Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Question: What is the ultimate loyalty of the Secret Service to?  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Advertisement

Question: What is the ultimate loyalty of the Secret Service to?

In light of the information about January 6 that is now coming out, that it appears the President tried to remove the Vice President from the Capitol, so a Senator could take over the Vice President’s duties, and do want Trump wanted. This brings up an interesting question.

What is the ultimate loyalty of the Secret Service to?

Is it to simply protect the lives of the President and the Vice President? Or is more involved. To allow the President and Vice President to exercise their authority. Is the mission of the Secret Service fulfilled if they preserve the life of the Vice President, but prevent him from exercising his authority? To keep the man alive but to “assassinate” the office, temporarily?

Is the Secret Service’s ultimate loyalty to the President? Or to the Constitution? To protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Does anyone know the answer to this question as it was in 1963?
As it was on January 6, 2021?
Or the answer to this question as of today?

I would be curious if anyone really knows. Of course, it should be to the Constitution. And google seems to paraphrase the oath that way.

Question:

But does anyone on this forum really know what the exact oath that a Secret Service agent gives?

Is it possible that there was some confusion on January 6, by some members of the Secret Service guarding Vice President Pence, what exactly their duty was?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Re: Question: What is the ultimate loyalty of the Secret Service to?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 01:20:35 PM »
On page three of “Five Presidents” Clint Hill writes:

“On September 22,1958, I was given a badge, handcuffs, holster, gun, and ammunition, and officially sworn in as a Special Agent in the United States Secret Service. I was taken out to the shooting range at the U.S. Mint in Denver to make sure I could qualify, and that was it. There was no other immediate training, except for reading the Special Agent Manual.”

Clint Hill, with Lisa McCubbin, has written three books. “Mrs. Kennedy and Me”, “Five Days in November”, and “Five Presidents”. They are all very well written and highly recommended, especially if you are interested in what the Secret Service does and what the people that Clint Hill protected were like.

Everything that I have read suggests that their mission is all about protecting the people who they are assigned to protect. I believe that in 1963, that was the President, the Vice President, and their families.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:07 PM »
Question: What is the ultimate loyalty of the Secret Service to?

In light of the information about January 6 that is now coming out, that it appears the President tried to remove the Vice President from the Capitol, so a Senator could take over the Vice President’s duties, and do want Trump wanted. This brings up an interesting question.

What is the ultimate loyalty of the Secret Service to?

Is it to simply protect the lives of the President and the Vice President? Or is more involved. To allow the President and Vice President to exercise their authority. Is the mission of the Secret Service fulfilled if they preserve the life of the Vice President, but prevent him from exercising his authority? To keep the man alive but to “assassinate” the office, temporarily?

Is the Secret Service’s ultimate loyalty to the President? Or to the Constitution? To protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Does anyone know the answer to this question as it was in 1963?
As it was on January 6, 2021?
Or the answer to this question as of today?

I would be curious if anyone really knows. Of course, it should be to the Constitution. And google seems to paraphrase the oath that way.

Question:

But does anyone on this forum really know what the exact oath that a Secret Service agent gives?

Is it possible that there was some confusion on January 6, by some members of the Secret Service guarding Vice President Pence, what exactly their duty was?

This post has nothing to do with the JFK assassination.  It appears to be yet another attempt to exercise some type of uncontrollable compulsion disorder on the topic of Trump and Jan.6 by interjecting a false premise.  For which there are unfortunately threads in the "Other" section of this forum.  No one will read them or respond but that is where it belongs. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:12:53 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:07 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 05:28:39 PM »
A loyal Lone Nutter stabbed in the back by Richard.

This should be a fun week!

ROFLMAO

I only speak for myself unlike some others.  No Norman Bates/Mother stuff.