Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did they let a Patsy have a Press Conference?  (Read 4553 times)

Offline John Mytton

Why did they let a Patsy have a Press Conference?
« on: April 18, 2022, 11:05:48 AM »
Advertisement
Oswald says "they've taken me in because of the fact I lived in the Soviet Union, I'm just a Patsy", even though Oswald gives a reason why he's a Patsy, a lot of CT's still endorse Oswald's Patsy comment as having a different meaning but unfortunately what that meaning is, usually isn't defined.

Anyway, Oswald gave his Patsy comment on the Friday* yet they still let loose cannon Oswald walk through Media infested hallways and then they give Oswald the platform of a Midnight Press Conference, so after Oswald proves that he is willing to spill the beans, they still let Oswald speak to the Press?

This proves in reality that the Dallas Police couldn't give a stuff what Oswald said because even by then, Oswald's sole guilt was more than established.

And don't forget they let Oswald speak to his wife.
And they let Oswald speak to his mother.
And they let Oswald speak to his brother.
Some conspiracy?!

*7:50 P.M.  Friday 22nd
Lineup for Witness J. D. Davis
"I have been dressed differently than the other three. . . . Don't you know the difference? I still have on the same clothes I was arrested in. The other two were prisoners, already in jail." Seth Kantor, reporter, heard Oswald yell, "I am only a patsy."

https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/LHO.html

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:18:45 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

Why did they let a Patsy have a Press Conference?
« on: April 18, 2022, 11:05:48 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Why did they let a Patsy have a Press Conference?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 12:08:13 PM »
Question....  How does one silence a patsy?

Answer....

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 12:13:33 PM »
Question....  How does one silence a patsy?

Answer....

Nice photo, the idea that the Dallas Police was behind or even partly behind the Assassination is easily refuted with a wall of cameras!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 12:13:33 PM »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 01:05:02 PM »
What if the Dallas police realize Oswald is clearly an agent of (at least one) United States intelligence services. So they throw him out there to the media and absolve themselves from the duty to cover up Oswald's ass. See what sticks to the wall when he faces questions.

Clearly Oswald's statements to the press had some cause for alarm, somewhere, because Ruby was told to kill the man.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 03:32:25 PM »
What if the Dallas police realize Oswald is clearly an agent of (at least one) United States intelligence services. So they throw him out there to the media and absolve themselves from the duty to cover up Oswald's ass. See what sticks to the wall when he faces questions.

Clearly Oswald's statements to the press had some cause for alarm, somewhere, because Ruby was told to kill the man.

Oswald didn't spill the beans because he had no beans to spill.
It was a basic case, a man kills another man with a rifle, then he kills a cop while in flight and when cornered he assaults the first Policeman and pulls out his gun and tries to kill another cop.

Oswald in the Walker note says "if" I'm taken prisoner, Oswald had planned to go down fighting if and when he was captured for Walker's death and this same mentality manifested itself as reality on the 22nd in the Texas Theatre.

11. If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in beginning of the city after crossing the bridge).
Oswald Walker note.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 03:32:25 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 05:23:12 PM »
Oswald says "they've taken me in because of the fact I lived in the Soviet Union, I'm just a Patsy", even though Oswald gives a reason why he's a Patsy, a lot of CT's still endorse Oswald's Patsy comment as having a different meaning but unfortunately what that meaning is, usually isn't defined.

Anyway, Oswald gave his Patsy comment on the Friday* yet they still let loose cannon Oswald walk through Media infested hallways and then they give Oswald the platform of a Midnight Press Conference, so after Oswald proves that he is willing to spill the beans, they still let Oswald speak to the Press?

This proves in reality that the Dallas Police couldn't give a stuff what Oswald said because even by then, Oswald's sole guilt was more than established.

Some conspiracy?!

"I have been dressed differently than the other three. . . . Don't you know the difference? I still have on the same clothes I was arrested in. The other two were prisoners, already in jail." Seth Kantor, reporter, heard Oswald yell, "I am only a patsy."

JohnM

they give Oswald the platform of a Midnight Press Conference,

Yes in deed they did!....And Jack Ruby was there with his pistol in his pocket.....But he could not push his way through the crowd of reporters so he couldn't get close enough to shoot Lee Oswald.....He had to wait about 35 hours until he performed the hit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 08:59:28 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 06:58:28 PM »

Some conspiracy?!

JohnM

"Patsy" is a convenient term, taken out of context but provided by Oswald, for what he is - someone being manipulated and set-up. "Fall guy" or "scapegoat" would work but Oswald coined a more appropriate term.
As a patsy, Oswald had no hand in the actual shooting of the President. He has no idea what actually happened so what can he say. If he knows, for a fact, that someone else shot JFK and JBC, why would he start shooting his mouth off about his own involvement without legal representation?
You seem to imagine a man who knows a lot more than he does about what's going on.
Oswald's real concern should be the Tippit murder.

Also, he doesn't realise he's going to be dead very shortly, he's settling in for the long game and seems almost exclusively concerned with getting legal representation and denying he shot the President. As a patsy he may well believe the investigation into the assassination will reveal the real shooter.

A last point...there is no classification of Cters. It is a very wide spectrum of opinions with some apparently believing ALL the Dallas Police were involved, ALL the FBI were involved and ALL the Secret service were involved, not to mention a great many others, and it seems like your post is aimed at these people.
But not all CTers are the same.

There is a very straight-forward possibility as to why Oswald would've been given "the platform of a Midnight Press Conference".
Whoever had the final say on whether or not the press conference was to take place wasn't a conspirator. It's that simple.

"This proves in reality that the Dallas Police couldn't give a stuff what Oswald said because even by then, Oswald's sole guilt was more than established."

I think this is very true. I get the impression that when Oswald was arrested in the TT many of the rank-and-file DP officers automatically assumed he was the sole assassin of JFK. Not because of some sinister conspiratorial plot but because of human nature. And as the impressive amount of evidence that seemed to point to Oswald's guilt was amassed, the more it confirmed this assumption.
The bias against Commie Cop Killer Oswald most certainly skewed an already profoundly incompetent investigation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 06:58:28 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 08:34:57 PM »
As Bugliosi noted, if there had been a conspiracy there would have been a car waiting for LHO to drive him to his death. They never would have relied on a nut like Jack Ruby to do the job with so many things that could have gone wrong.