Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ambulance 602  (Read 2857 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Ambulance 602
« on: April 18, 2022, 12:14:36 AM »
Advertisement
Can anybody provide a primary source citation for ambulance 602 being the ambulance that picked up Tippit, and for the claim that this broadcast was "Butler attempting to let dispatch know that they were leaving the scene en route to the hospital"?

Dispatcher   85.
602 (ambulance)   602.
Dispatcher   85.
85 (Ptm. R.W. Walker)   85.
Dispatcher   Suspect running west on Jefferson from the location.
85 (Ptm. R.W. Walker)   10-4.
Dispatcher   No physical description.
Citizen   Hello, hello, hello.
602 (ambulance)   602.

JFK Assassination Forum

Ambulance 602
« on: April 18, 2022, 12:14:36 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Ambulance 602
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 12:18:21 PM »
Code 5 means heading out to the location.

Code 6 means arrived at the location.

Call numbers in the 600's are ambulances.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:21:59 PM by Bill Brown »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 09:36:37 PM »
Can anybody provide a primary source citation for ambulance 602 being the ambulance that picked up Tippit, and for the claim that this broadcast was "Butler attempting to let dispatch know that they were leaving the scene en route to the hospital"?

Dispatcher   85.
602 (ambulance)   602.
Dispatcher   85.
85 (Ptm. R.W. Walker)   85.
Dispatcher   Suspect running west on Jefferson from the location.
85 (Ptm. R.W. Walker)   10-4.
Dispatcher   No physical description.
Citizen   Hello, hello, hello.
602 (ambulance)   602.

John,

I used to use the DPD transcripts posted on the McAdams site, but they are no longer available, so I'll have to explain it another way.

If you still have a copy of the transcripts go back in time a bit, to ambulance 602 arriving at East Jefferson and not finding anything there, so he asked the funeral home for the correct directions. Only then is he told it's on 10 street. That exchange should tell you that 602 is indeed the ambulance that was dispatched to the Tippit scene.

"Butler attempting to let dispatch know that they were leaving the scene en route to the hospital"?

I will discuss this in the mini debate soon, but I can tell you now the claim is not correct.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 09:36:37 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 09:55:52 PM »
John,

I used to use the DPD transcripts posted on the McAdams site, but they are no longer available, so I'll have to explain it another way.

If you still have a copy of the transcripts go back in time a bit, to ambulance 602 arriving at East Jefferson and not finding anything there, so he asked the funeral home for the correct directions. Only then is he told it's on 10 street. That exchange should tell you that 602 is indeed the ambulance that was dispatched to the Tippit scene.

"Butler attempting to let dispatch know that they were leaving the scene en route to the hospital"?

I will discuss this in the mini debate soon, but I can tell you now the claim is not correct.

You've probably got this already but you can access a photocopy version of the transcripts here;

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/D%20Disk/Dallas%20Police%20Department/Dallas%20Police%20Department%20Records/Volume%2004/Item%2001.pdf

Although it is a lot more cumbersome than it was on the McAdams site

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 12:24:46 AM »
Code 5 means heading out to the location.

Code 6 means arrived at the location.

Call numbers in the 600's are ambulances.

That much I already knew, but that doesn’t answer my question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 12:24:46 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 12:30:13 AM »

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/dpdtapes/index.htm

Thanks, but I also see references to ambulance 605 in the transcripts, so I’m wondering how we know 602 got Tippit. I’ve seen references to Butler being interviewed for the HSCA, but can’t find the interview online.

Thumb1:

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 12:43:13 AM »
https://www.jfk-assassination.net/dpdtapes/index.htm

Thanks, but I also see references to ambulance 605 in the transcripts, so I’m wondering how we know 602 got Tippit. I’ve seen references to Butler being interviewed for the HSCA, but can’t find the interview online.

Thumb1:

but I also see references to ambulance 605 in the transcripts, so I’m wondering how we know 602 got Tippit.

Because 602 was the one that was initially misdirected and then went on to the correct location.

I’ve seen references to Butler being interviewed for the HSCA, but can’t find the interview online.

I tried to find it as well, but so far no luck

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 12:43:13 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 05:13:45 AM »

The claim, my claim, is absolutely correct.  Yes, we'll be discussing it soon in the mini-debate thread.