Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The childhood of a CTer  (Read 4658 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: The childhood of a CTer
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2022, 01:27:37 AM »
Advertisement
Authority worshippers like you had blast back in the 1930s in Germany.

What a stupid offensive comment but I expect no less from you.

Nowhere did Gerry say he "worshipped" Authority, he just seems to have a healthy respect for the well being of his community.

You wankers keep disparaging the Police, but as soon as something goes wrong in your personal lives you're the first one crawling and licking their arses.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2022, 01:27:37 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »
What kind of childhood trauma causes people to blindly trust the word of authority figures?

Out of all the members here, I find you have the most irrational distrust of the Police and Authoritative figures so clearly you are the perfect case study for the questions raised in the OP.
Tell us about your childhood John?

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 10:46:45 PM »
I was a good kid so I never got in trouble with authority figures and authority figures consequently never gave me any hassle. Which brings up another point - I wonder if CTers were trouble makers as youngsters, got in trouble in school and with the police etc and consequently grow up with a chip on their shoulder and dislike authority figures in general. It seems like alot of CTers want to believe the worst about authority figures like the government. That would explain why CTers strain so much to absolve Oswald of any wrong-doing despite the overwhelming evidence against him - even willing to overlook the fact he beat his wife regularly and stubbed cigarettes out on her arm.

“Overwhelming evidence”. LOL.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 10:46:45 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2022, 10:55:02 PM »
Out of all the members here, I find you have the most irrational distrust of the Police and Authoritative figures so clearly you are the perfect case study for the questions raised in the OP.
Tell us about your childhood John?

My childhood was just fine, “Mytton”. So much so that I’m not so paranoid that I have to hide behind a fake name.

The idea that cops won’t “hassle” you if you’ve done nothing wrong is naive and comes from a place of unearned privilege. Unless you and Gerry think “driving while Black” is “doing something wrong”. Or taking a jog through the wrong neighborhood.

But whether it comes from a cop or not, a “because I said so” argument is not a good reason to believe something is actually true.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 12:02:23 AM »
My childhood was just fine, “Mytton”. So much so that I’m not so paranoid that I have to hide behind a fake name.

The idea that cops won’t “hassle” you if you’ve done nothing wrong is naive and comes from a place of unearned privilege. Unless you and Gerry think “driving while Black” is “doing something wrong”. Or taking a jog through the wrong neighborhood.

But whether it comes from a cop or not, a “because I said so” argument is not a good reason to believe something is actually true.

Shows that you have a chip on your shoulder about authority - apparently it is ok to resist arrest. Goes back to my opening post about CTers having some kind of undue chip on their shoulder about authority which clouds their judgment when analyzing a case such as the JFK assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 12:02:23 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 12:22:24 AM »
Shows that you have a chip on your shoulder about authority - apparently it is ok to resist arrest.

It depends. Do you mean actually resisting a lawful arrest or do you mean not doing what a cop feels like ordering you to do?

Because they are both called “resisting arrest”, and the latter is used as an excuse to asphyxiate people or shoot unarmed people in the back.

Goes back to my opening post about CTers having some kind of undue chip on their shoulder about authority which clouds their judgment when analyzing a case such as the JFK assassination.

No, people who aren’t adherents to the “Oswald did it” religion not only are aware of history with regard to police misconduct and coverup, but they also have correctly realized that “cop said so” isn’t a good reason to blindly accept that some claim is true.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 01:15:45 AM »
It depends. Do you mean actually resisting a lawful arrest or do you mean not doing what a cop feels like ordering you to do?

Because they are both called “resisting arrest”, and the latter is used as an excuse to asphyxiate people or shoot unarmed people in the back.

No, people who aren’t adherents to the “Oswald did it” religion not only are aware of history with regard to police misconduct and coverup, but they also have correctly realized that “cop said so” isn’t a good reason to blindly accept that some claim is true.

You seem mixed up in your thought process. Jessie Curry admitted they couldn't put Oswald in the window with a rifle. Though of course that kind of definitive evidence is often not available in murder cases.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 01:15:45 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 01:24:25 AM »
You seem mixed up in your thought process. Jessie Curry admitted they couldn't put Oswald in the window with a rifle.

I'm not sure why you would think I'm "mixed up" on that point.  The "cop said so" gambit is selectively used when it's convenient.