Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The childhood of a CTer  (Read 5509 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The childhood of a CTer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 05:30:51 AM »
Advertisement
Gerry Down had a good childhood; so he probably had a good start in life with his first authority figures: Mom & Dad.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 05:33:21 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 05:30:51 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 03:01:25 PM »
Gerry Down had a good childhood; so he probably had a good start in life with his first authority figures: Mom & Dad.

I was a good kid so I never got in trouble with authority figures and authority figures consequently never gave me any hassle. Which brings up another point - I wonder if CTers were trouble makers as youngsters, got in trouble in school and with the police etc and consequently grow up with a chip on their shoulder and dislike authority figures in general. It seems like alot of CTers want to believe the worst about authority figures like the government. That would explain why CTers strain so much to absolve Oswald of any wrong-doing despite the overwhelming evidence against him - even willing to overlook the fact he beat his wife regularly and stubbed cigarettes out on her arm.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 03:02:30 PM by Gerry Down »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 05:54:30 PM »
I was a good kid so I never got in trouble with authority figures and authority figures consequently never gave me any hassle. Which brings up another point - I wonder if CTers were trouble makers as youngsters, got in trouble in school and with the police etc and consequently grow up with a chip on their shoulder and dislike authority figures in general. It seems like alot of CTers want to believe the worst about authority figures like the government. That would explain why CTers strain so much to absolve Oswald of any wrong-doing despite the overwhelming evidence against him - even willing to overlook the fact he beat his wife regularly and stubbed cigarettes out on her arm.

It seems like alot of CTers want to believe the worst about authority figures like the government.

Mr Down, why don't you get up and extract your head and see the light.   Simply read a few history books  that record the histories of many police departments ....  Many southern cities had police and Sheriffs departments that were corrupt to the core.    I encourage you to read a couple of books that are good entertaining reading.....  Starting with Adam's  vs Texas , which is a true story about how the Dallas Police framed Randy Adams and sent him to death row.       Many of the same cops who framed Lee Oswald were also involved in the framing of Randy Adams.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 05:54:30 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 08:40:07 PM »
It seems like alot of CTers want to believe the worst about authority figures like the government.

Mr Down, why don't you get up and extract your head and see the light.   Simply read a few history books  that record the histories of many police departments ....  Many southern cities had police and Sheriffs departments that were corrupt to the core.    I encourage you to read a couple of books that are good entertaining reading.....  Starting with Adam's  vs Texas , which is a true story about how the Dallas Police framed Randy Adams and sent him to death row.       Many of the same cops who framed Lee Oswald were also involved in the framing of Randy Adams.

The Dallas police didn't frame Randy Adams, the real shooter did. The real shooter, Mr. Harris, made a false statement to the DPD that Adams was the shooter and so misled the DPD. You cant blame the DPD for that. Just goes to show my point. CTers have such suspicion for authority that they start blaming authority bodies for things they are not responsible for.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 09:39:34 PM »
The Dallas police didn't frame Randy Adams, the real shooter did. The real shooter, Mr. Harris, made a false statement to the DPD that Adams was the shooter and so misled the DPD. You cant blame the DPD for that. Just goes to show my point. CTers have such suspicion for authority that they start blaming authority bodies for things they are not responsible for.

Wow!  find this very interesting....  We've both read the book, and it's obvious to me that the DPD did not want a "good ol Texas boy" to be found guilty of the crime of murdering a police officer.. even though they knew that Harris was the killer...  And they had no compunction about blaming the crime on a "damned Yankee".  On the other hand you're perfectly happy to say that the DPD didn't frame Adams....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 09:39:34 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 09:55:14 PM »
Wow!  find this very interesting....  We've both read the book, and it's obvious to me that the DPD did not want a "good ol Texas boy" to be found guilty of the crime of murdering a police officer.. even though they knew that Harris was the killer...  And they had no compunction about blaming the crime on a "damned Yankee".  On the other hand you're perfectly happy to say that the DPD didn't frame Adams....

I think the issue there was Mr. Harris was a minor and Mr. Adams was the adult. So they assumed the adult was the guilty party. Check out the Wikipedia page on Mr. Adams to get a better idea of the story than that conspiracy book you reference.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 10:21:45 PM »
I think the issue there was Mr. Harris was a minor and Mr. Adams was the adult. So they assumed the adult was the guilty party. Check out the Wikipedia page on Mr. Adams to get a better idea of the story than that conspiracy book you reference.

So they assumed the adult was the guilty party.

Assumed ??....   I was of the opinion that the police were required to INVESTIGATE.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 10:21:45 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2022, 11:48:00 PM »
Authority worshippers like you had blast back in the 1930s in Germany.

So not getting in trouble with the police now makes one a Nazi. Lol.