Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The childhood of a CTer  (Read 5497 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: The childhood of a CTer
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 01:44:26 AM »
Advertisement
My childhood was just fine, “Mytton”. So much so that I’m not so paranoid that I have to hide behind a fake name.

The idea that cops won’t “hassle” you if you’ve done nothing wrong is naive and comes from a place of unearned privilege. Unless you and Gerry think “driving while Black” is “doing something wrong”. Or taking a jog through the wrong neighborhood.

But whether it comes from a cop or not, a “because I said so” argument is not a good reason to believe something is actually true.

My childhood was just fine,

If you say so

“Mytton”.

Whenever you get flustered suddenly my name is encapsulated by quotation marks. Thanks, it makes me feel special.

So much so that I’m not so paranoid that I have to hide behind a fake name.

No you take your paranoia to YouTube with absurd religious videos.  :D

The idea that cops won’t “hassle” you if you’ve done nothing wrong is naive and comes from a place of unearned privilege.

If you believe that, why do you continue to live there? Or is it easier being a Coward on a Forum?

Unless you and Gerry think “driving while Black” is “doing something wrong”. Or taking a jog through the wrong neighborhood.

I also hear a lot of stories of American cops doing a lot of nice things for their community.

The 10,000 good things police do each day that you don't often see
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2016/08/12/police-officers-positive-work-crane/88410664/

But whether it comes from a cop or not, a “because I said so” argument is not a good reason to believe something is actually true.

If whatever was said came from me, then you can be assured it was actually true!

JohnM

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 06:20:19 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 01:44:26 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2022, 01:50:17 AM »
The "cop said so" gambit is selectively used when it's convenient.

And the "All cops must be lying, because some cops are corrupt" is the weakest cop-out of them all.

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2022, 02:40:40 AM »
Whenever you get flustered suddenly my name is encapsulated by quotation marks. Thanks, it makes me feel special.

No, it’s always in quotation marks.

No you take your paranoia to YouTube with absurd religious videos.  :D

Name one paranoid or absurd thing I ever said on YouTube. And I haven’t done any “religious videos”. You can’t represent anything accurately and honestly, can you?

I also hear a lot of stories of American cops doing a lot of nice things for their community.

Yes there are. Does this make the bad ones somehow above reproach?

Unless whatever was said came from me, then you can be assured it was actually true!

You probably think your egotistical rantings are charming or funny or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 02:45:17 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2022, 02:40:40 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2022, 02:42:56 AM »
And the "All cops must be lying, because some cops are corrupt" is the weakest cop-out of them all.

Which I never said and neither did anybody else. So much for everything you say being true.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 03:03:45 AM »
It depends. Do you mean actually resisting a lawful arrest or do you mean not doing what a cop feels like ordering you to do?

Because they are both called “resisting arrest”, and the latter is used as an excuse to asphyxiate people or shoot unarmed people in the back.

No, people who aren’t adherents to the “Oswald did it” religion not only are aware of history with regard to police misconduct and coverup, but they also have correctly realized that “cop said so” isn’t a good reason to blindly accept that some claim is true.

they also have correctly realized that “cop said so” isn’t a good reason to blindly accept that some claim is true.

But John.....  The cops said that Lee Harvey Oswald who was a stinkin commie, a cop killer, a wife beater, a liar,  and a ne'r do well Ambushed JFK and killed him.....  If we don't believe the authorities, WHO are we to believe??   And they presented no other suspect....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 03:03:45 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2022, 04:14:52 AM »
they also have correctly realized that “cop said so” isn’t a good reason to blindly accept that some claim is true.

But John.....  The cops said that Lee Harvey Oswald who was a stinkin commie, a cop killer, a wife beater, a liar,  and a ne'r do well Ambushed JFK and killed him.....  If we don't believe the authorities, WHO are we to believe??   And they presented no other suspect....

Well Walt,
Oswald did defect to Russia, the very definition of a "stinkin commie"
Oswald did hit his wife.
Oswald was a liar.
And Oswald hated Authority.

And they presented no other suspect....

There was no other suspect, the DP tried to get Frazier the guy who drove Oswald to work to admit to something but there was nothing to admit, it was all Oswald all by himself.
Oswald took a rifle to work and killed the President, that's it, there is nothing else, get used to it!

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 06:14:47 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2022, 05:37:50 PM »
Well Walt,
Oswald did hit his wife.
Oswald was a liar.

There was no other suspect, the DP tried to get Frazier the guy who drove Oswald to work to admit to something but there was nothing to admit, it was all Oswald all by himself.
Oswald took a rifle to work and killed the President, that's it, there is nothing else, get used to it!

JohnM

As the old burned out detective Jack Martin told Jim Garrison...."YOU ARE SO NAIVE!"

Only a naive simpleton would believe that Lee Oswald defected to the USSR in 1959.....There is ample evidence that reveals that Lee Oswald who fancied himself to be a budding Super spy  was sent the the USSR by the US government.

Oswald did hit his wife.

Marina said that she provoked Lee, and they struck each other during quarrels....

Oswald was a liar.

There are very very few human's who are not liars..... You're probably the pot that chastised the kettle for being black.

Many people lack respect for authority..... Example  recall George Floyd?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2022, 05:37:50 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2022, 11:17:10 PM »

As the old burned out detective Jack Martin told Jim Garrison...."YOU ARE SO NAIVE!"

Only a naive simpleton would believe that Lee Oswald defected to the USSR in 1959.....There is ample evidence that reveals that Lee Oswald who fancied himself to be a budding Super spy  was sent the the USSR by the US government.

Oswald did hit his wife.

Marina said that she provoked Lee, and they struck each other during quarrels....

Oswald was a liar.

There are very very few human's who are not liars..... You're probably the pot that chastised the kettle for being black.

Many people lack respect for authority..... Example  recall George Floyd?

1.  I'd like to see this "ample evidence" that Oswald "didn't defect to Russia".  Do you also deny that he said he hated America, which he wrote in a letter to his brother, Robert, and also stated that he hated so much that he said he would never come back to?

2.  He did more than strike his wife, though.  He put a cigarette out on Marina's arm. How about when he slapped his mom?  How about the instance where he pulled a knife on his sister-in-law.  And how about the fact that he wanted to hi-jack a plane to Cuba forcing Marina to hold a gun on the pilot.    He wanted to do-and did do things that only a deranged minded individual would think about and do.

3. You can speak for yourself, and provide evidence /proof that "There are very few humans who are not liars".  That's quite a bold statement on your part to be making.

4.  Oswald didn't like anyone.  He wouldn't give people who passed him the time of day when they would speak to him, according to some who worked with him.

Oswald didn't stand a chance to have a normal life, having been raised by his mother, being separated from his brother, losing his father through death, and his only other father figure, Edward Eckdal whom he lost because of his mother's behavior.   
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 11:19:02 PM by Steve Barber »