Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump calls upon Putin to release information about Hunter Biden  (Read 9206 times)

Offline Richard Smith

Re: Trump calls upon Putin to release information about Hunter Biden
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »
Advertisement
I can see why you hesitated to answer my three questions.

Maybe the laptop was not turned in by Hunter. Maybe it was not turned in by a Hunter look alike. Maybe the computer store and the proprietor were not chosen by random.

Certainly, the Russians and maybe some Trump supporter would be capable of faking this evidence. Is it really unbelievable that Trump may have asked the Russians for some assistance in this matter? Is that really the sort of thing Trump would never do?

You are totally dodging the question. It’s like saying:
The two situations are totally different because Roosevelt was President while Trump is an ex-President.
The two situations are totally different because Roosevelt used a wheelchair while Trump does not.
The two situations are totally different because Roosevelt did not play golf while Trump does.

It is bad for a President, and ex-President or any American to call upon an enemy of America for political assistance.

In 1940, America was not at war with Nazi Germany but Nazi Germany was America’s enemy because it was attacking democratic countries. Similarly, in 2022, Russia is America’s enemy. Both Hitler (was) and Putin (is) enemies of America. No one should be appealing to Putin for political help.

A convincing case against Hunter Biden has not been made while Joseph Biden is President. Nor was one made while Trump was President. And any case based on information provided by Russia would be highly unconvincing.

And so, your answer seems to be, yes, pleading with Russia to create/release information against political opponents should be the new normal for American politicians. Provided it is “necessary”. So, it would have been acceptable for Roosevelt, in 1940, to appeal to Hitler to provided evidence of illicit business dealings with Germany, by businessman and Republican candidate for President Wendell Willkie. Provided this was necessary. That is, Roosevelt could not get the Justice Department to make such a case. And so, it is also acceptable for Trump to do this with Putin.

You have dodged the question. I didn’t ask “What does Putin think”. I asked “What does Trump think”. And the answer is clear. Trump believes that Putin is likely to help Trump defeat Biden in 2024, or maybe sooner. He wouldn’t be asking for this help if he thought Putin prefers facing Biden over Trump.

And I guess you would claim that Hoover was a stronger President than Roosevelt because no dictator took control and attacked democratic countries under Hoover’s watch, but it happened multiple times under Roosevelt’s.

Joe-
If you think that the Russians found a Hunter look alike (Oswald double anyone?) and the guy who ran the computer store is a Russian asset etc. then you are in tin foil hat territory.  Even the radical leftist media has given up on that baseless fantasy.  Whether the Russians are "capable" of such a feat doesn't move the ball. The Wash Post, NY Times and even CNN have confirmed that the emails are legit.  They just check them with the recipients and confirm that they were sent by Hunter.  You dont' have 22,000 emails to numerous different recipients that all check out and have a fake laptop.  LOL.  You don't have to accept my opinion, though.  From all indications the indictments are coming soon. 

The situations are different from your analogy as Trump is not the sitting president and there is no confirmation that Trump will ever run for office again or that his opponent will be Old Joe.  But, as a I said, there is nothing impermissible with Trump asking the Russians to provide any legitimate information that they have.  It is perfectly legal and Trump did this publicly.  Where is the moral outrage that the son of the VP and now President enriched himself peddling his father's influence and that a foreign government could (and perhaps has) used that to blackmail the sitting President?  Why haven't the DOJ and FBI done their job for decades to resolve the wide spread corruption in the Biden family that has been well know for years?  His son, brother, and even his wife are all on the take.  Why did the media and social media shutdown this topic during the election cycle as a "conspiracy theory" only now to acknowledge it was legitimate.  Who cares what Trump/Putin thinks if the results avoid a war?  That's silly.  Some people apparently prefer war to an acknowledgement that Trump was a far superior president than Biden.  Not that this is saying much as Biden is one of the five worst presidents in history and he still has a couple years to go.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 03:49:13 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 03:32:57 PM »
I'm sure Rick was about to post this information given his exhaustive effort to protect American democracy from Russian disinformation. 

Federal campaign watchdog fines DNC, Clinton campaign over dossier spending disclosure

The Federal Election Commission has agreed to a fine of over $100,000 against the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign over an investigation into alleged misreporting of spending related to the now-infamous Steele dossier.

The FEC fined both organizations after a pair of now years-old complaints — one from the Campaign Legal Center and another from the conservative Coolidge Reagan Foundation — alleged that the party and campaign reported payments to the powerhouse Democratic law firm Perkins Coie as legal expenses, when in actuality some of the money was earmarked for “paying Fusion GPS through Perkins Coie to conduct opposition research on Donald Trump.”

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 05:36:39 AM »

Joe-
If you think that the Russians found a Hunter look alike (Oswald double anyone?) and the guy who ran the computer store is a Russian asset etc. then you are in tin foil hat territory.  Even the radical leftist media has given up on that baseless fantasy.  Whether the Russians are "capable" of such a feat doesn't move the ball. The Wash Post, NY Times and even CNN have confirmed that the emails are legit.  They just check them with the recipients and confirm that they were sent by Hunter.  You dont' have 22,000 emails to numerous different recipients that all check out and have a fake laptop.  LOL.  You don't have to accept my opinion, though.  From all indications the indictments are coming soon. 

The situations are different from your analogy as Trump is not the sitting president and there is no confirmation that Trump will ever run for office again or that his opponent will be Old Joe.  But, as a I said, there is nothing impermissible with Trump asking the Russians to provide any legitimate information that they have.  It is perfectly legal and Trump did this publicly.  Where is the moral outrage that the son of the VP and now President enriched himself peddling his father's influence and that a foreign government could (and perhaps has) used that to blackmail the sitting President?  Why haven't the DOJ and FBI done their job for decades to resolve the wide spread corruption in the Biden family that has been well know for years?  His son, brother, and even his wife are all on the take.  Why did the media and social media shutdown this topic during the election cycle as a "conspiracy theory" only now to acknowledge it was legitimate.  Who cares what Trump/Putin thinks if the results avoid a war?  That's silly.  Some people apparently prefer war to an acknowledgement that Trump was a far superior president than Biden.  Not that this is saying much as Biden is one of the five worst presidents in history and he still has a couple years to go.

Wow. You make it sound like an overwhelming case. I just have one question. Is it impossible that these are real emails, but not sent from Hunter Biden, but by someone else? Pretending to be Hunter Biden, perhaps using Hunter Biden’s real laptop?

But let’s say, for the moment, this is a legitimate case. Despite Donald Trump secretly seeking help from Ukraine in 2019, openly doing so with Russia in 2022. Perhaps secretly seeking help from Russia before 2019. In the midst of these efforts, a laptop is conveniently discovered belonging to Hunter Biden with all sorts of evidence on it. I am still surprised that finding someone’s laptop would launch a Federal Investigation.

Question 1: Can you think of another case, that the finding of someone’s laptop, who at the time the government had no interest in investigation, launched a through investigation into that laptop? Any case at all?

Question 2: Had a son of Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr. or Eric Trump, left a laptop to be repaired at a computer store, would the Trump administration have launched the same sort of investigation into that laptop? Or would any such investigation be quickly squashed, or even never get off the ground?

If I was sitting on a jury, I would want these questions addressed and answered to my satisfaction. Otherwise, I will return a verdict of Not Guilty. You see, I don’t want there to be one standard of justice for the sons of the sitting President. And a different standard for the son of a possible opposition candidate. I think that finding a jury that would convict Hunter Biden is going to be difficult, just as, as I have always said, finding a jury of twelve to all convict Donald Trump. I don’t see it happening.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 05:36:39 AM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2022, 03:50:36 PM »
Wow. You make it sound like an overwhelming case. I just have one question. Is it impossible that these are real emails, but not sent from Hunter Biden, but by someone else? Pretending to be Hunter Biden, perhaps using Hunter Biden’s real laptop?

But let’s say, for the moment, this is a legitimate case. Despite Donald Trump secretly seeking help from Ukraine in 2019, openly doing so with Russia in 2022. Perhaps secretly seeking help from Russia before 2019. In the midst of these efforts, a laptop is conveniently discovered belonging to Hunter Biden with all sorts of evidence on it. I am still surprised that finding someone’s laptop would launch a Federal Investigation.

Question 1: Can you think of another case, that the finding of someone’s laptop, who at the time the government had no interest in investigation, launched a through investigation into that laptop? Any case at all?

Question 2: Had a son of Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr. or Eric Trump, left a laptop to be repaired at a computer store, would the Trump administration have launched the same sort of investigation into that laptop? Or would any such investigation be quickly squashed, or even never get off the ground?

If I was sitting on a jury, I would want these questions addressed and answered to my satisfaction. Otherwise, I will return a verdict of Not Guilty. You see, I don’t want there to be one standard of justice for the sons of the sitting President. And a different standard for the son of a possible opposition candidate. I think that finding a jury that would convict Hunter Biden is going to be difficult, just as, as I have always said, finding a jury of twelve to all convict Donald Trump. I don’t see it happening.

I still can't understand why any of this is about Trump other than he was right all along. The son of the current President and former VP sold influence and access for millions of dollars dating back for decades.  That is not only a crime but creates a national security risk.  A real one and not the fake type that Dems tried to hang on Trump for nearly his entire administration with the fake Russian collusion hoax. Everyone has now conceded the legitimacy of the laptop.  The Wash Post, NY Times, and CNN etc.   You don't think the FBI and DOJ have the technical capability to determine if an email is sent from a certain computer to another?  And then check with the recipient who can not only confirm receipt of the email but that it came from Hunter in relation to some transaction?  The only question now is when the indictments will come down.   Plenty of people have been prosecuted for the information contained on their computer.  I'm not sure why that is something you think has never happened before. 

What should be concerning about all this: 

1) the current President is compromised with foreign governments as a result of his families' criminal conduct (and not just Hunter);
2) the US media including social media not only buried this story for political reasons but actually attempted to suppress it by censoring anyone who posted about it.  An outrageous 1984 type activity.  Everyone should be concerned about the ability of social media companies to determine what is truth and what is not.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:06:12 PM by Richard Smith »