Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Camera Lady  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Steve Barber

Re: Camera Lady
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 07:23:09 PM »
Advertisement

I am no fan of Gary Mack--I'm just sharing what he said about the woman in question.

According to Gary, the woman was "holding her purse up in front of her face to block the sun".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 07:23:09 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 08:17:07 PM »

I am no fan of Gary Mack--I'm just sharing what he said about the woman in question.

According to Gary, the woman was "holding her purse up in front of her face to block the sun".

It definitely appears to me to be a camera. 

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 06:10:53 PM »

Yes Garry Mack also told me that after looking at a very good copy of Altgen's 6 he had at the 6th floor museum that he could see that the woman was holding her "hand bag" up to her face to shield her eyes from the sun.

Lady "F" in the lineup

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 06:10:53 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 06:24:46 PM »
Altgens 5 taken on Houston st also shows "several spectators holding their hand up to shield their eyes from the suns glare".

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 06:28:29 PM »

That’s an interesting question Duncan!

Off the top of my head, I think that the fire truck didn’t arrive until after !:00 pm. Therefore, if it is the same woman, it might not be Ann Donaldson. The reason I say that is because I believe the group of women with Woodward (according to her account) all returned to their offices only a few minutes after the assassination.

If James Hackerott sees this and is interested enough to apply his techniques to the video frames, he might be able to get some more detail of her face. Then we could compare it to Ann’s known photographs that Rick provided.

Thanks for the response Duncan!
Charles, I cant do anything with the YouTube video. I believe Denis Moricet has done some work on her identification.

I did try the stacking technique to Zapruder frames showing the Woodward group, stacking the best 32 frames showing the space between Camera Lady and the woman to her right. Even without stacking it is obvious there is a dark something that could be a camera between the women’s heads. It is too small to be a purse useful for blocking the sun. It does look to me she is holding a camera in Altgens, possibly a Kodak Instamatic 100, introduced in 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 06:28:29 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 09:27:59 PM »
Yes Garry Mack also told me that after looking at a very good copy of Altgen's 6 he had at the 6th floor museum that he could see that the woman was holding her "hand bag" up to her face to shield her eyes from the sun.

Lady "F" in the lineup

Thanks Robin, lady "F" in the lineup in the Zapruder frame is also what I was thinking. I was confused a little bit however by the earlier comment by Steve Barber and was thinking he was referring to the lady in the other youtube video. She definitely has a camera.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 09:36:25 PM »
Charles, I cant do anything with the YouTube video. I believe Denis Moricet has done some work on her identification.

I did try the stacking technique to Zapruder frames showing the Woodward group, stacking the best 32 frames showing the space between Camera Lady and the woman to her right. Even without stacking it is obvious there is a dark something that could be a camera between the women’s heads. It is too small to be a purse useful for blocking the sun. It does look to me she is holding a camera in Altgens, possibly a Kodak Instamatic 100, introduced in 1963.

Thanks James, your thoughts are exactly what I was thinking initially. But after considering what was said by Gary Mack, I have take another look and believe that Gary might be correct. Please take a look at this GIF that I created:

I added an outline of what appears just might be a black purse. It appears to be slightly blocking a small portion of the right side of the other lady's head. And I think the purse might be being held to the right side of the "camera lady's" head in order to block the sun. The difference in the shades of "color" in the black and white photo between the purse and the "camera lady's" hair appears more obvious to me now that I have this idea in mind.

P.S.  I did make an error on the top left of my outline. That corner should be cut off to match the different shades between the purse and her hair.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 09:38:27 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 09:36:25 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 02:22:59 PM »

Lady "F" in the lineup

Robin, would you consider that in the 4.8 seconds from Z167 to Z255 woman C (black hair) in your graphic could squeeze between woman E and F (camera woman)? Z167 being the last frame we can see she is still standing next to the hard hat man B.