Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Camera Lady  (Read 5476 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Camera Lady
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 05:28:02 PM »
Advertisement
Another thought that has occurred to me is that a purse of that size would not be a first choice (for most of us) as a sunshield to be held like that for much time. And since JFK had apparently been hit by a bullet no more that thirty feet in front of those ladies, that this lady had already realized it by the time Altgens took the photo. And that she might have turned her head and put the purse up there to block her view because she just couldn't stand to watch this scene. After all, the photo is only an instant in time. And we lost sight of these ladies (in the Zapruder film) well before JFK was apparently hit. However, we can see them in Willis' photo taken about Z196.

And I do not see any sign of a black purse held up to shield the sun...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 05:28:02 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 06:12:55 PM »

It definitely appears to me to be a camera.

And it very well could be.  I see nothing that resembles a purse in her hands, but she definitely has something in her hands.  Also, for someone to shield the sun from their eyes, they would normally put their hands over their eyes.  A purse would be rather awkward to hold onto, judging from their size at that time.  On top of this, Gary, being the egomaniac that he was, has been proved wrong regarding his observations more times than not.  For example, the acoustics, Badge Man, the identity of the woman on the grass between the Newman's and the Stemmons Freeway sign.  He swore that her name is was Cheryl McKinnon.  In 2013, the real identity came to light and her name is Doris Mumford.  She was identified by her daughter Karen, who provided proof with many photographs of her mother and you can clearly see that it is Doris Muford, not Cheryl McKinnon.  However, in typical Gary Mack form, he refused to admit he was wrong, just like he did with the other three observations by him.  I knew Gary very personally.  He was a snake in the grass.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 08:38:16 PM »
Another item that I have noticed (for what it is worth) is the presence of what appears to be two purses (one light colored and one appearing to be black) sitting on the sidewalk, behind the camera lady, and in her shadow. We can see them in the Zapruder film. Here they are in a crop of Z151 (I have drawn an arrow to point them out):

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 08:38:16 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2022, 10:46:48 PM »
Another item that I have noticed (for what it is worth) is the presence of what appears to be two purses (one light colored and one appearing to be black) sitting on the sidewalk, behind the camera lady, and in her shadow. We can see them in the Zapruder film. Here they are in a crop of Z151 (I have drawn an arrow to point them out):

Agreed! 

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2022, 08:03:18 AM »
Same Woman?

https://www.youtube.com/user/assassinationforum/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/assassinationforum/videos

Nice find! I would say the woman in the video looks very similar to Donaldson. If you notice, the chin and nose looks pretty much the same in both the photo and video. The photo was taken 5 years earlier, so her hair doesn't appear as short in the footage. If we could get a close up of a video still and compare it with the photo we could make a better identification.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2022, 08:03:18 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »
For what it is worth, the Dallas Morning News Women’s News department did have a photographer named Doris Jacoby. Doris was at the Trade Mart when the assassination occurred and went to Parkland Hospital when she found out that JFK and JBC had been taken there. She relates her account in a book published by the Dallas Morning News titled “JFK Assassination, The Reporter’s Notes. There are photographs of both Doris and Mary Elizabeth Woodward in that book.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2022, 03:09:09 PM »
Nice find! I would say the woman in the video looks very similar to Donaldson. If you notice, the chin and nose looks pretty much the same in both the photo and video. The photo was taken 5 years earlier, so her hair doesn't appear as short in the footage. If we could get a close up of a video still and compare it with the photo we could make a better identification.   

This film must have been captured by two different cameras because there is also  black and white footage of this woman in the same position--unless this film is the black and white footage (it looks like color footage in this frame) and this woman is actually in a button down shirt with rolled up sleeves and blue jeans.  I don't know who took the film(s), nor can I find the footage, but it has appeared in many documentaries over the years.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2022, 03:09:09 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2022, 03:58:38 PM »
Denis Morrissette’s blog page “Unidentified Photographers, Cameramen and Media People in Dealey Plaza” section 6 shows work credited to Linda Zambanini identifying her as Elinor Sandhorn. If the ID is good she is in the area of the reflection pool at the time of the assassination.

Section 7 has the Altgens6 camerawoman as Anne Donaldson.

https://jfkassassinationfiles.wordpress.com/2015/08/14/photos-and-films/