Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The bus transfer  (Read 15149 times)

Online Charles Collins

The bus transfer
« on: March 24, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »
Advertisement
Pages 213 and 214 of the book "Final Disclosure" by David Belin tells us:

"However, when Oswald was apprehended , he had a bus transfer. Shortly after the assassination, he boarded a bus, and when the bus stalled in traffic, he left it and hailed a cab. As Oswald left the bus, he asked for a transfer.

Why did he ask for the transfer? Was there some nearby bus-transfer point toward which Oswald was walking when he was stopped by Tippit? There was.

Evidence is circumstantial, but it is likely Oswald was fleeing to Mexico City when he encountered Tippit. While in the marines, Oswald once told a buddy, Nelson Delgado, that if he were ever trying to escape law enforcement authorities in the United States, he would try to get to Mexico and from there go to Russia via Cuba. "This is the way I would go about it."

From Oswald's rooming house, where he had stopped to pick up his gun, the nearest boarding point for use of the transfer was at Jefferson and Marsalis, and he had almost arrived there when he was stopped by Tippit.

The first southbound bus Oswald could have taken after the assassination left downtown Dallas at 3:15 p.m. and made a flag stop at Lisbon, which was part of the metropolitan area of Dallas. The Lisbon stop could be reached through the bus transfer, and the intersection of Jefferson and Marsalis streets was the only transfer point in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas where Oswald could have used his transfer. [emphasis added by me] Oswald had almost arrived at that transfer point when he was stopped by Tippit, no doubt because Oswald's description matched the description broadcast over the Dallas police radio after the assassination.”

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:47:20 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

The bus transfer
« on: March 24, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: The bus transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 03:02:55 PM »
I have yet to see any credible evidence that LHO was in the proximity of the Tippit murder location at the estimated time of the murder. A very credible witness (Roberts) swore LHO only left the Beckley rooming house at a time that was mere moments before the shooting occurred, and he was observed heading in the opposite direction. The timeline of LHO getting to the shooting location almost a mile away by foot doesn't add up (just like most of the so-called evidence implicating him for JFK murder).

I haven’t seen any credible evidence that you even have a clue!

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 05:07:40 PM »
Pages 213 and 214 of the book "Final Disclosure" by David Belin tells us:

"However, when Oswald was apprehended , he had a bus transfer. Shortly after the assassination, he boarded a bus, and when the bus stalled in traffic, he left it and hailed a cab. As Oswald left the bus, he asked for a transfer.

Why did he ask for the transfer? Was there some nearby bus-transfer point toward which Oswald was walking when he was stopped by Tippit? There was.

Evidence is circumstantial, but it is likely Oswald was fleeing to Mexico City when he encountered Tippit. While in the marines, Oswald once told a buddy, Nelson Delgado, that if he were ever trying to escape law enforcement authorities in the United States, he would try to get to Mexico and from there go to Russia via Cuba. "This is the way I would go about it."

From Oswald's rooming house, where he had stopped to pick up his gun, the nearest boarding point for use of the transfer was at Jefferson and Marsalis, and he had almost arrived there when he was stopped by Tippit.

The first southbound bus Oswald could have taken after the assassination left downtown Dallas at 3:15 p.m. and made a flag stop at Lisbon, which was part of the metropolitan area of Dallas. The Lisbon stop could be reached through the bus transfer, and the intersection of Jefferson and Marsalis streets was the only transfer point in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas where Oswald could have used his transfer. [emphasis added by me] Oswald had almost arrived at that transfer point when he was stopped by Tippit, no doubt because Oswald's description matched the description broadcast over the Dallas police radio after the assassination.”

Interesting report on the Dallas bus routes:
https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/document/0393/23811297.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 05:07:40 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 05:53:06 PM »
Interesting report on the Dallas bus routes:
https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/document/0393/23811297.pdf

Thanks Richard, that’s some good information that expands on the description that I posted from Belin’s book!

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »

Evidence is circumstantial, but it is likely Oswald was fleeing to Mexico City... 
Evidence is non-existent [as usual] with your hypothetical tales.
If Oswald was on the run to Mexico he would not have wasted time meandering all over Oak Cliff.
He would have not left all his money with Marina.
He would have gone directly to the Trailways/Greyhound station some 4 or 5 blocks from the TSBD and boarded the first bus out of town headed south.
So try it again with gusto señor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 10:10:08 PM »
Evidence is non-existent [as usual] with your hypothetical tales.
If Oswald was on the run to Mexico he would not have wasted time meandering all over Oak Cliff.
He would have not left all his money with Marina.
He would have gone directly to the Trailways/Greyhound station some 4 or 5 blocks from the TSBD and boarded the first bus out of town headed south.
So try it again with gusto señor.

Who the heck do you think you are talking to?    ???

David Belin died in 1999, those are words that he wrote in his book. I don’t think that he will be responding back to you.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 10:28:59 PM »
I have yet to see any credible evidence that LHO was in the proximity of the Tippit murder location at the estimated time of the murder.

So this must mean you have totally dismissed as incorrect the positive identification of Oswald put forth by several witnesses who said they saw LHO either on 10th Street, Patton Avenue, or Jefferson Boulevard either at the precise moment of J.D. Tippit's murder or just seconds or minutes after the murder (witnesses such as Callaway, Scoggins, Markham, B. Davis, V. Davis, among others). Is that correct?

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/index.html#JD-Tippit
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 10:32:39 PM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 10:28:59 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 11:31:48 PM »

David Belin died in 1999, those are words that he wrote in his book. I don’t think that he will be responding back to you.
You repeated them as if they were gospel. I merely successfully [apparently] refuted them. Get over it.
So this must mean you have totally dismissed as incorrect the positive identification of Oswald...
That record still skipping is it?
That stuff discredited in this thread from forum past---
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,697.0.html