Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Where Can We See A Complete Copy Of This Version of Zapruder Film In Motion?  (Read 4192 times)

Online Steve Barber

Advertisement

Does anyone know?  As discolored as it is, it shows great detail!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 02:30:47 PM by Steve Barber »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Steve Barber

Sixty seven views of this thread, the frames from this version of the Zapruder film are constantly being posted throughout this forum, and no one knows from where the frames originate?  I think I saw it one time in motion, but it wasn't the entire film, as I recall.   I believe Robin Unger had it , but he comes and goes frequently from here as well as Facebook, so not easy to get a hold of him. 

Offline Jake Maxwell

And this is likely not even the best copy available... somewhere...
One Kodak employee who saw the original Zapruder that was shown to a group of about 15 people right after the film was processed, said the film was “needle sharp” with brilliant colors and the focus was “locked in.”
I don’t think there is one copy out there that has those three features... But we keep looking!

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
   Sixty seven views of this thread, the frames from this version of the Zapruder film are constantly being posted throughout this forum, and no one knows from where the frames originate?  I think I saw it one time in motion, but it wasn't the entire film, as I recall.   I believe Robin Unger had it , but he comes and goes frequently from here as well as Facebook, so not easy to get a hold of him.
As you probably know well, the DVD Image of an Assassination has high resolution views (Close-up, Medium Close-up and Full frame with sprocket area.  The frames were digitized from the original Zfilm and the DVD contains a documentary about the process.  You can capture these frames from the video.  The resolution of captured frames is good but there should be better resolution frames made from the original high resolution digitized frames.  Perhaps you could get them through the film maker H.D. Motyl.  He is a professor at Southern Illinois University.

Online Steve Barber

And this is likely not even the best copy available... somewhere...
One Kodak employee who saw the original Zapruder that was shown to a group of about 15 people right after the film was processed, said the film was “needle sharp” with brilliant colors and the focus was “locked in.”
I don’t think there is one copy out there that has those three features... But we keep looking!

Agreed.  The only copy that even comes close to what that gentleman described is the National Archives copy.  It's so much sharper, clearer, brighter,  and lacks the grain the MPI copy contains throughout. Once I saw the National Archives copy, I couldn't understand why it wasn't released by MPI instead.   

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Steve Barber

As you probably know well, the DVD Image of an Assassination has high resolution views (Close-up, Medium Close-up and Full frame with sprocket area.  The frames were digitized from the original Zfilm and the DVD contains a documentary about the process.  You can capture these frames from the video.  The resolution of captured frames is good but there should be better resolution frames made from the original high resolution digitized frames.  Perhaps you could get them through the film maker H.D. Motyl.  He is a professor at Southern Illinois University.

Thank Andrew.  I bought that DVD in 1998 (I believe is when it was released?) and thought it was outstanding.  But then I saw the National Archives copy--clad with sprocket hole area included, and it blew me away!  Thanks so much just the same for the information. 

Offline Jake Maxwell

Is a National Archives copy available to acquire?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Steve Barber

Is a National Archives copy available to acquire?

If you move to 7:09 into this documentary, this is the NA copy of the film.  I'm not sure whether or not the public can acquire a personal copy or not.  I'd like to have a copy for myself, but have never checked into it.