Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The rest of the story...  (Read 1893 times)

Online Charles Collins

The rest of the story...
« on: March 21, 2022, 04:43:27 PM »
Advertisement
Most of us probably remember Paul Harvey and his "The rest of the story" segments on radio. This thread is intended to be an invitation to post this type of, lessor known stories pertaining to the JFK assassination. I will start it out with one from pages 31 and 32 of a book titled "Final Disclosure" by David Belin.

"As a matter of fact, Mark Lane filmed a number of collateral witnesses and together with Emile d'Antonio produced a film, which was also entitled Rush to Judgment. In August 1966, I received from Lane and d'Antonio a letter stating that they had completed a film on the assassination of President Kennedy and offered me "the opportunity to rebut the film on camera -- with the understanding that anything you say on camera will be used intact without any cuts, additions, or deletions on our part." This put me in a quandary. I knew that Mark Lane's claims were a sham -- a shrewd concoction of specious arguments based on misrepresentations of the overall record. I also knew that Mark Lane, when he sent the letter, undoubtedly anticipated that I would refuse the request, because he knew of my contempt for his lack of conscience and his making the assassination of President Kennedy his lifetime "meal ticket."

I also reasoned that if I turned down the invitation, at the end of the film they would read the invitation and state that I turned it down. Undoubtedly, the film would reach hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of viewers, and I thought that I just could not let Lane get away with this. Therefore, I decided to accept the invitation. There was only one problem: As soon as I accepted the invitation, Lane tried to run away. I wrote eight letters, none of which was answered except for one brief postcard from Mr. d'Antonio to write to Mark Lane at a specific address in New York. I wrote Lane at that address -- but no reply. Finally, I wrote to Lane in care of his publisher, where he was collecting his book royalties, and following my ninth letter, Mark Lane withdrew the offer. I won the battle, but I lost the war, because the film has been seen by millions throughout the world; however, there is no rebuttal to the deception and misrepresentation that permeates the film production.

And now you know.... the rest of the story!

JFK Assassination Forum

The rest of the story...
« on: March 21, 2022, 04:43:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: The rest of the story...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »
Well, I was hoping that by now there would be some more contributions of some lesser known stories. This morning, I came across another anecdotal type story that I don’t remember ever hearing about before now. Here is a link to an oral history contribution to the Sixth Floor Museum by Mary Smith.

In 1948, Smith lived next door to the Oswald family in Benbrook, Texas. During that time, she regularly gave Marguerite Oswald a ride to work and babysat young Lee Harvey Oswald.

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/40561/-?ctx=37a1d3c36fbef3e0453652a8429bd91fc7025fa6&idx=168

If you click on the link on that webpage that looks like a section of movie film, it brings up a short video exerpt from the interview. Mary Smith tells us, near the beginning of this video, about the time that a young LHO sprayed deodorant in her baby’s eyes and they had to take the baby to the doctor.

What kind of boy would do something like that to a defenseless little baby?   ???