Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Free eBook The Bishop Hoax  (Read 9704 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Free eBook The Bishop Hoax
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »
Advertisement
Chapter 23 of The Bishop Hoax is now online:
https://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/p/23-single-mans-monomania.html

Highlights:
Fonzi's 1980 article "Who Killed JFK?" draws critical reaction from peers and others in the know.
I've always thought of Fonzi of being essentially a honest but misguided person determined to capture his white whale ("Let faith oust fact; let fancy oust memory; I look deep down and do believe") but this is pretty damning. He was, well, corrupt.

They so much believe in their cause that they lose all bearing.  Is that a defense? Or an excuse?

Side question: In your Kelly link he says that Phillips lied to the HSCA and that they were preparing to indict him for perjury. Is this the Tanenbaum issue about the tapes in MC being delivered? Phillips said they were erased and no tapes were delivered. Tanenbaum quotes that mistaken Hoover memo (he got from Mark Lane) saying they were. Thus the perjury allegation.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:15:33 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2022, 07:57:55 PM »
I've always thought of Fonzi of being essentially a honest but misguided person determined to capture his white whale ("Let faith oust fact; let fancy oust memory; I look deep down and do believe") but this is pretty damning.

They so much believe in their cause that they lose all bearing.  Is that a defense? Or an excuse?

Side question: In your Kelly link he says that Phillips lied to the HSCA and that they were preparing to indict him for perjury. Is this the Tanenbaum issue about the tapes in MC being delivered? Phillips said they were erased and no tapes were delivered. Tanenbaum quotes that mistaken Hoover memo (he got from Mark Lane) saying they were. Thus the perjury allegation.

Other than the Phillips-Veciana confrontation, which was Fonzi's word against Phillips, I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what anyone thinks Phillips lied about. He was mistaken about some of his actions in Mexico City (that is coming in Chapter 26), that is true. But the purpose of his second testimony was to clarify those issues. I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that if someone testifies and clears up a matter from a previous testimony that is not perjury. They just don't like Phillips so it has always been a fantasy that he should have been charged.

The other thing is there has to be intent. That is the person has to know that they are giving false information. I think that would have been hard to prove in the case of Phillips. Others may disagree.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »
Other than the Phillips-Veciana confrontation, which was Fonzi's word against Phillips, I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what anyone thinks Phillips lied about. He was mistaken about some of his actions in Mexico City (that is coming in Chapter 26), that is true. But the purpose of his second testimony was to clarify those issues. I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that if someone testifies and clears up a matter from a previous testimony that is not perjury. They just don't like Phillips so it has always been a fantasy that he should have been charged.

The other thing is there has to be intent. That is the person has to know that they are giving false information. I think that would have been hard to prove in the case of Phillips. Others may disagree.
The Landau book on the Letelier assassination can be downloaded and/or read online here:
https://ia801803.us.archive.org/16/items/assassination-on-embassy-row/Assassination%20on%20Embassy%20Row.pdf

I don't see anyone resembling Phillips. But that's pretty very meaningless. I would think that after Phillips died in 1988 that Landau could have alleged, implicitly if not explicitly, that Phillips was one of the people involved in disseminating those claims about Letelier and his relations with Cuba and the Eastern Bloc nations.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:14:11 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2022, 07:22:09 PM »
The Landau book on the Letelier assassination can be downloaded and/or read online here:
https://ia801803.us.archive.org/16/items/assassination-on-embassy-row/Assassination%20on%20Embassy%20Row.pdf

I don't see anyone resembling Phillips. But that's pretty very meaningless. I would think that after Phillips died in 1988 that Landau could have alleged, implicitly if not explicitly, that Phillips was one of the people involved in disseminating those claims about Letelier and his relations with Cuba and the Eastern Bloc nations.

Thanks for that link. So Landau never mentioned Phillips at all in his book (i just did a quick search for his name in the PDF with nothing turning up)?

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2022, 07:44:52 PM »
Thanks for that link. So Landau never mentioned Phillips at all in his book (i just did a quick search for his name in the PDF with nothing turning up)?

Right.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2022, 07:44:52 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2022, 04:16:06 PM »
Chapter 24 of The Bishop Hoax is now online:
https://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/p/24-i-would-have-told-them-to-go-to-hell.html

Highlights:
Phillips and Chile.
Plan Centaur.

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »
Chapter 25 of The Bishop Hoax is now online.

https://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/p/25-we-never-subordinated-ourselves-to.html

Highlights:

Jefferson Morley's claims about David Phillips and the DRE are discussed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2022, 04:29:46 PM »
Chapter 26 of The Bishop Hoax is now online:
https://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/p/26-only-on-two-occasions-did-i-think.html

Highlights:

Phillips and the "missing" Mexico City Oswald transcript.
Assertions by Jefferson Morley and others regarding Phillips and Mexico City are discussed.
The Shawn/James Phillips story is discussed.