Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: This is disturbing... and should settle all debate...  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

This is disturbing... and should settle all debate...
« on: March 09, 2022, 10:44:36 PM »
Advertisement
This is from Geraldo Rivera’s Vault of HD shows... the 1975 showing of Zapruder on Good Night America... I came across this while responding to another post in General Discussion... It comes at the end of Zapruder... just beyond the fence on the Grassy Knoll...

This should settle all debate... in my opinion...

ezgif-com-crop-56" border="0

ezgif-com-crop-55" border="0

Screen-Shot-2022-03-09-at-8-52-03-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 03:53:03 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

This is disturbing... and should settle all debate...
« on: March 09, 2022, 10:44:36 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: This is disturbing... and should settle all debate...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:20:51 PM »

We might be looking at an image of the actual assassin...

ezgif-com-crop-57" border="0

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 03:46:42 AM »
And I just found his friend who looks like he is on the other side of the fence on the Grassy Knoll…
He’s looking to the left, down at the passing limo...

Screen-Shot-2022-03-09-at-9-13-27-PM" border="0
Screen-Shot-2022-03-09-at-9-00-44-PM" border="0
Screen-Shot-2022-03-09-at-9-03-01-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 03:05:54 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 03:46:42 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 09:19:55 PM »

Yeah. :D  Ridiculous.  An assassin is going to hang around his position after he shoots the most powerful man in the world?!   This is utter nonsense.  You continue to insult peoples' intelligence with the images of nothing but blobs by expecting them to see these "assassins" that are nothing but pixels and blobs.  You use the lowest quality video you can find, just hoping someone will fall for your joke.  The copy shown on Goodnight America was one of the worst copies of the film ever.  With all the superior copies of the film out there in Internet land, you never use the clear ones.  Never.  As I said.  It's insulting. 

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 01:53:01 AM »

Yeah. :D  Ridiculous.  An assassin is going to hang around his position after he shoots the most powerful man in the world?!   This is utter nonsense.  You continue to insult peoples' intelligence with the images of nothing but blobs by expecting them to see these "assassins" that are nothing but pixels and blobs.  You use the lowest quality video you can find, just hoping someone will fall for your joke.  The copy shown on Goodnight America was one of the worst copies of the film ever.  With all the superior copies of the film out there in Internet land, you never use the clear ones.  Never.  As I said.  It's insulting.

There is certainly no intention to insult any of our members in any way. I actually make a special effort not to do that, even when members disagree with my conclusions and suggestions…

I do understand the frustration over postings with pics and photos that are not always very clear… That is the nature of the 1963 vintage films we have at hand… to the point that if we didn’t know the president was supposed to be in the limo… we might not even recognize him in some of the frames…
I will not argue my case for the images I present here… I will let them speak for themselves…
I do understand that we all have differing qualities of equipment and eyesight to view these things… and I want to be understanding of that fact… It is why I make most postings in 12 point...
But yes… the photos and pics can be challenging for some of us for various reasons…

If there were a conspiracy, it could likely have involved gun placements in various locations to supposedly, “secure the area and protect the president.” In this case, any potential shooter could feel “safe” in his uniform… and claim he was on a security detail if questioned, though staged for an assassination…
Case in point… Cabluck’s photo of bridge (below)… With a uniform… and even a rifle… there is no need to run…

Very many of my photo/film posts have come from The Lost Bullet… which contains some of the very best copies of the assassination films available…
Geraldo Rivera’s first public showing of Zapruder in 1975 used here, is a unique HD (and available even in 1440) copy of Zapruder, and would likely have been shown from a copy that had not degenerated from years of copying that characterize many we have today… So, yes… Geraldo’s Vault copy is a legit copy to examine… and I believe there are at least two figures as noted in this post, that we haven’t really noticed before…

Screen-Shot-2022-03-11-at-7-20-34-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 04:06:04 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 01:53:01 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 08:06:13 PM »
 Jake,

This is a side by side of the same Zapruder film frame, obviously from two different sources.
The one on the left is from the Geraldo.com video (Your source), the one on the right is from the National Archives copy.
  As you can see, there is a stark difference in the quality.  The NA copy is much brighter, clearer, so I ask you:
Why do you use the worst copy you can find to present your argument? 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 10:12:36 PM by Steve Barber »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 01:34:49 AM »
Jake,

This is a side by side of the same Zapruder film frame, obviously from two different sources.
The one on the left is from the Geraldo.com video (Your source), the one on the right is from the National Archives copy.
  As you can see, there is a stark difference in the quality.  The NA copy is much brighter, clearer, so I ask you:
Why do you use the worst copy you can find to present your argument?

I absolutely understand your concerns here... This is totally counter-intuitive... and I almost did not even consider investigating... But then I realized this is very high definition... I also lean toward high tech and clear copies... Over the years, I’ve looked at everything out there... They all seem to have their own peculiarities for some reason...

My thinking was that whatever the level of quality in Geraldo's rendition, it might have “escaped” some of the distortion and detail loss that comes with generations of copying... and there just might be hints of things previously unseen... that might show through...

The example below is only one of three frames that are almost identical...
The face just comes out of the shadows... I do think some quality is lost in gettting to the site here...
And I do understand pareidolia and random artifacts in film... Making distinctions sometimes requires good judgment... for sure...
I’ve been around film and 8mm for years... I've even developed film in my youth... and my father was a photographer... However, I am not a trained expert by any means...
I hope my work adds more light than "heat" to the discussion...
Regards, Jake

Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-7-54-37-PM" border="0Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-7-58-13-PM" border="0

Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-7-05-52-PM" border="0

Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-6-44-34-PM" border="0

Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-6-44-43-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 02:24:19 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 01:34:49 AM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 10:46:15 PM »

This is another example of finding things to examine closely in older versions of Zapruder... This is from 46 years ago, found in the 1976 HSCA version of Zapruder...

ezgif-com-resize-142" border="0Screen-Shot-2022-03-13-at-5-08-40-PM" border="0
ezgif-com-crop-63" border="0
ezgif-com-gif-maker-73" border="0