Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: "Kill the president will you?"  (Read 8045 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: "Kill the president will you?"
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 04:30:01 PM »
Advertisement
Thats totally your opinion but there is really nothing to base that on.
[/quote

Maybe try expressing a complete thought instead of a fragment.  Are you saying it is merely my "opinion" that there would be a reasonable basis to suspect that the person who shot Tippit was the same person who had assassinated JFK?  It is well documented that folks like Hugh Aynesworth concluded that these were related incidents when they first heard the news of a police shooting.  A reasonable conclusion based on the circumstances.  The incidents were in close proximity in place and time.  No DPD officers had been killed in years prior to Tippit's murder.  The odds of such a thing happening less than an hour later and being unrelated to the assassination were very low.  These are all documented facts and not opinions.  Members of the public certainly knew Oswald was a suspect in the assassination:

Mrs. POSTAL. That is when I really started shaking. I had never seen a live mob scene, that----
Mr. BALL. Well----
Mrs. POSTAL. They said, "What is going on?" And someone said, "Suspect," and they started in this way, just about that time I got out to the box office, back to the box office, and they stared screaming profuse language and----"Kill the so-and-so," and trying to get to him, and this and that and the officers were trying to hold on to Oswald----when I say, "Oswald," that man, because as I said, I didn't know who he was at that time and they was trying to hold him, because he was putting up a struggle, and then trying to keep the public off, and on the way to the car, parked right out front, one of the officers was----at that time I thought he was putting his hat on the man's face to try to keep the public from grabbing him by the hair, but I later read in the paper it was to cover his face and then he got him in the ear, and all bedlam, so far as the public, broke.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 04:30:01 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 11:32:28 PM »
Common sense

billchapman

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 06:41:03 AM »
It is well documented that folks like Hugh Aynesworth concluded that these were related incidents when they first heard the news of a police shooting.
If that is so well documented...post these well documented statements--produced that day [not 3 weeks or so later]
It was also documented [that day] that some Oak Cliff gas station attendant called DPD around 1:30 [just before it was announced that JFK had expired]...and reported a couple of guys in a green station wagon [I believe] with a rifle in the back seat. They gassed up and drove off like crazy he mentioned.
This was reported over the police radio-- but no... this guy that was 'funny looking' and 'suspicious' brought the entire police department practically down to the theater in 5-10 minutes time.
Funny and suspicious to me was that there was not very much police radio chatter concerning the events at the theater but shotgun patrolmen and plain clothes guys sure arrived en force for a suspected sneak in.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 06:41:03 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 03:18:20 PM »
If that is so well documented...post these well documented statements--produced that day [not 3 weeks or so later]
It was also documented [that day] that some Oak Cliff gas station attendant called DPD around 1:30 [just before it was announced that JFK had expired]...and reported a couple of guys in a green station wagon [I believe] with a rifle in the back seat. They gassed up and drove off like crazy he mentioned.
This was reported over the police radio-- but no... this guy that was 'funny looking' and 'suspicious' brought the entire police department practically down to the theater in 5-10 minutes time.
Funny and suspicious to me was that there was not very much police radio chatter concerning the events at the theater but shotgun patrolmen and plain clothes guys sure arrived en force for a suspected sneak in.

I did.  There was a mob of citizens clamoring for Oswald's blood when they brought him out of the TT because they believed he was the assassin.  Hugh Aynesworth left the TSBD when he heard the reports of a police officer shot in Oak Cliff because he suspected the two events were related.  Do you really think it took Sherlock Holmes to conclude that the assassination of the President and the murder of a police officer just a couple miles away and less than an hour later were related?  Particularly in 1963 when a DPD officer had not been murdered for years before that day.  You believe it is "suspicious" that police descended on the TT when they received a report that a man was acting strangely and had entered the theatre without buying a ticket?  Maybe on a normal day, but not on 11.22 when there had been a murder of a police officer just a short distance away (and that same person might be the assassin of the president).  The police approached a man seen running into the library in a similar manner.  Any person reported as acting oddly in the vicinity of a murder when the suspect is on the loose is a person who the police must approach as a potential suspect.   If there was ever a day to do that, it was 11.22.63.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 04:03:26 PM »
Do you really think it took Sherlock Holmes to conclude that the assassination of the President and the murder of a police officer just a couple miles away and less than an hour later were related?

Related how?

That was for the police to determine by apprehending the suspect in the Tippit murder.   For the reasons already noted, it was reasonable to assume the two events were related and that suspect in the Tippit shooting was likely the same person to have assassinated the president.  Once that person was taken into custody an investigation would be conducted to confirm that fact - which it did.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 07:01:22 PM »

billchapman

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 09:59:00 PM »
your timeline is false.

Another incomplete thought.   "Your timeline is false because... and this matters because..." 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 09:59:00 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 10:04:17 PM »
The Warren Commission couldn't make it stick so what investigation are you talking about?

I'm not sure what you are babbling about here.  We are discussing the situation at the time Oswald was arrested (i.e. did the arresting officers have cause to suspect that the person who had killed Tippit was the same person who "killed the President")  There was an obvious investigation going on at that moment into the death of JFK and Tippit.  The WC had not even been formed.