The Ukraine and U. S. Elections

Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The Ukraine and U. S. Elections  (Read 9838 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: The Ukraine and U. S. Elections
« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2022, 11:55:52 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2022, 11:55:52 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2022, 08:51:39 PM »
New U.S. Guided Rockets Strengthen Ukraine’s Hand Against Russia
Himars can reach twice as far behind enemy lines; ‘a stick in the wheel’ of Moscow’s war effort
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-u-s-guided-rockets-strengthen-ukraines-hand-against-russia-11656698614

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2022, 08:51:39 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2022, 09:53:46 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2022, 10:30:11 PM »
Pentagon: Ukraine using rocket system to hit Russian command posts

Ukrainian forces are having “a good deal of success” using a U.S.-given advanced rocket system to target Russian command posts, a senior U.S. defense official said Friday.

The Ukrainians have used the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) advanced rocket system to target the Kremlin positions in its fight for the eastern region of the country known as the Donbas. 

“Because it is such a precise, longer-range system, Ukrainians are able to carefully select targets that will undermine the effort by Russia in a more systematic way, certainly than they would be able to do with the shorter-range artillery systems,” the official told reporters.

Ukrainian forces are still in the early days of operating the HIMARS systems — four of which the U.S. has already sent to the former Soviet country and four additional it pledged late last month — as only a handful of Ukrainian troops can operate it after taking a brief training course. 

The HIMARS, which has a range of about 40 miles, has given the Ukrainians the ability to hit faraway targets with more accuracy than they have been able to prior when using shorter-ranged artillery.

“What you see is the Ukrainians are actually systematically selecting targets and then accurately hitting them, thus providing this, you know, precise method of degrading Russian capability,” the official said.

“I see them being able to continue to use this throughout Donbas.”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3544474-pentagon-ukraines-using-rocket-system-to-hit-russian-command-posts/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2022, 10:30:11 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2022, 09:20:04 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2022, 09:20:04 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2022, 10:47:20 AM »
Ukraine armed with new weapons from US

United States long-range rockets are being brought onto the Ukrainian battlefield and ABC News got a rare look at the rockets being deployed.

Watch: https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/ukraine-armed-weapons-us-86336953

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2022, 10:47:20 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2022, 02:03:04 AM »
Zelensky says Ukraine will not give up territory for peace with Russia: 'This is our land'

(CNN) - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday that Ukraine is unwilling to cede any of its land to Russia, standing firm that a concession of Ukrainian territory won't be part of any diplomatic negotiations to end the war.

"Ukrainians are not ready to give away their land, to accept that these territories belong to Russia. This is our land," Zelensky said in an exclusive interview aired Thursday on CNN's "The Situation Room."

"We always talk about that, and we are intending to prove it," he added.

Zelensky spoke to CNN at the same time as one of his top Western allies, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, announced he would be resigning. Speaking in Ukrainian via a translator, Zelensky said he was confident that Britain's policy toward Ukraine "will not be changing" even if the country's leadership is in tumult.

"He resigned not because he was in Ukraine. I think on the contrary, what Johnson has been doing for Ukraine was helping us a great deal. I consider him a friend of Ukraine, but I think his society also supported Ukraine in Europe. That's why I think the UK, it's on the side of good, on the side of Ukraine," Zelensky said.

"And I'm sure the UK policy toward Ukraine is not ... changing because of Boris Johnson's resignation. Our relations obviously gained a lot from Boris Johnson's understanding of things. We went through a lot of dramatic moments quite quickly. The help we needed was delivered rather quickly ... if (his resignation) will affect this speed of help I don't know. I will pray to God it won't be affecting that help."

Russia's war with Ukraine has now lasted for more than four months, with no sign of either side backing down soon. Ukraine's early successes forced Russia to scale back its initial aims of toppling Kyiv, and Moscow's forces have now focused on taking territory in eastern Ukraine. Russian forces have now occupied most of the Luhansk region, outside of a few pockets of resistance, and are pressing toward cities in Donetsk.

CNN reported last week that White House officials are losing confidence Ukraine will ever be able to take back all of the land it has lost to Russia since the war began, even with the aid of heavier and more sophisticated weaponry that the US and its allies plan to provide Kyiv.

Zelensky acknowledged that Russia controls "almost all the Luhansk region," saying that his forces are now "fighting on the outskirts of this region." He said that Kyiv retreated to avoid mass losses of troops.

"I don't even understand what exactly they're controlling there. They ruined towns, school. They are the occupiers of the rubble?" Zelensky said.

Zelensky said that he was happy that Sweden and Finland were being accepted as NATO members, even though the Western military alliance has long resisted accepting Ukraine as a member.

"It's not superficial, but deep understanding of the risks for these countries because of the aggressive attitude of Russia to sovereign countries," Zelensky said. "That's why we fully support their membership. The whole world is helping Ukraine, some doing humanitarian aid, some financial or military aid, both houses in the United States support us.

"The world is doing a lot, but it could have been easier -- Ukraine could have been accepted as a NATO member. It would be much more straightforward than people imagine."

Still, Zelensky expressed gratitude for the military support that Ukraine has received from the United States, which has provided weapons with greater capability as the war has dragged on, while urging the West to continue providing military support to help Ukraine keep up its fight.

"(The) United States are helping Ukraine, helping a lot, but it's not enough in order to win. I hope my trust will speed up this help to Ukraine," Zelensky said. "We want the increment of this help -- we're fighting for our land, we don't want people from different countries fight for our territory. But the US are a world economy and can help us with both arms and finances.

"And also, the US can influence the decisions of the European countries -- this is also the political support. I have to be honest, some countries in Europe want a balance between Russia and Ukraine. But owing to the US help they started supporting us. So, when I talk about the volume and speed of the arms support, I'm not appealing only (to) the United States, I appeal to all the world leaders and saying that the faster help, the increment of help, will save the lives of Ukrainians and help us to regain territories occupied by Russia."

Asked whether the war could be over before the end of the year, Zelensky said, "Our country will stay united and unified. If the powerful weaponry from our partners will be coming to us on-time, and if good luck and God will be on our side, we can achieve a lot of things before the end of the year and we can stop this war. We can stop the military part, at least, of this war."

Zelensky also reiterated his call for US President Joe Biden to visit Kyiv, saying it would send a message to Russia and the world.

"We would love to see President Biden in Ukraine. I heard that he supported the idea. There are some security moments, which stand in the way of his visit, we understand that," Zelensky said. "I truly think this would help the Ukrainians. Ukrainians support (the) United States, the trust of the Ukrainians to the United States is very high, same as to the UK and Poland and the Baltic states.

"So, visits of the world leaders who are not just partners but real friends -- they give a signal, a sign, that the United States support Ukraine because they believe in Ukrainian victory and are not afraid of Russia. They come despite the rockets flying in. They are not afraid of Putin because the world is much bigger than one leader of one country."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/07/politics/volodymyr-zelensky-interview-cnntv/index.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2022, 02:03:04 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2022, 11:45:25 PM »
Zelenskiy sacks Ukraine's envoy to Germany, other ambassadors
https://news.yahoo.com/zelenskiy-sacks-ukraines-envoy-germany-154803643.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2022, 11:45:25 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2022, 02:42:37 PM »
Zelensky vows ‘punishment’ for Russian commanders, forces after missile strike at apartment building

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is pledging that “punishment is inevitable” for the Russians responsible for a strike on a residential building that killed at least 30, saying those involved “will all be found.”

The strike took out two high-rise apartment buildings in the Donetsk region, and a rescue operation has so far only been able to save six of the dozens of Ukrainians trapped in the rubble, Zelensky said in his nightly address to Ukrainians on Sunday amid the months-long war.

“You know, Nazi murderers are found and brought to justice even when they are 90 or 100 years old. They are caught all over the world. Of course, we don’t want to wait that long. But I give this example to show that punishment is inevitable for every Russian murderer.”

When that happens, Zelensky said, Russians shouldn’t expect to turn to their government for backing.

“Russia will be the first to abandon them when political circumstances change,” he said.

Zelensky’s message comes as Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a new passport decree expanding a fast track to Russian citizenship for Ukrainians. He’s also introduced the Russian ruble as currency in occupied areas, part of ongoing moves to delegitimize Ukraine.

Attacks in Ukraine’s east, such as the one in the Donetsk region this weekend, underscore the challenges as Zelensky presses Ukraine toward reconstruction.

He returned from a conference in Lugano, Switzerland, last week with a $750 billion recovery plan and the Lugano Declaration, a document calling for increased government transparency and a crackdown on corruption in order to facilitate postwar recovery.

“We have to hold on, we have to fight together on all fronts now — on the political, information and economic fronts, without showing weakness anywhere,” Zelensky said Sunday.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3553563-zelensky-vows-punishment-for-russian-commanders-forces-after-missile-strike-at-apartment-building/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2022, 02:42:37 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2022, 04:33:59 PM »

Mobile View