Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Curious Case Of Arnold Rowland  (Read 6764 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The Curious Case Of Arnold Rowland
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 05:10:02 PM »
Advertisement
It's a waste of time going through the desperate distortions of Rowland's witness testimony LNers have to apply to try and make the almost miraculous coincidence of the man with the rifle go away. The feigned objectivity on show is a joke as there is a bottom line - LNers need Rowland to go away. His testimony completely undermines the established narrative to such an extent it would completely unravel. That is the light in which the last posts must be viewed.
But there is a potentially a way to resolve the issue - from my perspective at least. Unlike the LNers on display, I actually want to know what really happened that day and am willing to have my working hypothesis tested in such a way I believe it will resolve the issue of Rowland's witness testimony.
Unfortunately, the test I have in mind is way beyond my skill-set and I would call on those with the requisite 3D modelling skills to undertake this challenge if willing.

It is my opinion the man with the rifle is Jack Dougherty.
On his draft card it states Dougherty is 6 feet, one and a half inches in height at the age of 18.
For argument's sake, let's say Dougherty is 6' 2" at the time of the assassination.
In his testimony Rowland states that the sun "hit him [the man with the rifle] about from the shoulders down".

Using 3D modelling, the test is as follows:
At 12:15 pm the sun is slanting through the south-west window of the 6th floor of the TSBD at a specific angle.
How far back from the window would a man of 6' 2" be stood when the sun was "from the shoulders down"?
More importantly, what would Rowland be seeing from his location through the open window (assuming the man is placed in such a position that he is in Rowland's LoS)?

If this situation can be successfully modeled it would throw light on some very important issues regarding Rowland's testimony, the LN narrative and, less importantly, my own opinions.
I acknowledge it is an imposition on other forum members to undertake this task but, as I say, it is way beyond my own ability.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 05:10:02 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 05:24:20 PM »
It's a waste of time going through the desperate distortions of Rowland's witness testimony LNers have to apply to try and make the almost miraculous coincidence of the man with the rifle go away. The feigned objectivity on show is a joke as there is a bottom line - LNers need Rowland to go away. His testimony completely undermines the established narrative to such an extent it would completely unravel. That is the light in which the last posts must be viewed.
But there is a potentially a way to resolve the issue - from my perspective at least. Unlike the LNers on display, I actually want to know what really happened that day and am willing to have my working hypothesis tested in such a way I believe it will resolve the issue of Rowland's witness testimony.
Unfortunately, the test I have in mind is way beyond my skill-set and I would call on those with the requisite 3D modelling skills to undertake this challenge if willing.

Specter made Rowland's testimony go away by keeping him talking and asking him questions. Rowland did the rest. BRW did not see a soul there. No one. He was as close as you were going to get. Rowland's testimony just proved BRW was correct.

On his draft card it states Dougherty is 6 feet, one and a half inches in height at the age of 18.
For argument's sake, let's say Dougherty is 6' 2" at the time of the assassination.
In his testimony Rowland states that the sun "hit him [the man with the rifle] about from the shoulders down".

At 12:15 pm the sun is slanting through the south-west window of the 6th floor of the TSBD at a specific angle.
How far back from the window would a man of 6' 2" be stood when the sun was "from the shoulders down"?
More importantly, what would Rowland be seeing from his location through the open window (assuming the man is placed in such a position that he is in Rowland's LoS)?

If this situation can be successfully modeled it would throw light on some very important issues regarding Rowland's testimony, the LN narrative and, less importantly, my own opinions.
I acknowledge it is an imposition on other forum members to undertake this task but, as I say, it is way beyond my own ability.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »

Using the 3D model from the SketchUp Warehouse, I did this analysis.

This is a 5' 9" tall model, so a 6' 2" model would have to standing even further back if we were to see the top of his head. A model standing about three from the window would receive sunlight but he would be visible from below the chin to the top of the legs.

"Unlike the LNers on display, I actually want to know what really happened that day" LOL!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 09:52:24 PM »
To begin with, Rowland wasn't "mercilessly grilled." He was questioned with about the same intensity as any of the other witnesses.
How would you know?  By your own admission, you haven't even read the testimony of the witnesses.
Initially, I didn't have an issue with what Rowland said. Then again, I was relying on the story second hand, only taking in what different authors had to say on the matter. Then I actually bothered to read Rowland's testimony. On his own, he raised a number of red flags. His claims: to have super human vision 
You mean after 60 years you just now got around to reading the Warren Report? And where did Rowland claim to have 'super human' vision? You red flag gaslighter with your second hand copy of 'Case Closed' you :D
Mr. SPECTER - What is the condition of your eyesight?
Mr. ROWLAND - Very good.
Mr. SPECTER - Do you wear glasses at any time?
Mr. ROWLAND - No.
Mr. SPECTER - When, most recently, have you had an eye test, if at all?
Mr. ROWLAND - About 7 months ago.
Mr. SPECTER - And you know the results of that test?
Mr. ROWLAND - Very good vision.
Mr. SPECTER - Do you know what classification the doctor placed on it?
Mr. ROWLAND - No: I don't remember it.
Mr. SPECTER - Do you recollect if it was 2020?
Mr. ROWLAND - He said it was much better than that.
Mr. SPECTER - And what doctor examined your eyes?
Mr. ROWLAND - This was the firm of doctors Finn and Finn.
Mr. SPECTER - F-i-n-n and F-i-n-n?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - Where are they located?
Mr. ROWLAND - The Fidelity Union Life Building in Dallas.
Mr. SPECTER - Approximately how long ago was that examination?
Mr. ROWLAND - About 6 months.
And what was the doctor's nurse's name? How old was the doctor? How long was he in practice.......????? I can gaslight too.
What other witness were so grilled about their vision?
Rick Plant thinks we are all blind [by the size of his link] so I will reduce it for him.

I see that Mr Organ has gone back in his time machine to visually recreate everything for us.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 10:04:30 PM »
To begin with, Rowland wasn't "mercilessly grilled." He was questioned with about the same intensity as any of the other witnesses.

Bull.  I don't recall them questioning Howard Brennan's wife about his reliability or pulling his school records.  Or challenging anything he said during his testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 10:04:30 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 10:10:32 PM »
And there are still the issues with Rowland moving the gunman, adding the "elderly negro" late in the game, and the impossible 18" gap between the man's head and the bottom of the window sill.

And yet none of this same skepticism applied to Brennan seeing a man in firing position for the head shot "from the belt up".

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2022, 12:20:50 AM »

Dan, here is my 3D model analysis. Since I don’t know which window of the pair Rowland’s man was supposed to stand I made a clone of the 6’2” man 3 feet east (DZ) for comparison. The solar time was set to 12:15. The simulation starts with the man outside the building to show that his feet are at floor level. It appears to me that the man could only be 1.5-2.5 feet north (DX) of the window when his head is sunlit shadowed to the shoulders. The man would have a pretty good view of the plaza from that short distance from the window.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 04:45:27 AM by James Hackerott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2022, 12:20:50 AM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2022, 12:53:49 AM »
Married in high school? That must've been a thing back then.