Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Interpreting photos and optical illusions  (Read 4384 times)

Online Charles Collins

Interpreting photos and optical illusions
« on: February 11, 2022, 05:41:06 PM »
Advertisement
Here’s an interesting video showing some of the ways we can be tricked into believing certain aspects of the photos we see (including some of the assassination photos). But what we may actually be seeing could be an illusion:

JFK Assassination Forum

Interpreting photos and optical illusions
« on: February 11, 2022, 05:41:06 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Interpreting photos and optical illusions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 07:23:20 PM »
Here’s an interesting video showing some of the ways we can be tricked into believing certain aspects of the photos we see (including some of the assassination photos). But what we may actually be seeing could be an illusion:

The bit with the three parked cars is truly mind-bending.
Even when I know what's happening I still can't see past the illusion.
 Thumb1:

Offline Brian Roselle

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 03:50:11 PM »
That was really good. An interesting perspective on how the eyes can be fooled.

I saw another one of these type things awhile back called the "McGurk" Effect, where the ears can be fooled.

Basically the brain can try to interpolates perceptions to try to make sense of what you are experiencing. But in this one its hearing perception that changes based on visual cues, and sight can override what you think you heard.

This video has a simple example of this effect.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 03:50:11 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 07:16:20 PM »
That was really good. An interesting perspective on how the eyes can be fooled.

I saw another one of these type things awhile back called the "McGurk" Effect, where the ears can be fooled.

Basically the brain can try to interpolates perceptions to try to make sense of what you are experiencing. But in this one its hearing perception that changes based on visual cues, and sight can override what you think you heard.

This video has a simple example of this effect.

Interesting, combine that illusion with the acoustics of confusing supersonic bullet sonic blasts/muzzle blasts/bullet impact sounds witnessed from various locations and combined with the visuals, it is no wonder that there are a lot of conflicting accounts of the shots in the JFK assassination.