Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Are these two photos legit?  (Read 16649 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Are these two photos legit?
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2022, 04:42:16 PM »
Advertisement
The table shows the sun position from 12:20-12:40. Azimuth changes almost 6 degrees over this short time span, while altitude changes very little. The animation simulates a view similar to Powell’s view. There is no noticeable change in the window shadow over this time period. I don’t know why there is an apparent difference between Dillard and Powell, but it is not due to sun position the best I can tell.

I don’t know why there is an apparent difference between Dillard and Powell, but it is not due to sun position the best I can tell.

James, is it possible that BRW was cropped from a Dillard photo and then added to the Powell photo... And in the process the person who altered the Powell photo cut some of the white off the bottom of the window above BRW's head and therefore the white strip is narrower.  The decorative cornice above and east of the window where BRW is seen, is casting a shadow onto the face of the TSBD.

I've tried for years to determine the precise spot for that shadow on the face of the TSBD.  I'm 99% certain that it falls on the fifth row of bricks below the sixth floor window ledge in the Dillard photo ...But I can't determine where that shadow is striking the building in the Powell photo.

In the Dillard  photo the point of the shadow from the cornice, appears to strike the building on a vertical line about one brick west of a vertical line drawn between the east side of the 5th and sixth floor windows.   ....but the Powell photo isn't clear enough to locate where that shadow falls.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2022, 04:42:16 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2022, 04:55:32 PM »
That BRW is pretty much in the same position in both photos strongly indicates the pics were taken seconds apart and not minutes apart.

"That BRW is pretty much in the same position in both photos "

Doesn't this seem odd to you?   Is it possible that BRW was added to the Powell  photo?   The shadows indicate that the Powell and Dillard photo were taken minutes a part.....The sun doesn't lie.... But men do.

Well, we know you lie. In this case, you're continuing to cherry-pick and use (even after it's been pointed out to you) the light-infused fuzzy version of the Powell photo to make your false claim the Powell photo shows the sunlit portion of the window frame above BRW significantly larger. Anything goes if it's in-service of your wider fantasy of a LBJ/Hoover assassination coup.

Years ago, I thought there might be a detectable change in the shadow on the fire escape (Powell photo on bottom).

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2022, 05:06:40 PM »
Well, we know you lie. In this case, you're continuing to cherry-pick and use (even after it's been pointed out to you) the light-infused fuzzy version of the Powell photo to make your false claim the Powell photo shows the sunlit portion of the window frame above BRW significantly larger. Anything goes if it's in-service of your wider fantasy of a LBJ/Hoover assassination coup.

Years ago, I thought there might be a detectable change in the shadow on the fire escape (Powell photo on bottom).

I thought there might be a detectable change in the shadow on the fire escape

You thought right.....Using the fire escape support brace as a reference point ....The shadow from the roof edge falls about 2 feet below the support brace on the fire escape in the Powell photo ....    And that shadow strikes the fire escape about 18 inches below that support brace in the Dillard photo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2022, 05:06:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2022, 05:28:46 PM »

[ quote]

Well, we know you lie.

I do not lie about anything in this case...  I believe that lying is self defeating.    If I lie about some aspect of this case just to satisfy my ego and I convince someone that the lie is the truth...then that person may form a distorted picture that warps the true picture.

I'm sure that I have made mistakes and formed distorted images of the case.... But I do not lie.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2022, 06:45:19 PM »
This is an extreme close-up of the SN window in the Powell picture.
I was trying to make sense of the way the boxes that form the Sniper's Nest are arranged. Initially I thought there were two stacks of boxes to the east of the tall stack but now I think there are three stacks.
This means that by the time the Crime Lab came to take it's pictures, the two most easterly stacks of the SN had been removed. The crime scene was basically dismantled before the Crime Lab got to work.
While studying the picture I became confused by the dark area circled. It appears to be an object between the wall of boxes and the camera lens.
Walt has already put forward it is a rifle but it would be good to hear other thoughts:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 07:01:18 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2022, 06:45:19 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2022, 07:16:59 PM »
Also confusing is the dark "object" picked out by the yellow arrow.
The green line represents the top of the window sill, but the "object" appears to be partially in front of the sill. I imagine it's some kind of artifact in the picture itself produced by using various filters.
It is confusing though.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2022, 09:08:51 PM »

The non-glare Powell photo shows more-defined shapes. You can see the box on the window sill has a small amount of its corner visible in the open window. Boxes behind the window sill are in the stack that was two feet back from the interior wall.

My model doesn't have the back stack exact. I have no real measurements.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2022, 09:08:51 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2022, 09:01:35 AM »

The non-glare Powell photo shows more-defined shapes. You can see the box on the window sill has a small amount of its corner visible in the open window. Boxes behind the window sill are in the stack that was two feet back from the interior wall.

My model doesn't have the back stack exact. I have no real measurements.

Thank you Jerry, I think I get it now:

The dark patch is just the side of the top box in shadow. The top box is sat on a box that juts out, the same side of which is also in shadow.
The small, light triangular area is the corner of the tilted box on the ledge.
All innocent enough.