Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Are these two photos legit?  (Read 16367 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Are these two photos legit?
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 03:20:03 AM »
Advertisement
Is there any photo evidence of the actual “sniper nest setup” from the inside of the 6th floor after 12:30pm, November 22, 1963?
Did the Warren Commission have any photos used in their investigation/documentation of this setup?

Here’s a post that James Hackerott made a short while ago that includes an image from the film that Alyea made shortly after the assassination. You can see that the boxes are in the sunlight and are set back from the windows. This proves beyond any doubt whatsoever that the congressional report is nonsense.
Thanks Charles! You are too fast for me. I’m wanting to pin down the time as close as possible for Alyea’s SN film of the rest boxs. Here are a few gifs and another “time-lapse” taken before Alyea’s SN.

First is a time-lapse of two detectives, I’m not sure which ones. Note the light and shadow hitting the west face of the book stack center frame.  The kneeling detective seems to hold a rifle (it looks slightly curved because it was moving during the exposures) just to the left of the History Channel logo. The standing detective is in motion during this image and is blurred as expected in the time-lapse. Anyway, that shadow pattern in helpful for timing and positioning, but in Alyea’s film of the gun rest boxes sunshine no longer hits the west face. As the animation progresses notice the development of light and shadow on the vertical brickwork of the window well at the north edge. In the Alyea rest box time-lapse that shadow pattern is just noticeable. I think this may be the best indicator of the time, but is difficult to simulate due to my modeling errors of the window parts. 

Another problem I’ve had is using the window opening of 17”, which I believe Jerry has posted in the past. The problem appears with the shadow that hits the northern corner of the window box, and is barely observable in the Alyea footage. At 17” the shadow is too large and I need at least 18-18.5” to match Alyea. Probably errors in my window construction.

Your rendering looks pretty good. As for the light/shadow hitting that book stack that upper shadow is due to the horizontal window muntin. Would you try to narrow the time interval where the shadow first hits that book stack’s west face, as well as the time the face is in total shadow? In my sims the shadow hits the top right edge a few minutes before the bottom edge.

Also the time you first see light hitting the window vertical bricks will be helpful. 

Your window box looks to be positioned pretty good. Would you increase the open window height until the box top only shows a small shadow on the northern corner?

If you would rather exchange info by email just let me know by pm.

And Thank you for your help!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 03:20:03 AM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 04:01:07 AM »

The “single” box on the left that appears to be close to the window opening in Dillard still looks “disturbing"...

Nonetheless... this film frame you’ve provided from Alyea is very, very convincing that the boxes were “glistening” in the sun... like they are in Powell...

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 12:56:03 PM »
The “single” box on the left that appears to be close to the window opening in Dillard still looks “disturbing"...

Nonetheless... this film frame you’ve provided from Alyea is very, very convincing that the boxes were “glistening” in the sun... like they are in Powell...

The box that I think you are referring to in Dillard is the single box on top of the stack of boxes that are well inside the window. It is the same box that can be seen in the Alyea image near the standing detective’s left shoulder. It didn’t move in any of the three images. The reason it appears to have moved (relative to the window opening) in the Powell photo is due entirely to the different angles the two photos were take from. Remember that Powell was almost one-hundred feet east of Dillard’s position in the camera car.

Whoever wrote that analysis apparently didn’t fully understand the true angle of the sun or the positions of the boxes or the angles from which the two photos were taken.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 12:56:03 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 07:20:12 PM »
If you think they were right, show us. Otherwise, you are just being your usual self and contributing nothing of substance.

The substance is this:  LN evangelists will twist themselves in knots, and apply all kinds of double standards in order to cherry-pick the stuff that they think supports their narrative.  This is just one of the more transparent examples.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 07:23:56 PM »
What are you suggesting happened?  That fantasy conspirators rushed into action in the moments after the assassination to move around some boxes then made their escape down the bat pole to the bat cave?

The suggestion is pretty obvious when you're not Strawman "Smith".  If somebody was up there moving boxes within seconds of the shooting when the Narrative has Lee high-tailing it over to the staircase and down the stairs, then the LN fantasy story goes up in smoke.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 07:23:56 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 08:10:35 PM »
The substance is this:  LN evangelists will twist themselves in knots, and apply all kinds of double standards in order to cherry-pick the stuff that they think supports their narrative.  This is just one of the more transparent examples.

What the heck are you trying to say? This is an example of someone who doesn’t have a clue trying to make the other clueless people think that someone moved some boxes. Now, again, if you think otherwise, show us.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2022, 08:23:27 PM »
Rich, ain't it?

CT Fruitcake Claim    What the Govt. panel or LNer Actually Did

The Govt. or MIC, etc. supresses all evidence
that might work in Oswald's favor
  The HSCA believed in 1978 there was rearrangement
of boxes in Dillard/Powell, and published it.

LNers believe everything the Govt. and agencies say  Using science, 3D, etc., LNers reject the 1978 HSCA claim of box-shifting

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2022, 08:23:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2022, 08:53:26 PM »
Rich, ain't it?

CT Fruitcake Claim    What the Govt. panel or LNer Actually Did

The Govt. or MIC, etc. supresses all evidence
that might work in Oswald's favor
  The HSCA believed in 1978 there was rearrangement
of boxes in Dillard/Powell, and published it.

LNers believe everything the Govt. and agencies say  Using science, 3D, etc., LNers reject the 1978 HSCA claim of box-shifting

It should be obvious to anyone that Blakey and some of his recruits in the HSCA had an agenda to attempt to implicate the mob in the assassination. Look at what they came up with (acoustics sham, etc). When their sham was shown to be a sham it made them look rather silly. If the HSCA photographic experts really did claim the boxes were moved in the time between these photos, they look even sillier than the acoustics experts who said there was a 95% chance of a grassy knoll shooter based on the audio tapes.  ::) ???

And the silliest of all was Blakey and those in the committee who agreed with him. Thankfully, there were some who disagreed and published their dissent as part of the report….  8)