Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Cracked windshield and ballistics experts...  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Cracked windshield and ballistics experts...
« on: January 29, 2022, 03:50:33 AM »
Advertisement

It would seem that ballistic experts could determine fairly conclusively if the windshield damage came from the front or the rear of Kennedy's limo...
It would also seem that this could be demonstrated in some fashion...

Also... has anyone suggested that someone was trying to kill SS agent Greer?

Screen-Shot-2022-01-28-at-9-25-06-PM" border="0

JFK Assassination Forum

Cracked windshield and ballistics experts...
« on: January 29, 2022, 03:50:33 AM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: Cracked windshield and ballistics experts...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 04:28:37 AM »

Same here...
I think a Safelite repair professional would have a good answer for us!

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 07:52:33 AM »
The limo's windshield actually consisted of two sheets of glass molded together to form one (an outer windshield and an inner windshield, so to speak).

Robert Frazier (FBI) inspected the windshield when the limo was back at the White House down in the White House basement.  He testified that all of the damage was to the inner windshield.  There were tiny pieces of lead on the inner windshield.  The outer windshield was undamaged.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 07:52:33 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 01:19:15 PM »
FBI agent James Hosty was called to testify in Washington DC to the Warren Commission. I found this passage from his book “Assignment Oswald” to be interesting:

I walked in and looked around. It looked like a typical conference room, one you would find in any prestigious law firm, nicely furnished, and against two walls were stacks of what looked like law books. Another wall was almost entirely windowed. I didn’t notice the view. In the middle of the room was a long conference table. At the far end was a large executive-type desk, and sitting on it was the windshield from President Kennedy’s limousine. The day before, Stern had shown this windshield to Belmont, Fain, Quigley, and me. We could see pock-marks on the inside of the windshield. Stern explained that forensic experts had determined that the pockmarks were consistent with highspeed bullet fragments hitting it. On the floorboard just beneath these pockmarks, bullet fragments had been recovered. These fragments were determined to be consistent with the headshot Kennedy had suffered. I shivered when I looked at the windshield.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 01:30:05 PM »
FBI agent James Hosty was called to testify in Washington DC to the Warren Commission. I found this passage from his book “Assignment Oswald” to be interesting:

I walked in and looked around. It looked like a typical conference room, one you would find in any prestigious law firm, nicely furnished, and against two walls were stacks of what looked like law books. Another wall was almost entirely windowed. I didn’t notice the view. In the middle of the room was a long conference table. At the far end was a large executive-type desk, and sitting on it was the windshield from President Kennedy’s limousine. The day before, Stern had shown this windshield to Belmont, Fain, Quigley, and me. We could see pock-marks on the inside of the windshield. Stern explained that forensic experts had determined that the pockmarks were consistent with highspeed bullet fragments hitting it. On the floorboard just beneath these pockmarks, bullet fragments had been recovered. These fragments were determined to be consistent with the headshot Kennedy had suffered. I shivered when I looked at the windshield.

This ties in with Kellerman's observation that a "flurry of shells come into the car" at the moment of the headshot and in the Z-Film we see both Kellerman and Greer ducking at the same moment. The "flurry of shells" being the fragments of bullet hitting the windshield and the chrome trim above it:

"There was enough for me to verify that the man was hit. So, in the same motion I come right back and grabbed the speaker and said to the driver, "Let's get out of here; we are hit," and grabbed the mike and I said, "Lawson, this is Kellerman,"--this is Lawson, who is in the front car. "We are hit; get us to the hospital immediately." Now, in the seconds that I talked just now, a flurry of shells come into the car. I then looked back and this time Mr. Hill, who was riding on the left front bumper of our followup car, was on the back trunk of that car; the President was sideways down into. the back seat."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 01:30:05 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »
This ties in with Kellerman's observation that a "flurry of shells come into the car" at the moment of the headshot and in the Z-Film we see both Kellerman and Greer ducking at the same moment. The "flurry of shells" being the fragments of bullet hitting the windshield and the chrome trim above it:

"There was enough for me to verify that the man was hit. So, in the same motion I come right back and grabbed the speaker and said to the driver, "Let's get out of here; we are hit," and grabbed the mike and I said, "Lawson, this is Kellerman,"--this is Lawson, who is in the front car. "We are hit; get us to the hospital immediately." Now, in the seconds that I talked just now, a flurry of shells come into the car. I then looked back and this time Mr. Hill, who was riding on the left front bumper of our followup car, was on the back trunk of that car; the President was sideways down into. the back seat."

When does Kellerman tell Greer, “Let’s get out of here; we are hit?"
Before or after the headshot?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:27:07 PM by Jake Maxwell »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 06:29:32 PM »

It appears to me that he says that the headshot occurred during the time he was saying that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 06:29:32 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 06:32:36 PM »

If you read Kellerman's testimony he states that he had turned and seen that JFK was hit, he then turned back, "grabbed the mike" and started talking into it. As he was talking the "flurry of shells" came into the car. I get the impression (and it's only an opinion) that Kellerman said "Let's get out of here" just before the headshot (just before the "flurry").