Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Joe Rogan interviews Oliver Stone  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Joe Rogan interviews Oliver Stone
« on: January 06, 2022, 09:16:07 PM »
Advertisement
This was a very good and informative interview. Stone admits that he over-dramatized a bit too much in his 1991 film JFK.

Full interview here - https://open.spotify.com/episode/6wKuzs0IJDUEHk4t2MiLAT

JFK Assassination Forum

Joe Rogan interviews Oliver Stone
« on: January 06, 2022, 09:16:07 PM »

Online Robert Reeves

Re: Joe Rogan interviews Oliver Stone
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 11:52:10 PM »
Oliver Stone seemed a little bit scatty throughout the interview. I respect Oliver Stone a lot. I do think he should have had someone else with him to remind him of the names (at times) that he was desperately trying to remember. Also someone was needed to interject more important details that Oliver may have missed. That being said, I think Oliver Stone is definitely one of the most heroic people in retardville (Hollywood). The guy also put his life on the line for Uncle Sam in Vietnam. Volunteered infantry combat. I think he has the right to tackle this issue however he chooses to.

He thought the assassination of JFK was legit for many years. He wasn't paying attention to the lone shooter issues. I believe I am right in saying it was after watching the Zapruder film that he changed his mind and was devastated to think he might have been duped. And also learning in later years the truth of the Gulf of Tonkin incident, that added further to his resolve in finding the truth about who killed JFK. This is why he is bringing the debate to the masses.

These Lone Shooter VS. Conspiracy arguments are actually no different to the Trump VS. Biden, the Dems VS. Reps, Tory VS. Labour Party, Conservative VS. Liberals. The conservatives always lament at the lack of creativity and strong messaging for their points of views. They look enviously over at the Dems/Liberals and see plethora of artistic talent willing to help them make a strong messaging. Which is kind of interesting. I wonder ... If these documentaries, and I would now imagine, further JFK themed movies start appearing -- will the discussions of now about the JFK assassination really break down the doors of secrecy. We could get into the true truths?

I think the potential messaging heavyweights are on the 'Conspiracists', or as I like 'Truthseekers' side.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 11:53:40 PM by Robert Reeves »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »
Oliver Stone seemed a little bit scatty throughout the interview. I respect Oliver Stone a lot. I do think he should have had someone else with him to remind him of the names (at times) that he was desperately trying to remember. Also someone was needed to interject more important details that Oliver may have missed.

I agree. Stone isn’t an expert on history. He usually has consultants or advisors who help with the history stuff for his films. Jim DiEugenio wrote JFK Revisited. I don’t know why DiEugenio hasn’t been included in any of the recent interviews related to the new film.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »