Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Conclusions or assumptions  (Read 7948 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Conclusions or assumptions
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 07:47:54 PM »
Advertisement
After shooting at Walker, Oswald left with the rifle. After shooting at Kennedy, the option to quietly leave with the rifle was no longer there. Oswald then left the building as quickly as he could; he was in flight from having committed murder.
What does that have to do with Hidell?
See the guy with the rolling eyes?----> ::) That's Mr Skeptic. 
Oswald used the name "Alek James Hidell" on identification cards which he probably produced at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall.
When the Report has no real proof of anything, the word 'probably' is used.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 07:47:54 PM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 10:14:26 PM »
That's not a LN claim I'm familiar with. After shooting at Walker, Oswald left with the rifle. After shooting at Kennedy, the option to quietly leave with the rifle was no longer there. Oswald then left the building as quickly as he could; he was in flight from having committed murder.

One thing that has always bugged me about the Walker incident:

How did Oswald get to and back home from Walker's house carrying a rifle without being noticed by anyone? Walker's home was miles away from where Oswald lived and it's broadly assumed that Lee didn't know how to drive. Did he travel on foot? Did someone give him a ride? Did he take a rifle on a public bus without drawing attention to himself?

There are also conflicting stories about what Oswald did with the rifle immediately after the Walker shooting. I think Marina testified that Lee had buried the rifle somewhere near Walker's home and went back to retrieve it later. But that story conflicted with the DeMorenschildts testimony that they saw a rifle in the Oswald home immediately after the shooting.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 10:54:40 PM »
One thing that has always bugged me about the Walker incident:

How did Oswald get to and back home from Walker's house carrying a rifle without being noticed by anyone? Walker's home was miles away from where Oswald lived and it's broadly assumed that Lee didn't know how to drive. Did he travel on foot? Did someone give him a ride? Did he take a rifle on a public bus without drawing attention to himself?

Wouldn't be that unusual in Texas to see a rifle being carried in a non-threatening or disassembled fashion on a bus. Could be the rifle was wrapped in the old raincoat he used to bury the rifle. Folks could assume he was transporting the rifle to go hunting or to get to friend's house so they could go hunting the following morning. Could be Oswald used a cab (he would spend money for his own needs while his children went hungry and shoeless, and his wife's teeth rotted).

There are also conflicting stories about what Oswald did with the rifle immediately after the Walker shooting. I think Marina testified that Lee had buried the rifle somewhere near Walker's home and went back to retrieve it later. But that story conflicted with the DeMorenschildts testimony that they saw a rifle in the Oswald home immediately after the shooting.

April 10: Attempt on Walker's life.
April 12: Retrieve rifle and take to home.
April 13: Jeanne De Mohrenschildt is shown the apartment by Marina and sees the rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 10:54:40 PM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 11:05:49 PM »
Wouldn't be that unusual in Texas to see a rifle being carried in a non-threatening or disassembled fashion on a bus. Could be the rifle was wrapped in the old raincoat he used to bury the rifle. Folks could assume he was transporting the rifle to go hunting or to get to friend's house so they could go hunting the following morning. Could be Oswald used a cab (he would spend money for his own needs while his children went hungry and shoeless, and his wife's teeth rotted).

That's 100% speculation on your part. Those who are sure that Oswald shot at Walker can never offer a coherent explanation of how he traveled to Walker's home with a rifle unnoticed.

And that's why it remains a big question mark for me even though I admit that there's more evidence of motive for Oswald in the Walker incident than the Kennedy assassination...

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 11:06:45 PM »
What does that have to do with Hidell?

Your dumb question went: "So----Oswald used the Hidell name so that there would be absolutely no way to trace that order to him". I said no LNer ever claimed Oswald would think the rifle was untraceable, and that he left the Walker shooting with the rifle, rather than abandon it there.

See the guy with the rolling eyes?----> ::) That's Mr Skeptic.

So you have got a fat round face, suffer jaundice and can't focus your eyes. Perfect icon for you.   :D

When the Report has no real proof of anything, the word 'probably' is used.

What's wrong with the honest use of "probably" when something isn't known for sure? You expect motion picture quality film as proof, or to use time travel to verify it yourself?

How else would the Hidell papers get on his person? See how well your "probabilities" hold up.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 11:06:45 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 11:11:08 PM »
That's 100% speculation on your part. Those who are sure that Oswald shot at Walker can never offer a coherent explanation of how he traveled to Walker's home with a rifle unnoticed.

You're holding our for some motion picture film of Oswald transporting the rifle? Imagine trying hardened criminals and the defense saying the prosecution first have to prove with motion picture film the defendants traveling to and arriving at the crime scene.

And that's why it remains a big question mark for me even though I admit that there's more evidence of motive for Oswald in the Walker incident than the Kennedy assassination...

If you're ever on a jury, tell them the extraordinary level of proof you expect, and they'll send you home.

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 12:56:12 AM »
You're holding our for some motion picture film of Oswald transporting the rifle? Imagine trying hardened criminals and the defense saying the prosecution first have to prove with motion picture film the defendants traveling to and arriving at the crime scene.

If you're ever on a jury, tell them the extraordinary level of proof you expect, and they'll send you home.

Part of establishing a case against a suspect involves presenting a theory of how the suspect might've did it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 12:56:12 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 01:23:23 AM »
Your dumb question went: "So----Oswald used the Hidell name so that there would be absolutely no way to trace that order to him". I said no LNer ever claimed Oswald would think the rifle was untraceable, and that he left the Walker shooting with the rifle, rather than abandon it there.

So you have got a fat round face, suffer jaundice and can't focus your eyes. Perfect icon for you.   :D

What's wrong with the honest use of "probably" when something isn't known for sure? You expect motion picture quality film as proof, or to use time travel to verify it yourself?

How else would the Hidell papers get on his person? See how well your "probabilities" hold up.

I said no LNer ever claimed Oswald would think the rifle was untraceable, and that he left the Walker shooting with the rifle, rather than abandon it there.

So, what was his reason for using the Hidell alias when he ordered the rifle?