Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: "at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building..."  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: "at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building..."
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 10:37:11 PM »
Advertisement
It goes without saying that the 'cop' who-------on the present scenario---------came into the second-floor lunchroom before the motorcade was not Officer Baker.

But Officer Baker did dash into the building just after the shooting. In his same-day affidavit, he described catching a man walking away from the rear stairway several floors up the building.

Mr. Oswald, meanwhile, ALSO talked of being challenged by a cop at the FRONT ENTRANCE of the building.

Was the POST-ASSASSINATION lunchroom story designed to merge all these incidents into ONE incident---------------an incident compatible with the Oswald-Did-It scenario/an incident not suggestive of CONSPIRACY/an incident compatible (should the worst come to the worst) with the Oswald-Out-Front FACT?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 10:37:11 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2022, 01:45:51 AM »
From the FBI interview report of Ms. Pauline Sanders, 11/24/63:
PAULINE E. SANDERS..a Clerk, Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, advised she arrived at work at 8:45 a.m., on November 22, 1963, and immediately reported to the main office where she was employed. She said she was acquainted with LEE HARVEY OSWALD who worked in the warehouse section and she has seen him three or four times during lunch breaks in the lunch room but did not talk to him on any occasion. She said he was very quiet and she had never seen him talking to any of the other employees that she could recall. She said she would not be in a position to observe what time he arrived at work or the way he arrived.
https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/exhibits/ce1434.htm

So was this the chatterbox "Oswald" that we heard about on the bus trip to Mexico City that revealed his whole life story to total strangers?

Deputy Luke Mooney
How did you know this so super quickly Mr Ford?  Thumb1:
Mr. BALL - There are two elevators there?
Mr. MOONEY - I found that out later. I didn't know it at that time.
Mr. BALL - You took the west one, or the east one?
Mr. MOONEY - I would say it was the west elevator, the one nearest to the staircase.
Mr. BALL - Did it work with a push button?
Mr. MOONEY - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator. So I looked around their office there, just a short second or two, and then I went up the staircase myself. And I met some other officers coming down, plainclothes, and I believe they were deputy sheriffs. They were coming down the staircase. But I kept going up. And how come I get off the sixth floor, I don't know yet. But, anyway, I stopped on six, and didn't even know what floor I was on.
Mr. BALL - You were alone?
Mr. MOONEY - I was alone at that time.
Mr. BALL - Was there any reason for you to go to the sixth floor?
Mr. MOONEY - No, sir. That is what I say. I don't know why. I just stopped on that particular floor. I thought I was pretty close to the top.
Mr. BALL - Were there any other officers on the floor?
Mr. MOONEY - I didn't see any at that time. I assume there had been other officers up there. But I didn't see them. And I begin criss-crossing it, round and round, through boxes, looking at open windows---some of them were open over on the south side.
https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/mooney.htm
You see...I believe that Mr Mooney just may have seen the 6th floor assassins.
He "believed they were deputy sheriffs"?
Luke Mooney had been a Dallas County deputy sheriff for 6 years and he wasn't sure who they were?
Also confirming that the power went out.
Those guys had some pals there at the back door perhaps [maybe they cut the power?]--------
SENATOR COOPER - Did you see anyone else while you were in the building, other than this man you have identified later as Oswald, and Mr. Truly?
Mr. BAKER - On the first floor there were two men. As we came through the main doorway to the elevators, I remember as we tried to get on the elevators I remember two men, one was sitting on this side and another one between 20 or 30 feet away from us looking at us.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2022, 02:09:32 AM »
Now for a more benign version of the cop-in-lunchroom scenario........

On 16 July 1964 Patrolman Barnett wrote a statement for Chief Curry. It tells of his assignment at the northwest corner of Elm & Houston.

We get this:

(My thanks to Mr. Charles Collins for posting the full document in another recent thread.)

So: at least one officer was keeping an eye on the windows of the building. Most interesting! For it proves some level of solicitude about that building on the part of at least one member of law enforcement.

Now! Put yourself in Patrolman Barnett's shoes. As the arrival of the motorcade draws nearer, you notice that the rain has eased off and there are now open windows in upper floors. Perhaps you see (as Mr. Arnold Rowland does) a man leaning out at the northeast corner window of the sixth floor. Being a conscientious guy, you are a little concerned.

What do you do? You either decide to leave your post to go inside and do a hurried last-minute sweep of the building; or you ask a fellow officer to do same.

Is it really beyond the bounds of possibility that this is just what happened, and that Mr. Oswald remembered having his presence in the lunchroom queried by an officer a few minutes before the P. Parade?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:11:41 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2022, 02:09:32 AM »