Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Uninterrupted TSBD rooftop Hertz sign time display = no power failure  (Read 22672 times)

Offline Ray Mitcham

Re: Uninterrupted TSBD rooftop Hertz sign time display = no power failure
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »
Advertisement
Just because you are as equally ignorant of how the freight elevators operated as Mooney is not very compelling for your argument.  It is humorous though.  The blind leading the blind.  I don't have any doubt that Mooney honestly but erroneously thought the elevator didn't work due to a power loss.  He didn't know what he didn't know.  Much like yourself.
"because we had no more power on the elevator."

Seems he knew more than yourself. Keep paddling, Richard.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 09:19:44 PM »
"because we had no more power on the elevator."

Seems he knew more than yourself. Keep paddling, Richard.

You are not understanding the point.  No one is debating whether Mooney thought the reason for the elevator not to function was because the power was out.  That was his conclusion.  He may have been wrong because he didn't understand what he was doing wrong after his passengers open the gate and get out.  I can't make it any clearer than that for you.  Mooney attributed the elevator stoppage to a power outage.  That doesn't mean he knew more than anyone else why it wasn't working.  It's the conclusion he drew.  For which there are other plausible explanations than a power outage.  It could be as simple as not shutting the gate or failing to shut it properly after the passengers exit because he was not familiar with that particular freight elevator.  I honestly don't see how anyone could rule that out.  Why don't you help us here by stating when you think this power outage started, how long it lasted, whether it was part of some planned event initiated by conspirators, and if so, its intended purpose?  It would be helpful to understand what is being suggested rather than just insisting it must be so because that is what Mooney said.  Even if that is contradicted by all the other facts and logic.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »
How would that affect Mooney's ability to operate an old freight elevator?

Why not just answer the question? Have you ever operated one of those old freight elevators?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 10:13:42 PM »
Which one of those are you referring to?

Any freight elevator similar to either of the two in the TSBD in 1963.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 10:21:30 PM »
Let me get this straight, Mooney was on Main street when he heard the shots and from there he runs to the railroad yard then hangs for a few seconds and then runs to the depository where he locates the west elevator and then along with two ladies who want to go to the 2nd floor, they all proceed up to the 2nd floor. Mooney then attempts to continue up the elevator but it doesn't work which he attributes to having no power.

So a few minutes after the assassination and presumably just a few seconds after the two ladies had left the elevator after arriving at their floor, Mooney's elevator picks this completely random exact point in time to suddenly stop working, geez what are the chances?

Conclusion.

1. For some unspecified reason the conspirators decided to turn off the elevator many minutes after the assassination.
2. Mooney didn't know how to operate the west elevator which had double gates.

JohnM

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:36:04 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 10:21:30 PM »

Offline John Mytton

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 06:58:28 AM »
I haven't been up close to any of the two you mention but from the pictures I've seen I would say no.

So?

So you have seen pictures that show how each elevator operates, could you post a link? Thanks in advance!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 06:58:28 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 07:06:00 AM »
Did Adams not know how to operate a passenger elevator?

Miss ADAMS - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

Or a freight elevator?

Miss ADAMS - I tried to get the elevator to go to the fourth floor, but it wasn't operating, so the gentlemen lifted the elevator gate and we went out and ran up the stairs to the fourth floor.

Did Adams know how to use the freight elevator?

Johnm