Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Uninterrupted TSBD rooftop Hertz sign time display = no power failure  (Read 22669 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Uninterrupted TSBD rooftop Hertz sign time display = no power failure
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »
Advertisement
Again, for the tenth time, no one disputes that Mooney thought there was a power outage.  But that doesn't make it so.  There are other plausible alternatives that have been laid out ad nauseam.  Deal with that Inspector Ding-a-Ling.

"Richard wants it to be true" does not make something "plausible".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »
LOL.  Not relevant because Adams didn't get on the passenger elevator.   Her difficulty wasn't getting it to move like Mooney.  It simply didn't show up when she called it.  From that she ASS-u-med (one of your favorite words) that it didn't come because of a power outage.

Your mindreading skills continue to amaze me.  Why would she immediately leap to "power outage" solely based on an elevator not coming?  It must have been some mass power outage hysteria affecting multiple people.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »
What time do you think it happened?  That is the time attributed to it in Reclaiming History.

Oh, well that settles it.    ::)

Could it be off by a minute or two?  Possibly but no apparent relevance.  The obvious point is that Sawyer took the passenger elevator up and then back down in this timeframe.  Confirming that it was working and had power.

Define "timeframe".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
I've explained this one as well.  Several of your nutty kindred have suggested the power outage was the result of the efforts of conspirators.  If you don't like that claim, take it up with them but not me for addressing it.  I've also said multiple times that if you want to erroneously believe there was a power outage but that it had no implications for a conspiracy, that is fine with me.  My only objection is to anyone suggesting there was a power outage (a falsehood) to support the notion of a conspiracy.  Don't care a bit though if someone wants to believe it was just some random event with no relevance to who assassinated JFK.  It would just be an unimportant matter of fact.

Then why do you state as fact that it's an "erroneous" belief and a "falsehood"?  Just because you're arrogant?

Also please quote anybody stating as a fact that the power outage was the result of the efforts of conspirators.  All I said was that multiple people reported power outages inside the building, which you then tried to dismiss because the Hertz sign was on at 12:30.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
Your mindreading skills continue to amaze me.  Why would she immediately leap to "power outage" solely based on an elevator not coming?  It must have been some mass power outage hysteria affecting multiple people.

If it was so obvious that there was no power then why bother pushing any buttons?

Mr. BELIN - Then what did you do ?
Miss ADAMS - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »
Of course there is always other possibilities like aliens focused their radiation beam on the Elevator, time travellers sabotaged the Elevator or perhaps a rat gained the ability for sentient thought and pulled the Elevator fuse?

Strawmen and false appeal to ridicule.  How about the possibility that there actually was a power outage that prevented Mooney from using the elevator, which is why he said there was.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
If there was a power outage then wouldn't the building lights go out and with so many people in the building at the time who gave testimony surely you can support your "power outage" theory? LOL

How Richard-Smith-ian of you.  So you also think that any outage had to have affected every electrical system not only in the building but in all of downtown Dallas.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »
Show us where she says the indicator light burned out.

I was mocking Mytton's "astronomical odds" argument.  I'm not surprised that flew right over your head.