Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oliver Stone Talks to Jacobin About JFK’s Killing  (Read 8251 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Oliver Stone Talks to Jacobin About JFK’s Killing
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 06:32:07 AM »
Advertisement
Except of course that Department 358 on the envelope indicated that the order form came from an earlier advertisment and most certainly not from the April issue.
So what? Why would that have made a difference to the people who actually fulfilled the order?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 06:32:07 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »
So what? Why would that have made a difference to the people who actually fulfilled the order?

If you need to ask, then you don't understand how Klein's worked.

They needed to know the Department number to fill the order correctly, exactly because in later issues of the magazine (with different department numbers) there could be changes.

Mr. BELIN. Can you just give us one or more of the magazines in which this coupon might have been taken?
Mr. WALDMAN. Well, this coupon was specifically taken from American Rifleman Magazine, issue of February 1963. It's identified by the department number which is shown as--now, if I can read this--shown as Department 358 on the coupon.
Mr. BELIN. And that number also appears in the address on the envelope to you, is that correct, or to your company?
Mr. WALDMAN. That's correct.

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »
What's the evidence to support such a claim?

No scientific evidence-just personal experience.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2021, 06:22:29 PM »
No scientific evidence-just personal experience.

Klein's shipped the wrong rifle to you?

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2021, 01:09:43 AM »
Klein's shipped the wrong rifle to you?

Funny.  :)

In my experience as an older individual, companies in general used to substitute items-I assume to avoid losing a sale because they didn't have an item in stock.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2021, 01:09:43 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2021, 01:22:05 AM »
Funny.  :)

In my experience as an older individual, companies in general used to substitute items-I assume to avoid losing a sale because they didn't have an item in stock.

companies in general used to substitute items

In my experience people frequently generalize too quickly.

How do you know what companies in general do? Have you had first hand experience with so many companies that you can justify such a generalization without it being an informal fallacy?

And how does what other companies, or even companies in general, do apply to Klein's in this particular instance?

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2021, 04:40:42 PM »
companies in general used to substitute items

In my experience people frequently generalize too quickly.

How do you know what companies in general do? Have you had first hand experience with so many companies that you can justify such a generalization without it being an informal fallacy?

And how does what other companies, or even companies in general, do apply to Klein's in this particular instance?

As I already stated I have no scientific evidence (only anecdotal) that companies substituted items when they were out of stock. But I am betting that you have no scientific evidence that they did not do this. So we are wasting time. But I notice that quite a few people waste time here arguing silly matters.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2021, 04:40:42 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2021, 04:51:42 PM »
As I already stated I have no scientific evidence (only anecdotal) that companies substituted items when they were out of stock. But I am betting that you have no scientific evidence that they did not do this. So we are wasting time. But I notice that quite a few people waste time here arguing silly matters.

But I am betting that you have no scientific evidence that they did not do this.

argumentum ad ignorantiam

So we are wasting time.

Well, at least one of us is. Without any scientific or any other kind of evidence you just threw this out there;

Yes it was quite common for companies to substitute a very similar item in the pre-Internet age.

to give the impression that it was normal for a company like Klein's to send out a different item than the one that was ordered.

I don't consider it to be a waste of time to address such a misrepresentation.