Author Topic: JFK Revisited Uses Marina Porter to Mislead Viewers  (Read 394 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: JFK Revisited Uses Marina Porter to Mislead Viewers
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »
Most likely she wanted to distance herself from any involvement with Lee so she played dumb. People do this all the time.

It's possible but doesn't explain her inconsistent testimony once she finally admitted to taking the photos. 

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2021, 10:19:42 PM »
Brokaw specifically mentions ballistics tests.
In her denial, Marina specifically mentions ballistics tests.

Not sure what you're seeing.

Yeah, Fred is reaching with this one...

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2021, 10:24:09 PM »
So you are questioning that they are authentic?

No. I accept the authenticity of the photos.

Given her inconsistent testimony on the photos, I question if she was the person who actually took them. You don't need a great memory if you tell the truth...

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 10:24:50 PM by Jon Banks »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 12:48:03 AM »
No. I accept the authenticity of the photos.

Given her inconsistent testimony on the photos, I question if she was the person who actually took them. You don't need a great memory if you tell the truth...

So the photos are authentic and they show a Oswald holding a rifle, commie literature, and carrying his pistol.  But the important point is who took the picture?  It seems like the important point is why Oswald is carrying the rifle used to assassinate JFK.  And then lied to the police about owning any rifle.  If the rifle found on the 6th floor that had the same serial number as the rifle sent by Klein's to his PO Box is not the one owned by Oswald, then what happened to the rifle shown in the BY photos?   It is not in place in which his own wife confirmed that he stored it on 11.22.63 when asked by the DPD.  Even in a conspiracy frame up, it would make no sense to take a picture of Oswald holding some rifle other than one used to assassinate JFK.  The notion that Oswald owned some other rifle that has never been accounted for while ignoring the mountain of evidence that links him to the TSBD rifle is weak sauce. 

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 01:07:49 AM »
So the photos are authentic and they show a Oswald holding a rifle, commie literature, and carrying his pistol.  But the important point is who took the picture?  It seems like the important point is why Oswald is carrying the rifle used to assassinate JFK.  And then lied to the police about owning any rifle.  If the rifle found on the 6th floor that had the same serial number as the rifle sent by Klein's to his PO Box is not the one owned by Oswald, then what happened to the rifle shown in the BY photos?   It is not in place in which his own wife confirmed that he stored it on 11.22.63 when asked by the DPD.  Even in a conspiracy frame up, it would make no sense to take a picture of Oswald holding some rifle other than one used to assassinate JFK.  The notion that Oswald owned some other rifle that has never been accounted for while ignoring the mountain of evidence that links him to the TSBD rifle is weak sauce.

Oswald's guilt and a conspiracy plot to kill JFK aren't mutually exclusive.

Granted, Marina may have told the truth to the best of her recollection. The best case is that she has a bad memory. The worst case is that she lied for reasons that we may never know.

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »
Oswald's guilt and a conspiracy plot to kill JFK aren't mutually exclusive.

True, but why then question the evidence against Oswald if you are entertaining the possibility that he was involved in the plot?  Why question the BY photos, Oswald's ownership of the rifle, and other evidence that links him to the crime if he actually assassinated JFK (even as part of the conspiracy)?   It's only in a situation in which Oswald is innocent of any involvement that the widespread faking of evidence to frame him would be necessary.  If Oswald is playing along, then he is doing whatever the conspirators ask of him including posing with the rifle used to assassinate JFK.  In that scenario, it is not the authenticity of the evidence that is at issue but what evidence there is to link Oswald to some group of conspirators.  And of that there has been no credible evidence presented.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 09:47:41 PM »
True, but why then question the evidence against Oswald if you are entertaining the possibility that he was involved in the plot? 

I believe Oswald likely was involved with the plot (wittingly or unwitting).

I include the possibility that he was unwitting given the legit evidence that he might not have been on the Sixth Floor when the shots were fired at JFK. But I don't rule out the possibility that he in fact involved as a shooter.

In other words, I'm not convinced that he was innocent but I see it as plausible that he was set up to take the blame. 

Why question the BY photos, Oswald's ownership of the rifle, and other evidence that links him to the crime if he actually assassinated JFK (even as part of the conspiracy)? 

Again, I haven't questioned the authenticity of the BYP, I question whether Marina really took them based on her inconsistent testimony. If someone else took the photos, why would she lie? If she took the photos why did she forget basic details?

I think it has been established that the rifle found in the Book Depository isn't the same model as the rifle Oswald allegedly ordered. It's hard to read too much into photographic but the rifle Oswald holds in the BYP also doesn't appear to be the same model as the Book Depository rifle. There are other issues with the rifle. I'm only grazing the surface.

Those seem like valid questions that I currently can't answer.

It's only in a situation in which Oswald is innocent of any involvement that the widespread faking of evidence to frame him would be necessary.  If Oswald is playing along, then he is doing whatever the conspirators ask of him including posing with the rifle used to assassinate JFK.  In that scenario, it is not the authenticity of the evidence that is at issue but what evidence there is to link Oswald to some group of conspirators.  And of that there has been no credible evidence presented.

That's not true. If someone was handling Oswald, they could've told him anything that they needed to tell him in order to maniulate him. His handler wouldn't need to tell him all the details of the plot against Kennedy.

In covert ops, one only needs to tell the person the information that he or she needs to know to complete whatever task the person is given. If someone wants to know "why" they're doing a certain task, the handler could lie about the real agenda.

So no, I don't agree that someone who is involved in some way with the plot couldn't unwittingly be set up to take the fall...

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 11:45:23 PM »
It's pretty clear from Marina's HSCA testimony that she had no idea how many Backyard photos existed or how to use an Imperial Reflex Camera.

She wasn't able to say if she took 1, 2, 3, or 4 pictures (there were at least four).

She couldn't explain to the HSCA how to operate the camera (strange that she wouldn't remember the details of the first time she ever used a camera).

Still, she probably did take the photos but if that's true, why has her testimony been so inconsistent?

she (Marina)probably did take the photos but if that's true, why has her testimony been so inconsistent?

I'd answer: ....She was terrified and as confused as anybody....   She knew she had taken hptos of Lee in the yard at the Neeley street house, but she like so many others believes the photo(s) are incriminating and prove that Lee owned the carcano.

Some of us recognize that although two of the BY photos are authentic photos which Marina took.....They are nothing but laughable presentations which attempt to trick the viewer into believing that the man in the photo is a honest to goodness communist revolutionary.  LOL!    The photo(s) is nothing but a silly attempt to trick the viewer that the person being photographed  is something that he is not. They are nothing but "carnival photos" which Lee wanted to fall into the hands of Castro's spies, so he would be accepted as a friend of Cuba.

People who can't see the obvious are forced to resort to labelling the photos "fakes"....  Which in a way they are, but not in the sense that the photos were created by fake photography.   

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2021, 01:45:36 AM »
It's possible but doesn't explain her inconsistent testimony once she finally admitted to taking the photos.

If someone wanted to distance themselves they would play dumb and be inconsistent with their testimony from what they previously stated. 

Mobile View