Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 94559 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #984 on: August 07, 2022, 11:06:42 PM »
Advertisement
Here are the struggles that Americans have to go through each day to afford medicine and health care.

The simple fact is President Biden and Democrats have delivered once again for the American people and Republicans as usual voted a unanimous "NO" not to help Americans afford medicine and health care.

Republicans voted against their own diabetic constituents as they refused to cap insulin at $35. Republicans voted agaimst seniors and working families struggling to afford health care and medical costs.

Democrats just passed legislation which will help seniors and working families struggling to afford health care by lowering medical costs so they can save money.   

Connie Grady @connl1

My child lives w/ intellectual disabilities & her meds avg $50k/month. We can’t afford that w/o Medicare. Americans with disabilities deserve access to life-saving drugs.

Thanks @SenatorWarnock @SenOssoff for voting to lower Rx costs by enabling Medicare to negotiate prices.

My child has two rare neurological conditions that cause severe epilepsy that cannot be controlled. Hundreds of seizures a day, 8 meds multiple times a day. It adds up quickly.

https://twitter.com/connl1/status/1556375271942815744

DeAnn Carter @DeAnnCarter

Before my husband passed, we depleted our savings to afford $1k/month copays. Now, I face my own dilemma: purchase my meds or my meals.

Dems delivered for seniors by passing the Inflation Reduction Act allowing Medicare to negotiate Rx prices and cap out of pocket costs at $2k.

https://twitter.com/DeAnnCarter/status/1556372697172647936

These Republicans BLOCKED a $35 cap on insulin

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #984 on: August 07, 2022, 11:06:42 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #985 on: August 08, 2022, 08:00:01 AM »
Senator Bob Casey @SenBobCasey

If you have private insurance and need insulin, Senate Republicans just voted against capping the cost of insulin at $35.

Think about that. They voted to keep your medical costs high.

https://twitter.com/SenBobCasey/status/1556293971848167425

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #986 on: August 08, 2022, 10:23:53 AM »
GOP strips insulin out-of-pocket cap from bill: ‘Republicans have just gone on the record in favor of expensive insulin’

Republicans successfully stripped a proposed $35 per month cap on out-of-pocket spending on insulin for patients enrolled in private insurance from the tax and climate bill.

The Senate parliamentarian had ruled that the provision, sponsored by Georgia Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock, is not primarily related to the federal budget. That gave the GOP a chance to raise a procedural objection.

Waiving the rules required 60 votes to succeed. Seven Republicans sided with Democrats to keep the insulin cap in the bill, but that was not enough. Democrats plan to use the GOP move to strip the insulin cap in the fall midterm campaigns.

Many in the GOP supported an amendment from Louisiana Senator John Kennedy to instead provide government funding to subsidize insulin purchases for low income individuals.

Democrats immediately attacked Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Marco Rubio of Florida, who are up for re-election, over their votes to strip a $35 insulin cap from the tax bill.

“Republicans have just gone on the record in favor of expensive insulin,” Oregon Senator Ron Wyden said. “After years of tough talk about taking on insulin makers, Republicans have once against wilted in the face of heat from Big Pharma.”

Voting with Democrats to keep the provision were Senators Bill Cassidy, Susan Collins, Josh Hawley, Cindy Hyde-Smith, John Kennedy, Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan. The 57-43 vote was shy of the 60 needed.

The bill retains a $35 per month for out-of-pocket insulin co-pays under Medicare even through the GOP successfully removed the cap for private insurance.

https://fortune.com/2022/08/07/gop-strips-insulin-out-of-pocket-cap-from-bill-republicans-have-just-gone-on-the-record-in-favor-of-expensive-insulin/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #986 on: August 08, 2022, 10:23:53 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #987 on: August 08, 2022, 10:36:17 AM »
Both parties can't agree on everything but something is fundamentally wrong when Senate Republicans vote against reducing inflation, lowering prescription drug prices for their constituents, and voting against millions of new jobs. 

Absolutely disgraceful that Republicans voted in favor of high prescription drug prices and to keep inflation going.           

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #988 on: August 08, 2022, 05:03:45 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #988 on: August 08, 2022, 05:03:45 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #989 on: August 08, 2022, 11:00:06 PM »
Brutal ad against Herschel Walker shows his ex-wife recounting horrific story of abuse

A new 30-second ad released by the anti-Trump Republican Accountability PAC includes footage of Republican Senate hopeful Herschel Walker’s ex-wife graphically describing him choking her and threatening to kill her during their marriage.

"Do you think you know Herschel Walker? Well, think again," the ad starts out.

The ad then shows excerpts of past interviews where Cindy DeAngelis Grossman accuses Walker of possessing "guns and knives," choking her, and holding a gun to her head.

"He held the gun to my temple and said he was gonna blow my brains out," Grossman says in the ad.

Walker had stated in the past that he suffers from a mental health condition called dissociative identity disorder, a condition that was formerly labeled as a split personality.

Watch the video below:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1556647005442789385

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #990 on: August 08, 2022, 11:48:18 PM »
Bill Pascrell, Jr. @Bill Pascrell

Democrats have repeatedly voted to cap the price of insulin at $35. Yesterday mcconnell republicans killed it again. If you rely on insulin to live, republicans told you to drop dead.

https://twitter.com/BillPascrell/status/1556614083041976326

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #990 on: August 08, 2022, 11:48:18 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #991 on: August 09, 2022, 06:00:03 AM »
The Inflation Reduction Act has just passed the Senate and is on its way to the House—Democrats are delivering on what Americans really want.