Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The JFK Files: Rhetoric vs. Truth  (Read 13281 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The JFK Files: Rhetoric vs. Truth
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2021, 06:30:26 PM »
Advertisement
"Chucky"

:D :D :D

Suits him to a 'T':
Wooden head & no soul

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2021, 06:30:26 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2021, 06:33:23 PM »
Here is a companion piece to my original article. It discusses a new article by Peter Isackson that Morley is promoting.

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2021/11/morley-and-monkey.html

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »
Engaging with "Waste of Oxygen" in any way is like playing chess with a pigeon.

It was Oswald, Neil, and he got what he deserved

billchapman/hunter of trolls
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:05:06 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2021, 07:21:13 PM »
Who in the Mexican government from back in 1963 is still serving in their government today?  ???

They’ve gone through several changes in government since the 1960s and the current regime doesn’t have a cozy relationship with the US.

Names of sensitive government assets usually can be redacted.

Does it violate the JFK Records Act to release the records with redactions?
I'm quite sure that some Mexican officials - in their 20s and 30s in 1963 - are still around. Not in government but still alive. You can redact names and still figure out who they were. They were promised anonymity; that doesn't end when they leave government. Especially if they were given money or bribed or broke Mexican/foreign government law.

If you promise people not to reveal their names in return for help and then reveal them don't be surprised if nobody helps you in the future when you ask them.

In any case I'm all for releasing them. It won't satisfy conspiracy people; nothing will. They'll just say it's more evidence of a conspiracy. This has been the most investigated crime/event in US history. Multiple government investigations, multiple news investigations, historians and scholars and investigative reporters have looked into it. They've found nothing. But it doesn't matter. It's always "the Warren Commission did this and the Warren Commission did that." All of these other investigations are ignored.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:26:52 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2021, 07:56:27 PM »
Engaging with "Waste of Oxygen" in any way is like playing chess with a pigeon.
I'll take the pigeon over you. At least a pigeon sees the chess pieces. You deny that any even exist. They're all lies, fake, staged.

Waitresses, steam fitters, used car salesmen, shoe salesmen, ticket takers, cab drivers....on and on and on. All of them for you just made up fake chess pieces. They don't really exist.

It's easier reasoning with a pigeon than an Alex Jones type conspiracist.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 08:50:23 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2021, 07:56:27 PM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »
I'm quite sure that some Mexican officials - in their 20s and 30s in 1963 - are still around. Not in government but still alive. You can redact names and still figure out who they were. They were promised anonymity; that doesn't end when they leave government. Especially if they were given money or bribed or broke Mexican/foreign government law. If you promise people not to reveal their names in return for help and then reveal them don't be surprised if nobody helps you in the future when you ask them.

Come on Steve. Do you really believe the current Mexican government doesn't know who those people were?

Same for the Russians. Secrets like that can't be kept forever. By now the Mexicans, Cubans, and Russians know who was working with the US in the 1960s.

Secondly, the entire geopolitical map has changed in the last 60 years.

Fidel Castro is dead. His brother Raul is no longer in charge.
The Soviet Union is long gone

The only consequence of naming names of people who might still be alive are domestic politics. We can be certain that they have legal immunity if they worked for US intelligence but in the court of public opinion, some Americans might suffer depending on the nature of what it is they did. If there are no crimes being covered up, what do those people have to worry about?

Thirdly, the CIA is still fighting disclosure of files involving CIA agents and assets who are long deceased. Which makes even less sense unless there's something nefarious or embarrassing in those remaining files.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 11:29:02 PM by Jon Banks »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2021, 08:25:02 PM »
Here is a companion piece to my original article. It discusses a new article by Peter Isackson that Morley is promoting.

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2021/11/morley-and-monkey.html

"Conspiracy theorist Jefferson Morley should learn to choose his friends more carefully"

Jeff Morley isn't a "Conspiracy Theorist". He has never proposed his own alternative theory of how JFK was killed. Morley, like Josiah Thompson, Cyril Wecht, John Newman, and other JFK researchers are just skeptics of the Warren Report narrative.

Some in the JFK research community ARE conspiracy theorists but you're widely missing the mark if you put all JFK assassination researchers in the same bucket.

In our current age where every person has instant access to the Internet via a cell phone in their pocket and where any number of nonsensical narratives of all types are perpetuated daily by “journalists” using blogs, social media and a variety of means, “official commentators” are being “bribed” and “intimidated” to hide the truth about the JFK case?

I agree that the idea that people in the media have been "bribed" is unlikely. Maybe there are some cases of that sort of thing but I doubt it's widespread.

However, there are certain topics that mainstream journalists may avoid because they know (or have been told) it won't be published or that it could hurt their career (ie Gary Webb). So that sort of thing leads to journalists pretty much censoring themselves.

Outside of the mainstream media, there aren't as many gatekeepers, hence why most reporting on JFK conspiracy stuff mostly comes from independent and alternative media sources.

For the last 58 years, the mainstream news media has for the most part endorsed the Warren Report and whenever anyone deviates from the official narrative, they get painted in the Press as "wacky" despite the fact that 60-70% of Americans don't believe the official narrative.

For example, a few years ago when John Kerry expressed his doubts that Oswald acted alone it was met with mostly negative press in the mainstream media.

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/john-kerry-declines-to-elaborate-on-jfk-conspiracy-comments

It seems that Morales kept quiet about his father’s allegations for the familiar and trite reason that he was “scared to death.”

I agree that we shouldn't accept the Morales story at face value but it does invite further journalistic curiosity because it's at the very least plausible based on the stuff about him that has been confirmed.

Morales is confirmed to have worked as a CIA contractor and FBI informant off and on between the 1960s and 1970s. Per Morley, some of the files on Morales are still classified.

In 1964 Morales informed the CIA on a Cuban exile group that operated in New Orleans. It's not implausible that his relationship with the New Orleans group began in 1963 or earlier. He might've been asked to inform on the group because he was already involved with them. 

And yes, there were CIA-linked paramilitary training camps operating in Louisiana near New Orleans in 1963 per former CIA agent, Robert Baer.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 08:28:14 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2021, 08:25:02 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2021, 09:06:17 PM »
Ah... another insult. No surprise there.... But what I don't get is, why would anybody file as a memory for possible future reference an alleged comment (that never happened) by a person, he knows nothing about, on a public forum? Seems a pretty pointless exercise to me. Not that I believe a word you say.....

_You don't 'get' anything.
_Tell us why I should stand down after you keep hurling insult-upon-insult my way.
_Your word-salads are peppered with enough insults to choke a horse

I'm beginning to like this compulsion of yours and have no intention of telling you why you should "stand down". I have no reason to, when you are doing such a magnificent job of making a complete fool of yourself. Please carry on.... it's so much fun.

And calling yourself an "artist" doesn't make you one.
_Others call me an artist.

As nobody likes you, those "others" must be your imaginary friends...  :D

There is nothing artistic about you.