Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Hoover "the false story re Oswalds trip to Mexico City"  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Hoover "the false story re Oswalds trip to Mexico City"
« on: October 14, 2021, 06:06:27 AM »
Advertisement
In a Jan 1964 memo, Hoover mentioned "the false story regarding Oswald in Mexico City". Here is it covered in John Newmans book "Oswald And The CIA":

According to 34 minutes in on the below video (see also 54 minutes), a Hoover memo states that it was not Oswald in Mexico City:

Can we conclude from this that the "false story" Hoover talked about was that Hoover did not believe that it was Oswald in Mexico city?

JFK Assassination Forum

Hoover "the false story re Oswalds trip to Mexico City"
« on: October 14, 2021, 06:06:27 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Hoover "the false story re Oswalds trip to Mexico City"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 04:27:55 PM »
In a Jan 1964 memo, Hoover mentioned "the false story regarding Oswald in Mexico City". Here is it covered in John Newmans book "Oswald And The CIA":

According to 34 minutes in on the below video (see also 54 minutes), a Hoover memo states that it was not Oswald in Mexico City:

Can we conclude from this that the "false story" Hoover talked about was that Hoover did not believe that it was Oswald in Mexico city?

I'm inclined to believe Oswald was in Mexico City.

Maybe the "false story" referred to the rumors that Oswald threatened JFK while in Mexico City.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »
The Mexico City angle has been done to death----

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1599.msg41639.html#msg41639

I wanted to focus on a particular point about the Mexico city incident. I'm not interested in whether Oswald was there or not. What i'm trying to figure out is what did Hoover mean when he said "the false story re Oswalds trip to Mexico City". What "false story" did he think he was talking about. Hoover obviously knew there was some false story but what exactly this false story was that Hoover knew about is unclear.

I'm wondering if he was talking about the fact the CIA were lying about having tapes of Oswalds phonecalls. Hoover said his own agents had listened to these tapes but then he started to pretend such tapes never existed. Is this the "false story" Hoover is referring to?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 10:10:38 PM »
I wanted to focus on a particular point about the Mexico city incident. I'm not interested in whether Oswald was there or not. What i'm trying to figure out is what did Hoover mean when he said "the false story re Oswalds trip to Mexico City". What "false story" did he think he was talking about. Hoover obviously knew there was some false story but what exactly this false story was that Hoover knew about is unclear.

I'm wondering if he was talking about the fact the CIA were lying about having tapes of Oswalds phonecalls. Hoover said his own agents had listened to these tapes but then he started to pretend such tapes never existed. Is this the "false story" Hoover is referring to?
I don't think that Hoover cared whether or not Oswald went to Mexico either. He knew perfectly well it had nothing to do with Dallas.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 10:10:38 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 10:31:08 PM »
Even LNers would have to agree there was some "false story" as Hoover said there was one. It must be the tapes hes talking about.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:18:20 AM »
Even LNers would have to agree there was some "false story" as Hoover said there was one. It must be the tapes hes talking about.
A transcript of a phone call between President Johnson and FBI Director Hoover from the morning after the assassination, wherein Hoover informed LBJ that Oswald was impersonated in Mexico City. The tape of this phone call has been erased.
Three pages...   https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=807

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:18:20 AM »