Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Dead-Letter Package  (Read 15116 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Dead-Letter Package
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 04:14:27 AM »
Advertisement
  It could be folded it and carried under his jacket.
Lee the hunchback? :D 
Which is what he did.
Coulda Woulda Shoulda Mighta ...did!
If it was remotely possible and concluded Oswald did it---it happened.
If it was improbable, unlikely and concluded he might not have---then it didn't.
Great thesis there. Another book possibility  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 04:14:27 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2021, 07:58:56 AM »

Incidentally---Good catch... I remember seeing that picture before  Thumb1:

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2021, 03:24:10 PM »
You can't seriously need this spelled out, Mr Smith! An 18-inch bag is not a bag long enough to hold a rifle. Hence no danger of a red flag in relation to a known subversive on the Feds' watchlist as a Presidential visit impends

Just because your Warren Report bedtime story says this doesn't make it any less unlikely

Yes, that would be a silly thing to suggest. Which is why I made no such suggestion

I have NEVER said Mr Oswald is innocent of involvement in the assassination. Do try to keep up, Mr Smith!

As for curtain rods, the evidence is clear: two curtain rods were submitted to the Crime Lab for testing for Mr Oswald's prints 8 days before two curtain rods were taken from the Paine home. I stand over my assessment of this remarkable fact: it points to two curtain rods having been found in the Depository sometime after the assassination. No other scenario makes sense in my view.

However, IF that address label on the Nixie Package is indeed in Mr Oswald's handwriting, then that has the potential to change things----------dramatically. I am doing something you never ever do: assessing the evidence critically and with an open mind

Speaking of handwriting, your random-hoaxer-who-happened-to-imitate-LHO's-handwriting-to-perfection hypothesis is still a dud

Thumb1:

Again, why would anyone have cause to suspect that a paper bag sent through the mail was going to be used to carry a rifle to assassinate the president?  It is just an empty paper bag.  It could be used for many purposes.  But if that is your rationale, an 18-inch bag could be used to carry a pistol.  Right? If someone was suspicious of empty paper bags, then they could conclude Oswald was using the mailed bag to carry his pistol somewhere.  How does this package "dramatically" change the case even if Oswald did actually mail this package?  At best, it would show he was some type of paranoid loon which we already know.  I'm not aware of any scientific analysis of the handwriting that confirms it was Oswald's.  You just keep repeating that, in your inexpert opinion, it is Oswald's handwriting. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2021, 03:24:10 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »
Again, why would anyone have cause to suspect that a paper bag sent through the mail was going to be used to carry a rifle to assassinate the president?  It is just an empty paper bag.  It could be used for many purposes.  But if that is your rationale, an 18-inch bag could be used to carry a pistol.  Right? If someone was suspicious of empty paper bags, then they could conclude Oswald was using the mailed bag to carry his pistol somewhere.

You don't need a paper bag to conceal a pistol, duh

How does this package "dramatically" change the case even if Oswald did actually mail this package?

I didn't say it dramatically changes the case, I said it would dramatically change things if this is indeed Mr Oswald's handwriting. Because that would connect Mr Oswald to a heavy brown paper bag more convincingly than the official investiagation was able to connect him to a certain other heavy brown paper bag. And it would do more than connect him to the bag-------------------it would show him engaging in clandestine behavior with it ahead of Pres. Kennedy's visit to Dallas. It would, in short, make him look guilty as hell

At best, it would show he was some type of paranoid loon which we already know.

So he was wrong to believe he was under surveillance from the Feds? Really?

Of course what really drives your opposition to my hypothesis as to why Mr Oswald might send this heavy brown paper bag to himself at a fake address is that such would require Mr Oswald to have foreknowledge of the motorcade route well before your cherished bedtime story says he had

I'm not aware of any scientific analysis of the handwriting that confirms it was Oswald's.  You just keep repeating that, in your inexpert opinion, it is Oswald's handwriting.

And you just keep repeating that, in your very inexpert opinion, a random hoaxer could have known to write the name and address in a way that even you have to admit looks like Mr Oswald's handwriting. Care to explain how your imaginary random hoaxer would have known to do this?

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 05:00:53 PM by Alan Ford »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »

Of course what really drives your opposition to my hypothesis as to why Mr Oswald might send this heavy brown paper bag to himself at a fake address is that such would require Mr Oswald to have foreknowledge of the motorcade route well before your cherished bedtime story says he had

And you just keep repeating that, in your very inexpert opinion, a random hoaxer could have known to write the name and address in a way that even you have to admit looks like Mr Oswald's handwriting. Care to explain how your imaginary random hoaxer would have known to do this?

Thumb1:

How would it show foreknowledge of the motorcade route? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2021, 02:39:18 AM »
How would it show foreknowledge of the motorcade route?

~Grin~

Odd that you should ask, Mr Smith. Why, only a few short days ago you had no difficulty in seeing the linkage------------you criticized my hypothesis on the basis that Mr Oswald would not have had enough foreknowledge of the motorcade route to make the experiment with the Nixie parcel viable:

If he learns on Monday or Tuesday that JFK is passing the building, then there would be a remote possibility he considered mailing the bag there instead of transporting it himself but there would be no guarantee that it would arrive by Friday.  And why do a test run to a different address with so little time?

As I have several times gently pointed out, this is the real reason you have tried (unconvincingly) to write the Nixie parcel off as a random hoax: evidence of nefarious intent on Mr Oswald's part is fine, but only so long as the timing does not threaten the Lone Nut scenario.

A Mr Oswald sending himself a heavy brown paper bag, but doing so in a way that suggests game-playing with the postal authorities, would suggest a Mr Oswald making plans for something clandestine that would involve the use of a heavy brown paper bag. That this would require more lead-in time than you are comfortable with is a problem for you, not me.

By the way, you dodged my question about how a random hoaxer could have known to write the name and address in a way that even you have to admit looks like Mr Oswald's handwriting. Still trying to figure this little conundrum out, eh?

Thumb1:

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 02:56:30 PM »
~Grin~

Odd that you should ask, Mr Smith. Why, only a few short days ago you had no difficulty in seeing the linkage------------you criticized my hypothesis on the basis that Mr Oswald would not have had enough foreknowledge of the motorcade route to make the experiment with the Nixie parcel viable:

As I have several times gently pointed out, this is the real reason you have tried (unconvincingly) to write the Nixie parcel off as a random hoax: evidence of nefarious intent on Mr Oswald's part is fine, but only so long as the timing does not threaten the Lone Nut scenario.

A Mr Oswald sending himself a heavy brown paper bag, but doing so in a way that suggests game-playing with the postal authorities, would suggest a Mr Oswald making plans for something clandestine that would involve the use of a heavy brown paper bag. That this would require more lead-in time than you are comfortable with is a problem for you, not me.

By the way, you dodged my question about how a random hoaxer could have known to write the name and address in a way that even you have to admit looks like Mr Oswald's handwriting. Still trying to figure this little conundrum out, eh?

Thumb1:

Try to focus instead of rambling on.  Here is the question again:  How would this package show foreknowledge of the motorcade route?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 02:56:30 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2021, 03:52:06 PM »
Try to focus instead of rambling on.  Here is the question again:  How would this package show foreknowledge of the motorcade route?

You mean like that map of DP they found at Ozzie's pad, dad?