Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was JD Tippit involved in narcotics?  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Was JD Tippit involved in narcotics?
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
Advertisement
Why was a police officer killed in the line of duty while doing his job a hero?  Are you for real?  In this particular case, Tippit noted someone behaving suspiciously.  What exactly Oswald did to draw his attention cannot be known but Oswald had ample cause, as someone who had just assassinated the president, to not want to be seen by the police.  Tippit was not satisfied by whatever bull Oswald told him through the window and Tippit decided to pursue the matter further.  Outstanding police work that eventually led to the apprehension of the man who assassinated the president of the United States.  Tippit was murdered in the process by a criminal.  That checks all the boxes for being a hero.  He will forever be credited as a hero in the history books.  A police officer who was doing his job and gave his life.  I don't believe that he necessarily had any cause to believe Oswald was the assassin.  What he did have cause to note was that Oswald was acting suspiciously.  It was good police work.

It was good police work
> Presenting himself as he did to Oswald was sloppy, 'poor dumb cop' work

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2021, 05:21:54 PM »
Why was a police officer killed in the line of duty while doing his job a hero?  Are you for real?  In this particular case, Tippit noted someone behaving suspiciously.  What exactly Oswald did to draw his attention cannot be known but Oswald had ample cause, as someone who had just assassinated the president, to not want to be seen by the police.  Tippit was not satisfied by whatever bull Oswald told him through the window and Tippit decided to pursue the matter further.  Outstanding police work that eventually led to the apprehension of the man who assassinated the president of the United States.  Tippit was murdered in the process by a criminal.  That checks all the boxes for being a hero.  He will forever be credited as a hero in the history books.  A police officer who was doing his job and gave his life.  I don't believe that he necessarily had any cause to believe Oswald was the assassin.  What he did have cause to note was that Oswald was acting suspiciously.  It was good police work.

You've got a weird perception of what makes somebody a hero.

Why was a police officer killed in the line of duty while doing his job a hero?  Are you for real?

Yes. He was a cop doing his job. That alone doesn't make him a hero and neither does getting shot and killed.

In fact, there was nothing heroic about anything Tippit did, unless you want to call getting out of a car to talk to a civilian, he clearly did not perceive to be a threat, an act of heroism.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:37:34 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 06:51:22 PM »
A hero  ::) yip his actions beforehand wasn't suspicious  :D, wildly pulling over random cars searching them without uttering a word, running into the shop using the phone and bursting back out again, Tippit was knee deep in this conspiracy ;)

Tippit was knee deep in this conspiracy ;)....

I have a feeling that you're right, David..... But unfortunately the DPD closed ranks and blamed his murder on Lee Oswald. So we probably will never know what his role was?    But putting the assassination aside....Tippit could very easily have been involved in narcotics....and there may be persons still alive that could verify the rumor...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 06:51:22 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 07:14:57 PM »
  In this particular case, Tippit noted someone behaving suspiciously.  What exactly Oswald did to draw his attention cannot be known but Oswald had ample cause, as someone who had just assassinated the president, to not want to be seen by the police.  Tippit was not satisfied by whatever bull Oswald told him through the window and Tippit decided to pursue the matter further.   
Total speculation...then contradicts his own conjecture.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 09:52:44 PM »
You've got a weird perception of what makes somebody a hero.

Why was a police officer killed in the line of duty while doing his job a hero?  Are you for real?

Yes. He was a cop doing his job. That alone doesn't make him a hero and neither does getting shot and killed.

In fact, there was nothing heroic about anything Tippit did, unless you want to call getting out of a car to talk to a civilian, he clearly did not perceive to be a threat, an act of heroism.

Why am I not surprised that you do not appreciate the risk associated with being a police officer?  Every police officer who leaves his home is putting himself or herself at risk of harm to protect the public.  Every time they approach a car or suspicious person, they are putting themselves at some risk.  Thankfully in most instances nothing happens.  But in some instances, a simple questioning of suspicious person results in getting killed when the person being approached is someone like Oswald.  A cold blooded killer in flight from assassinating the president.  Tippit didn't have to rush into a burning building to rescue a baby to be a hero.  He took a risk every time he left his home.   He used his skills as a police officer to identify a person acting suspiciously and did his job to question that person.  He paid for it with his life.  His actions led directly to the police closing in and arresting the assassin of the President.  Tippit will be remembered in the history books long after you are forgotten.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 09:52:44 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »
Why am I not surprised that you do not appreciate the risk associated with being a police officer?  Every police officer who leaves his home is putting himself or herself at risk of harm to protect the public.  Every time they approach a car or suspicious person, they are putting themselves at some risk.  Thankfully in most instances nothing happens.  But in some instances, a simple questioning of suspicious person results in getting killed when the person being approached is someone like Oswald.  A cold blooded killer in flight from assassinating the president.  Tippit didn't have to rush into a burning building to rescue a baby to be a hero.  He took a risk every time he left his home.   He used his skills as a police officer to identify a person acting suspiciously and did his job to question that person.  He paid for it with his life.  His actions led directly to the police closing in and arresting the assassin of the President.  Tippit will be remembered in the history books long after you are forgotten.

Why am I not surprised that you do not appreciate the risk associated with being a police officer?  Every police officer who leaves his home is putting himself or herself at risk of harm to protect the public.  Every time they approach a car or suspicious person, they are putting themselves at some risk.

Why am I not surprised that you have such a low opinion of the American public?

Isn't it amazing that in a country which calls itself "land of the free" the people are fearfull of the police and the police are fearfull of the general public to the extent that they will shoot unarmed people simply because they look suspicious. So much paranoia!

Btw don't compare the dangers cops face now with those in 1963. You said it yourself;

No DPD officer had been killed for years before Tippit's murder. 

Tippit didn't have to rush into a burning building to rescue a baby to be a hero.  He took a risk every time he left his home.

As do I every time I leave my house, whenever I'm back home. Does that make me a hero too?

Tippit will be remembered in the history books long after you are forgotten.

So will Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, Jack the ripper, Vlad the impaler, Donald Trump, Jeffrey Dahmer, Billy the Kid, Ponce de León, Stalin and many others.... Stop making a fool of yourself with your OTT dramatics.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:28:55 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2021, 01:13:52 AM »
Why am I not surprised that you do not appreciate the risk associated with being a police officer?  Every police officer who leaves his home is putting himself or herself at risk of harm to protect the public.  Every time they approach a car or suspicious person, they are putting themselves at some risk.

Why am I not surprised that you have such a low opinion of the American public?

Isn't it amazing that in a country which calls itself "land of the free" the people are fearfull of the police and the police are fearfull of the general public to the extent that they will shoot unarmed people simply because they look suspicious. So much paranoia!

Btw don't compare the dangers cops face now with those in 1963. You said it yourself;

Tippit didn't have to rush into a burning building to rescue a baby to be a hero.  He took a risk every time he left his home.

As do I every time I leave my house, whenever I'm back home. Does that make me a hero too?

Tippit will be remembered in the history books long after you are forgotten.

So will Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, Jack the ripper, Val the impaler, Donald Trump, Jeffrey Dahmer, Billy the Kid, Ponce de León, Stalin and many others.... Stop making a fool of yourself with your OTT dramatics.

Weirdest post of the year.  You equate the risk of your leaving home with that of a police officer going on duty?  Wow.  And compare Tippit to Hitler, Jack the Ripper, and Stalin?  You should be ashamed of that level of stupidity.  Join Walt in writing a letter of apology to the Tippit family and begging their forgiveness for your offensive ignorance. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2021, 01:13:52 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2021, 03:25:44 AM »
Weirdest post of the year.  You equate the risk of your leaving home with that of a police officer going on duty?  Wow.  And compare Tippit to Hitler, Jack the Ripper, and Stalin?  You should be ashamed of that level of stupidity.  Join Walt in writing a letter of apology to the Tippit family and begging their forgiveness for your offensive ignorance.

You equate the risk of your leaving home with that of a police officer going on duty? 

No. I asked a question..... You know, one of those you never answer.

No DPD officer had been killed for years before Tippit's murder. 

And compare Tippit to Hitler, Jack the Ripper, and Stalin? 

No, you did

Why am I not surprised that you don't understand a word of what I actually wrote?

Bottom line; Tippit was a cop who got killed in the line of duty. That doesn't make him a hero. Deal with it!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:45:53 PM by Martin Weidmann »