Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3D Modeling  (Read 28198 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: 3D Modeling
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2022, 07:37:51 PM »
Advertisement

I found a 3D outer-flesh model and a 3D "High-Poly" skeleton model and merged them. The "Medium-Poly" and "Low-Poly" skeleton models changed the shape of some of the bones, so I used the best-quality model. This meant a large file size, so I removed some unnecessary bones. This does not affect where the bones in the upper body appear in the model.

I'm showing how many facets are involved in the "High-Poly" skeleton model and the articulation "handles" I added. Using the "handles", each articulation point can be rotated (to a reasonable degree; some joints don't rotate much) but the articulation points themselves remain attached to the articulation point of any neighboring bone it was originally attached to. For example, one can rotate the skull but it can't be detached from the C1 (or "Atlas") vertebrae. This preserves the integrity of the skeleton.

The scapula bone is very flexible and attached to the back by large muscles. The scapula has a connection to the outer tip of the clavicle. When the inner tip of the clavicle is rotated upward, the outer tip of the clavicle rises which in turn causes the scapula (and arm bones) to rise up. I think we see in the autopsy photos that the outer shoulders of Kennedy have risen up due to rigor mortise. The raised shoulder line is fairly flat in the photo, compared to life where the shoulder line tapers down from the neck.

On my model, the distance between the neck crease and the entry wound on the skin is 2 1/8" (or 5.5 cm as reported by the Clark Panel). By raising the scapula up, we end up with a similar distance from the scapular spine to the entry wound. Those two distances being similar is what is shown in the autopsy photo of the back wound. A resting scapula would not appear as high as that seen in the autopsy photo.

I notice that young Kennedy's right clavicle protrudes from the body more so than the left. I think I see something similar in the autopsy photo, which helps to authenticate the photo.

Nice work Jerry!  I believe that having his right arm raised so that it rests on the side of the limousine would raise his clavicle, etc. But it appears that there is ample space between the path of the bullet and the clavicle for that to occur without the bullet striking the clavicle, etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2022, 07:37:51 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2022, 09:01:43 PM »

Ever notice how the West and East slabs of the Triple Underpass Bridge differ in height?

A source tells me the streets slope downwards east-to-west inside the tunnel. I'm using a 1° slope in my model. I will have to merge this somehow with the 3° slope of the streets that run through the Plaza.

That's what works in my model. Might not work in yours.

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 09:53:38 PM »

Ever notice how the West and East slabs of the Triple Underpass Bridge differ in height?

A source tells me the streets slope downwards east-to-west inside the tunnel. I'm using a 1° slope in my model. I will have to merge this somehow with the 3° slope of the streets that run through the Plaza.

That's what works in my model. Might not work in yours.
Very interesting. I never noticed that before. I'm hoping for a DP trip later this year and would be able to take any measurements and photos you think would be helpful. Start a list and I will attempt to do what one crazy guy with a laser measure can safely manage.

Here is a photo of a portion of the TUP from below. I took a few years ago. Inspiring work you do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 09:53:38 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 05:11:06 PM »
Very interesting. I never noticed that before. I'm hoping for a DP trip later this year and would be able to take any measurements and photos you think would be helpful. Start a list and I will attempt to do what one crazy guy with a laser measure can safely manage.

Thank you, James. I'll post measurement requests in graphic form here. With all the bevels, and slanted and rounded edges on the bridge, verbal description would not be accurate. Please do what measurements are safely possible. I understand some measurements may not be possible if the sun interferes with the laser. Whatever you can provide will very much help.

I'm including some of my empirical measurements so we can later see how far off I was. :D

Here is a photo of a portion of the TUP from below. I took a few years ago. Inspiring work you do.

Very good reference photo. Thank you. Your animation work and video stacks are wonderful.

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2022, 07:55:26 PM »

Thank you, James. I'll post measurement requests in graphic form here. With all the bevels, and slanted and rounded edges on the bridge, verbal description would not be accurate. Please do what measurements are safely possible. I understand some measurements may not be possible if the sun interferes with the laser. Whatever you can provide will very much help.

I'm including some of my empirical measurements so we can later see how far off I was. :D

Very good reference photo. Thank you. Your animation work and video stacks are wonderful.
Thanks for the schematics. Just a couple quick comments.
1. Hate to whine, but I will like a working copy on a clipboard, but my printer is B&W. There is very little contrast with TUP, arrows and background. Can you change the text and arrows to white with a global command?
2. I was planning to laser measure, from street level east side column heights from street curb to top in the afternoon and west side in the morning for shade. The laser will  help topside, but there will be much tape measuring.
Looking forward to doing this! I have done several measurements here and have a feel for what is in store.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2022, 07:55:26 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2022, 08:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the schematics. Just a couple quick comments.
1. Hate to whine, but I will like a working copy on a clipboard, but my printer is B&W. There is very little contrast with TUP, arrows and background. Can you change the text and arrows to white with a global command?
2. I was planning to laser measure, from street level east side column heights from street curb to top in the afternoon and west side in the morning for shade. The laser will  help topside, but there will be much tape measuring.
Looking forward to doing this! I have done several measurements here and have a feel for what is in store.

I see what you mean. I'll re-export the 3D views in texture-less shadow-off monochrome and add high-contrast arrows. I'll aim for a graphic with lots of white space, to help extend your ink. Thank you letting me know.

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2022, 08:47:21 PM »
I see what you mean. I'll re-export the 3D views in texture-less shadow-off monochrome and add high-contrast arrows. I'll aim for a graphic with lots of white space, to help extend your ink. Thank you letting me know.
Not the ink, my tired eyes  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2022, 08:47:21 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2022, 08:38:23 PM »
Here we go ...

That's better.