Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3D Modeling  (Read 27161 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

3D Modeling
« on: September 26, 2021, 05:02:57 AM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

3D Modeling
« on: September 26, 2021, 05:02:57 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: 3D Modeling
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 01:51:06 AM »

Cartoon Ernie still can't figure out the correct amount of window opening. He must have five years in on it by now. :D

How he's added in Dealey Plaza. Usually one improves a skill as time goes on.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 12:27:06 AM »

On this model, the window is now raised 20". Appears to be some tweaking left to do. The model's line-of-sight to the window is not exact to that of the Dillard photo. But better than Cartoon Ernie.

Shadow supposedly represents shadow at 12:30, Nov. 22, 1963. SketchUp doesn't permit shadow to show on transparent material unless the transparency is a rather dense setting. So the surface of the window glass exhibits no shadow. SketchUp is a pretty low-budget entry-level program so some limitations occur.

Details and measurements in this model probably won't work in other models.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 12:27:06 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 12:52:01 AM »
Jerry, did Stephen Fagin provide some actual measurements of the individual bricks around the window? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 03:38:26 AM »
Jerry, did Stephen Fagin provide some actual measurements of the individual bricks around the window? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

An assistant measured an exterior brick on the ground floor. I accidentally deleted that email, but one of my graphics says 2 3/16" H x 3 7/8" D x 8 1/4" L with a 1/2" mortar. I used that for awhile but my window ledge height exceeded 60'. Changing the brick height to 2 1/8" made quite a difference for me (I kept the 1/2" mortar). Now some standard modern bricks are 2 1/4" high, so one could play around with that by using a slightly smaller mortar. I don't see hardly any variation in the individual brick height.

Curator Fagin measured the masonry opening in which the frame for the SN window set sits in, and was very close to Lt. Day's 8' 2".  Day's measurement is what I use for the masonry opening.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 03:38:26 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 04:35:20 AM »
In 2019 I made quick measurements of south face bricks as 43" L and 13" H for runs of 5 brick and 5 mortar. I did not record fractional inches, if any. I will recheck when I can get back to big D. 

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 02:40:25 PM »
Anyone with a brain knows that Oswald could not have pulled off the feat with the gun they found up there. He would have had to assemble the gun [no proof or witnesses saw this happen] after bringing it in, and he would have had to sight and align the scope. There's no way he could have pulled all of this off AND made perfect shots in 6 seconds when many shooting experts couldn't pull off the same sequence under controlled settings.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 02:40:25 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 06:11:34 PM »

Cartoon Ernie still can't figure out the correct amount of window opening. He must have five years in on it by now. :D

How he's added in Dealey Plaza. Usually one improves a skill as time goes on.

How did that car get to the 5th-floor level and the rifle tracking angle would have snuffed Brennan; no problem.

But at least Ernie remembered to get his dummies dressed. And lest we forget, Canadians saved his country's sorry arse from having to learn German.