Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Have we established that Bill Whaley did NOT transport Lee Oswald to Oakcliff?  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Advertisement
So, you agree Oswald was a fugitive on the run when he left the TSBD after the assassination.
You also agree that Oswald was being set-up and that he is aware of being set-up.
Why shouldn't Oswald expect someone waiting for him if he was being set-up.
It's not a question of how quickly the authorities responded. It's a set-up, which means there could be people sat outside Oswald's place before the assassination.
Also, twenty minutes is plenty of time for the authorities to find out where he lives.
Oswald doesn't know the SN hasn't been found. He doesn't know how quickly his absence has been noticed.

Oswald is on the run. He wants to check out whether there's anyone outside waiting for him and he doesn't want the cab driver to know where he lives. Better yet, let the driver give police a misleading impression of where he lives.

So, you agree Oswald was a fugitive on the run when he left the TSBD after the assassination."

Yes, that is the image that he wanted projected.... However, he probably was awakening to the fact that someone had actually shot JFK when he went outside.    And during the ride to the rooming house,  the cab driver told him that JFK had been shot .

You also agree that Oswald was being set-up and that he is aware of being set-up.

No ...That's not correct....Lee didn't know that he was being made a scapegoat.... He was playing the role in a stage play....He had no idea that the conspirators were plotting to kil JFK under the cover of his staged attempt to shoot JFK.

already answered.... He didn't know that he was being set up ....He trusted his handler who  knew that Lee was playing the role in a stage play.

It's not a question of how quickly the authorities responded. It's a set-up, which means there could be people sat outside Oswald's place before the assassination.

Not even his handler knew that Lee had rented a room at 1026 N. Beckley..... That was first learned during the interrogation at 3:15 pm

Also, twenty minutes is plenty of time for the authorities to find out where he lives.

Yes, perhaps if the authorities were clairvoyant ....and could draw information out of thin air.

Oswald doesn't know the SN hasn't been found. He doesn't know how quickly his absence has been noticed.

SO what??....  They Hadn't discovered the stage area with the throw down spent shells but even if they had how would they connect that stage prop to Lee Oswald??

Oswald is on the run. He wants to check out whether there's anyone outside waiting for him and he doesn't want the cab driver to know where he lives. Better yet, let the driver give police a misleading impression of where he lives.

When You have made up your mind that Lee was the killer....Anything is possible......   If you don't believe that just read Chapman's posts.  I thought that you were more open minded than Lil Chappie....

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

So, you agree Oswald was a fugitive on the run when he left the TSBD after the assassination."

Yes, that is the image that he wanted projected.... However, he probably was awakening to the fact that someone had actually shot JFK when he went outside.    And during the ride to the rooming house,  the cab driver told him that JFK had been shot .

No ...That's not correct....Lee didn't know that he was being made a scapegoat.... He was playing the role in a stage play....He had no idea that the conspirators were plotting to kil JFK under the cover of his staged attempt to shoot JFK.

already answered.... He didn't know that he was being set up ....He trusted his handler who  knew that Lee was playing the role in a stage play.

Not even his handler knew that Lee had rented a room at 1026 N. Beckley..... That was first learned during the interrogation at 3:15 pm

Yes, perhaps if the authorities were clairvoyant ....and could draw information out of thin air.

SO what??....  They Hadn't discovered the stage area with the throw down spent shells but even if they had how would they connect that stage prop to Lee Oswald??

When You have made up your mind that Lee was the killer....Anything is possible......   If you don't believe that just read Chapman's posts.  I thought that you were more open minded than Lil Chappie....

Read the post Walt,
I never said I thought Oswald was the killer.
How soon after learning JFK had been assassinated do you think Oswald figured out he was a "patsy"?

Offline Walt Cakebread

Read the post Walt,
I never said I thought Oswald was the killer.
How soon after learning JFK had been assassinated do you think Oswald figured out he was a "patsy"?

That's a tough question Dan....

You may recall that Marina had told Lee that he was a damned fool ( not her exact words, but words to that effect ) when he told her that he had shot at General Walker and missed......   She apprised him of the possibility that someone could have taken advantage of the opportunity and actually have shot Walker while he was firing a bullet through the window.

IOW....Lee should have known that he was playing with dynamite....and I think he recognized that, because he certainly took careful notice of Jarman and Norman passing by the lunchroom at the time when JFK's motor cade was passing by the TSBD. Thus establishing the solid alibi that he was in the 1st floor lunchroom at the time the president passed by the TSBD.     

When did Lee realize that he was the scapegoat.....Well I know he knew that JFK had been murdered before he blew up at FBI agent Hosty.  He had tried to warn Hosty by leaving him a note that told Hosty to come to talk to him.  I believe hat he realized hat he'd been made the patsy during the questioning......   That's when he demanded a Lawyer.....

He'd had to have been as stupid as Chapman if he didn't see that he was being made the patsy during the questioning by fritz.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:35:54 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Richard Smith

I'd certainly have expected such a cab driver to make himself known after the assassination. Wouldn't you agree?

Why would a cab driver want to get involved?.....   BUT....How d you know that the driver of the CITY cab that transported Lee to the rooming house didn't notify the police?.....  And they told him that he was mistaken about the identity of his passenger because William Whaley was the cabbie who transported Lee Oswald to Oakclif.    And he'd be wise to just forget about the trip that he had made.

I'm sure that you will scoff at this, but I'd remind you that many witnesses who offered information to the authorities were told to keep their mouth shut and just forget about what they had seen.

Why would the DPD care which cab driver gave Oswald a ride?  Good grief. 

Offline Bill Chapman

more open minded than Lil Chappie
Stop whining: You simply cannot get around me and you know it

-----
BTW
-----
1) Oakcliff
2) Oakclif
> How many ways can you spell Oak Cliff, Pops?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

Why would the DPD care which cab driver gave Oswald a ride?  Good grief.

Psssst.....They already had an illiterate  liar that they could manipulate and get him to say what they wanted him to say, so they sure as hell didn't want a more honest man who they couldn't control messing up the tale.

It seems to me that the group of WC investigators who investigated Lee's sojourn between the TSBD and the theater knew that Whaley had invented the tale ( they would have been stupid and totally incompetent if they didn't know that Whaley's tale was all BS)  However, a bird in the hand is worth more than a dozen in the brush and they had to go with what the FBI gave them.

Offline Walt Cakebread

Then whose cab DID Oswald get into on 11/22/63, Walt?

We know that LHO took a cab to Beckley on 11/22. Even Oswald himself admitted to doing this. So whose cab was it---if not Whaley's?

Did any other cab driver in Dallas ever come forth and say it was HE (and not Whaley) who drove LHO to Oak Cliff?

Answer to the above is, of course----No.

I'd certainly have expected such a cab driver to make himself known after the assassination. Wouldn't you agree?

(Awaiting Walt's next insane theory....)

We know that LHO took a cab to Beckley on 11/22. Even Oswald himself admitted to doing this. So whose cab was it---if not Whaley's?

Yes, You're right Lee did tell Captain Fritz that he got off the bus that was stuck in traffic and walked to the Greyhound taxi stand and hired a taxi to take him to the rooming house. He told the listeners that he paid the taxi driver 85 cents for the ride.

Whaley is on record under oath, telling the interrogators that the fare was 95 cents and his passenger gave him a dollar

P.S.    The WC investigators determined that Lee was still at the TSBD at 12:33 ( the time that Whaley said the man who was wearing BLUE CLOTHING , climbed into his taxi)    They also found that Lee got off the bus which was stuck in traffic at about 12:44 pm, and then walked to the Greyhound taxi stand and hired a CITY cab at 12:48 pm.  He arrived at the rooming house at 1:00pm.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:20:42 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

Midgets can simply be stepped over.

Midget?....  I thought he was a little kid, with the reasoning ability of a 6 year old....