Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 1/6 Insurrection Investigation  (Read 72459 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: 1/6 Insurrection Investigation
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »
Advertisement
Jan. 6 Committee files subpoenas for phone records of over 100 people including many Trump associates

The House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack has officially issued subpoenas to wireless companies for the phone records of over 100 people, a "substantial" number of them Trump associates, in an effort to piece together the actions of Donald Trump and his inner circle on the day of the violent insurrection.

The records do not include actual voice or text content, but rather who called or texted whom, when, for how long, CNN reports, and possibly from where.

Included in the massive list is Mark Meadows, the former Trump White House chief of staff.

The data should give the Committee "the ability to draw a web of communications before, during and after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol."

CNN adds that one subpoena it reviewed "requests 'all call, message, Internet Protocol and data connection detail records associated with the phone number' from November 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021. The letter also asks for information related to phone numbers, IP addresses and devices that the account in question has communicated with."

https://www.rawstory.com/bank/jan-6-committee-files-subpoenas-for-phone-records-of-over-100-people-including-many-trump-associates/

Capitol riot committee 'quietly issued an unknown number of subpoenas' to key Trump officials: report

On Tuesday, the Huffington Post reported that the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack has been doing an enormous amount of work "beneath the radar" that has not been made public — and have "quietly issued an unknown number of subpoenas" to former Trump administration officials.

This suggests that the committee's public steps, which include securing the cooperation of former Mike Pence chief of staff Marc Short and threatening a contempt referral against Trump chief of Staff Mark Meadows, could barely scratch the surface of the committee's activity.

“'While we’ve announced roughly 40 subpoenas, the select committee has heard from 275 witnesses, both individuals complying with subpoenas and those participating with our investigation voluntarily," one unnamed aide told Huffington Post reporter S.V. Date. "We’ve taken in more than 30,000 pages of records, received hundreds of tips, and are making rapid progress in this phase of our investigation."

According to the report, "while the committee in August released letters to 35 telecommunications and technology companies asking them to preserve records of certain individuals, the names of those people were not released, and it was not until Meadows’ lawyer told the committee his client would not be cooperating that it became clear that Meadows — who was with Trump all that day — was among them."

Meadows recently reneged on his offer to cooperate with the committee, claiming that the House investigators were not respecting the former president's executive privilege.

All of this comes amid fears that if Republicans win control of the House in 2022 and the committee has not yet arrived at its final conclusions, they will move to shut down the committee.

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-committee-subpoenas-2655939772/

Capitol riot committee warns Mark Meadows he's headed for 'criminal prosecution'

The House Select Committee investigating the January 6th Capitol riot has apparently lost patience with former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows.

On Tuesday afternoon, the committee released a statement slamming Meadows for backing out of cooperating with them despite writing publicly in his new book about former President Donald Trump's response to the riots.

"Mark Meadows has informed the Select Committee that he does not intend to cooperate further despite his apparent willingness to provide details about the January 6th attack, including conversations with President Trump, in the book he is now promoting and selling," the committee said. "The Select Committee has numerous questions for Mr. Meadows about records he has turned over to the Committee with no claim of privilege, which include real-time communications with many individuals as the events of January 6th unfolded."

The committee then warned Meadows of severe consequences should he remain defiant.

"Tomorrow’s deposition will go forward as planned," the committee said. "If indeed Mr. Meadows refuses to appear, the Select Committee will be left no choice but to advance contempt proceedings and recommend that the body in which Meadows once served refer him for criminal prosecution.

https://www.rawstory.com/mark-meadows-criminal-contempt/

Trump will 'be furious' when he realizes how many documents Meadows already turned over: CNN reporter

On Tuesday's edition of CNN's "OutFront," correspondent Jamie Gangel broke down the significance of former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows handing over a significant number of documents, even as he moved to renege on his pledge to cooperate.

"Let's start with your new reporting," said anchor Erin Burnett. "What is included in what Meadows did hand over? The roughly 6,000 pages of documents, what is in there, as far as you know?"

"So let's remember, this was voluntary, no claim of privilege," said Gangel. "We are told by the committee that in those documents Meadows has handed over include messages sent and received during the riot, texts, e-mails, calls, while the events of the insurrection were actually going on on January 6th. Committee member Zoe Lofgren told us earlier today the records include, quote, 'volumes of material,' including real-time communication."

"So, look, Erin, we don't know yet the details of who Meadows was communicating with that day," added Gangel. "But we do know a lot of people had Meadows' cell phone. So, think about it. White House officials, rally organizers, Trump loyalists, members of Congress. All should be aware that if they were communicating with Meadows, texting, emailing on January 6th, the committee may already have those documents. I just want to add one thing. If Donald Trump is as mad about Mark Meadows' book as we're hearing, he's going to be furious when he realizes that Meadows handed over all these records with no claim of privilege."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2021, 04:01:35 AM »
Reclusive Publix heiress became obsessed with Alex Jones — and wound up funding Jan. 6: report

The reclusive heiress of the Publix supermarket chain helped finance former president Donald Trump's Jan. 6 rally after she became obsessed with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, according to a report from the Washington Post.

Julie Fancelli, 72, contributed $650,000 to three organizations that helped stage and promote the "Stop the Steal" rally that preceeded the Capitol insurrection, making her the largest publicly known donor to the event.

"In the weeks leading up to the rally, Fancelli frequently emailed to her relatives and friends links to Jones’s talk show, according to two people with knowledge of the emails who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications," the Post reports. "Jones was a leading proponent of false claims that Trump’s reelection had been foiled by election fraud and that Congress could refuse to certify Biden’s victory."

Fancelli, who reportedly splits her time between Florida and Tuscan, Italy, had planned to attend the Stop the Steal rally and stay at the Willard hotel in Washington, but ultimately opted not to travel due to COVID-19.

"Fancelli was a regular listener to Jones’s show and had an assistant make contact with him at his office in Austin to find out how she could support Trump’s attempt to undermine Biden’s victory, the person said," the Post reports. "She and Jones talked by phone at least once between Dec. 27 and Jan. 1, the person said."

Jones, who did attend the rally, has received a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the Captiol insurrection.

Fancelli’s brother-in-law Barney Barnett, a retired Publix executive who describes himself as a conservative Republican, told the newspaper: “I am not tantalized by that fellow (Jones), but apparently she is, and a lot of other people are addicted, to the detriment of the country. Julie is one of the finest people I know, and I am sorry she got tied up with this guy.”

Fancelli’s sister, Nancy Jenkins, added: “He’s kind of a rabble rouser, and I don’t listen to that. I listen to the regular news. That guy is crazy. Everybody knows Trump lost.”

With some shoppers threatening boycotts, Publix has tried to distance itself from Fancelli, saying in statement that the company is "deeply troubled" by her involvement in Jan. 6.

Fancelli, who rarely speaks to the media, previously told the Post in a statement: “I am a proud conservative and have real concerns associated with election integrity, yet I would never support any violence, particularly the tragic and horrific events that unfolded on January 6th.”

One prominent Republican fundraiser from Florida questioned whether Fancelli even knew she was "writing checks for Jan. 6." But the narrative of an innocent grandmother who unwittingly bankrolled an insurrection is undercut by Fancelli's continued donations to far-right causes this year.

"In September, she gave $5,800 to Rep. Matthew M. Rosendale of Montana, who was among 21 House Republicans who opposed awarding the congressional gold medal to police officers who defended the U.S. Capitol on Jan 6," the Post reports. "In July, Fancelli gave $1,000 to an unsuccessful candidate for mayor of Lakeland, Fla., who thanked the right-wing One America News for 'correctly' referring to Trump as the president after Biden’s inauguration."

Read the full story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/publix-heiress-capitol-insurrection-fancelli/2021/12/08/5144fe1c-5219-11ec-8ad5-b5c50c1fb4d9_story.html

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2021, 01:21:02 PM »
MAGA rioter who called Biden 'stupid' bragged about assaulting cops on social media: feds

A Michigan man who attacked Capitol police officers with a chemical spray and bragged later on social media that “I f***ed those cops up” has been arrested by the FBI.

Tim Levon Boughner, 41, of Romeo, Michigan is being held without bond pending a detention hearing on Thursday on a variety of charges in connection with the January 6 insurrection. The FBI cited video evidence of Boughner’s attacks and the assistance of his body art in helping confirm his identity.

But the FBI arrest report also indicated that Boughner was quite chatty on social media before and after his alleged activities at the Capitol.

As early as November 8, 2020, Boughner posted this on his Facebook account: “Trump 2020. This ain't over.”

On November 28, he posted “All ex presidents get secret service when they leave White House. Trump won’t be leaving for 4 more years.” On December he added, “stupid Biden will not be president”.

On December 20, 2020, he replied to a comment saying “they have to keep us busy and blind on what is really happening in our country. I can’t believe I’m saying this but we are going to be at war. USA will be dealing with all the evils in this world. They tried to use the flu too steal our country.”

On January 3, 2021, Boughner asked a Facebook friend, “Are you ready to go to DC Tuesday?” He subsequently stated “I got a open spot if you want to go.” Later, Boughner stated in the same conversation “Never will there be anything like this again bro. Might even get lucky and stomp some *ss. Lmao”.

On January 5, Boughner posted, “I’m on my way to Washington DC. To make sure Biden’s doesn’t become president.”

On January 6, he posted, “Tear gassed peppered sprayed guy got next to me got the rubber bullet. I grabbed a can from them and started spraying. I got it on video lol”. Boughner subsequently stated “That was wild. We made it to the senate floor till National guard started fight back”; a statement which indicates Boughner entered the Capitol Building.

Also that day, Boughner posted “F***ed those cops up,” the report states.

On February 17, Boughner posted on the account, “Biden’s not the president,” the FBI stated, and then noted that he subsequently posted, "I have to share. My life has not been the same since this day. I got pull threw (sic) something amazing. I still don’t know how I ended up on the capital (sic) steps having a pepper spray fight with the capital police (sic)."

A notable aside in the criminal complaint is that Boughner came to the Capitol with his siblings Amber and Adam. There is no allegation in the complaint that they joined him in breaching the Capitol and they have not been charged to date, according to the Department of Justice website.

But Tim Boughner did show up on his sister’s Facebook page, labeled “Target Account 2” in the FBI complaint.

“Amber, Adam, and Tim Boughner crossed a fence line as they approached the United States Capitol Building; as they did, Amber stated that the time was 1:36 (presumed to be 1:36 PM EST). A loud noise was heard in the background which Adam stated was gunshots (perhaps blanks). Tim Boughner can be seen walking away from Amber and Adam as Tim Boughner moved through the crowd. Adam stated “He’s mad. He’s my brother.”

Boughner is charged with engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds, civil disorder, and assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers with a dangerous weapon, among other charges.

You can read the full FBI complaint here (PDF).
https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-arrests-2655954437/

Prosecutors recommend up to 4 years for armed MAGA rioter who threatened to kill Nancy Pelosi

On Wednesday, NBC4 Washington's Scott MacFarlane reported that federal prosecutors are recommending up to 4 years for Cleveland Meredith, a Georgia man who threatened to "put a bullet in" House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser during the January 6 Capitol attack.

Meredith showed up with a Glock 19, 9mm pistol, Taver X95 rifle with a telescopic sight, high-capacity magazines, and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition and has been described as having mental health issues and a history of violent incidents, including an episode in 2018 in which he allegedly brandished a gun at his mother and daughter during a fit of road rage.

In May, Meredith told federal judge Amy Berman Jackson that he was "just having fun" — which she did not consider a credible excuse for his behavior. He has subsequently pleaded guilty to sending threatening communications.

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rioter-sentence-2655952268/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2021, 01:21:02 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2021, 11:53:46 PM »
Here's a flashback to January 6, 2021.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »
Donnie looks increasingly senile in his recent photos with his fake grin. And here's another criminal that Donnie hired for his corrupt administration. A felon with a record and a guy who hits his girlfriend.     

Former Trump aide responds to Jan. 6 subpoena by threatening to ‘disband’ House committee

Max Miller, a former Trump aide who's now running for Congress in Ohio, is reportedly being subpoenaed by the House select committee investigating the Capitol insurrection.

Miller, who's been endorsed by Trump, wrote on Twitter on Thursday that he will “accept service of this subpoena, but I will defend my rights — just as I will defend the rights of my constituents when elected."

"Upon taking office, I will make sure one of my first votes is to disband this partisan committee that has weaponized its powers against innocent Americans,” he added. “Ohioans are tired of watching D.C.’s witch hunts and political theater while the country burns. Sadly, it’s the only card the Democrats can play, because their policies are destroying our nation."

According to Cleveland.com, Miller's campaign "did not respond to inquiries on how he’ll respond to the subpoena and whether he had any role in the January 6 rally in Washington whose participants eventually breached the U.S. Capitol."

"At the time of the riot, Miller worked as a White House senior advisor to Trump," the site noted.

Miller is running for the seat being vacated by GOP Rep. Anthony Gonzalez, who recently announced his retirement after voting to impeach Trump for inciting the insurrection.

Miler recently sued his ex-girlfriend, former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham, after she accused him of domestic abuse in her new book. Politico reported in July that Miller and Grisham's 18-month relationship ended after he "pushed her against a wall and slapped her in the face in his Washington apartment after she accused him of cheating on her."

Miller also has a criminal record that includes speeding, underage drinking and disorderly conduct.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2021/12/ohio-congressional-candidate-max-miller-says-hes-being-subpoenaed-by-the-committee-probing-the-jan-6-riot.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »
Capitol attack panel obtains PowerPoint that set out plan for Trump to stage coup
Presentation turned over by Mark Meadows made several recommendations for Trump to pursue to retain presidency

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows turned over to the House select committee investigating the 6 January Capitol attack a PowerPoint recommending Donald Trump to declare a national security emergency in order to return himself to the presidency.

The fact that Meadows was in possession of a PowerPoint the day before the Capitol attack that detailed ways to stage a coup suggests he was at least aware of efforts by Trump and his allies to stop Joe Biden’s certification from taking place on 6 January.

The PowerPoint, titled “Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan”, made several recommendations for Trump to pursue in order to retain the presidency for a second term on the basis of lies and debunked conspiracies about widespread election fraud.

Meadows turned over a version of the PowerPoint presentation that he received in an email and spanned 38 pages, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The Guardian reviewed a second, 36-page version of the PowerPoint marked for dissemination with 5 January metadata, which had some differences with what the select committee received. But the title of the PowerPoint and its recommendations remained the same, the source said.

Senators and members of Congress should first be briefed about foreign interference, the PowerPoint said, at which point Trump could declare a national emergency, declare all electronic voting invalid, and ask Congress to agree on a constitutionally acceptable remedy.

The PowerPoint also outlined three options for then vice-president Mike Pence to abuse his largely ceremonial role at the joint session of Congress on 6 January, when Biden was to be certified president, and unilaterally return Trump to the White House.

Pence could pursue one of three options, the PowerPoint said: seat Trump slates of electors over the objections of Democrats in key states, reject the Biden slates of electors, or delay the certification to allow for a “vetting” and counting of only “legal paper ballots”.

The final option for Pence is similar to an option that was simultaneously being advanced on 4 and 5 January by Trump lieutenants – led by lawyers Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman, as well as Trump strategist Steve Bannon – working from the Willard hotel in Washington DC.

The Guardian revealed last week that sometime between the late evening of 5 January and the early hours of 6 January, after Pence declined to go ahead with such plans, Trump then pressed his lieutenants about how to stop Biden’s certification from taking place entirely.

The recommendations in the PowerPoint for both Trump and Pence were based on wild and unsubstantiated claims of election fraud, including that “the Chinese systematically gained control over our election system” in eight key battleground states.

The then acting attorney general, Jeff Rosen, and his predecessor, Bill Barr, who had both been appointed by Trump, by 5 January had already determined that there was no evidence of voter fraud sufficient to change the outcome of the 2020 election.

House investigators said that they became aware of the PowerPoint after it surfaced in more than 6,000 documents Meadows turned over to the select committee. The PowerPoint was to be presented “on the Hill”, a reference to Congress, the panel said.

The powerpoint was presented on 4 January to a number of Republican senators and members of Congress, the source said. Trump’s lawyers working at the Willard hotel were not shown the presentation, according to a source familiar with the matter.

But the select committee said they did find in the materials turned over by Meadows, his text messages with a member of Congress, who told Meadows about a “highly controversial” plan to send slates of electors for Trump to the joint session of Congress.

Meadows replied: “I love it.”

Trump’s former White House chief of staff had turned over the materials to the select committee until the cooperation deal broke down on Tuesday, when Meadows’ attorney, Terwilliger, abruptly told House investigators that Meadows would no longer help the investigation.

The select committee announced on Wednesday that in response, it would refer Meadows for criminal prosecution for defying a subpoena. The chairman of the select committee, Bennie Thompson, said the vote to hold Meadows in contempt of Congress would come next week.

“The select committee will meet next week to advance a report recommending that the House cite Mr Meadows for contempt of Congress and refer him to the Department of Justice for prosecution,” Thompson said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/10/trump-powerpoint-mark-meadows-capitol-attack

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2021, 08:41:13 AM »
Jenna Ellis freaks out after Politico publishes her Trump coup memos

Pro-Trump attorney Jenna Ellis reacted angrily on Friday after Politico published her memos advocating that former Vice President Mike Pence refuse to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election.

As described by Politico, Ellis argued that "Pence, while presiding over lawmakers’ counting of electors, should simply halt the process when their alphabetical proceeding reached Arizona" and then "declare that the state failed to meet the legal standard for certifying its own electors and 'require the final ascertainment of electors to be completed before continuing.'"

In a statement to Politico, Ellis denied that she argued Pence should overturn the election, but rather said that he should halt its certification and send the matter back to the states.

"At no time did I advocate for overturning the election or that Mike Pence had the authority to do so," she said. "As part of my role as a campaign lawyer and counsel for President Trump, I explored legal options that might be available within the context of the U.S. Constitution and statutory law.”

Shortly afterward, Ellis lashed out at the publication for publishing her memos, even though they meet the definition of being newsworthy given that they recommended the disruption of the constitutional process of certifying a presidential election.

"Wondering how Politico thinks it’s responsible or ethical journalism to publish attorney-client privileged documents," she said. "They admit they are the first to publish in their entirety the two Ellis memos, which both have the banner 'ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED.' Trump hatred persists."

https://www.rawstory.com/jenna-ellis-memos/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2021, 08:41:13 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2021, 09:07:21 AM »
New January 6 subpoenas show first direct line between Trump and 'Stop the Steal' organizers: CNN's Ryan Nobles

On Friday's edition of CNN's "The Situation Room," reporter Ryan Nobles explained that the new set of subpoenas issued by the House committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack show a firmer link between the "Stop the Steal" rally organizers and former President Donald Trump.

"The select committee issued a new round of subpoenas today," said anchor Wolf Blitzer. "Who do they target?"

"This round of subpoenas today, Wolf, are not necessarily too many household names, but their role in what took place in the days leading up to January 6th are very important," said Nobles. "Among them, Robert 'Bobby' Peede Jr., Max Miller, who is of course running for Congress right now in Ohio, Brian Jack, Bryan Lewis, Ed Martin, and Kimberly Fletcher."

Nobles then documented the importance of each witness to the committee's work.

"Peede and Max Miller are of particular interest," he explained. "This is the first time they've talked about a direct link to the rally organizers, people that planned rallies on January 4th, 5, and 6th. Many of those who participated in those rallies ended up storming the Capitol. And they both joined Katrina Pierson, who is also under subpoena, in a meeting with the former president in the executive dining room at the White House, where they discussed plans for the rallies. Now, we don't know exactly what took place in the conversation surrounding that, but this is one of the first times that we're hearing about the president in a room with rally organizers, discussing plans for that day, Wolf."

Watch below: