Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 1/6 Insurrection Investigation  (Read 71779 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: 1/6 Insurrection Investigation
« Reply #1320 on: June 02, 2023, 03:36:30 AM »
Advertisement
Judge sentences Roberto Minuta to 54 months prison in Jan 6 OathKeepers case.

Defense attorney leaned into argument today that MInuta "harangued but didn't threaten police" & said Minuta was in "fight or flight mode fueled by adrenaline".

Feds recited MInuta's talk of "civil war".

Oath Keeper who guarded Roger Stone before Jan. 6 attack gets more than 4 years in prison
https://apnews.com/article/capitol-riot-oath-keepers-seditious-conspiracy-sentencings-7a826241ad3a667cfec9a8c4538c36b2

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1320 on: June 02, 2023, 03:36:30 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1321 on: June 02, 2023, 08:16:38 AM »
Four Oath Keepers convicted of seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 attack

Watch:

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1322 on: June 02, 2023, 02:58:11 PM »
A new month and still no leftist manifesto.  Maybe after the 2024 election we will finally have answers for the parents of the murdered children. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1322 on: June 02, 2023, 02:58:11 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1323 on: June 02, 2023, 08:26:12 PM »
Sentencing today in Jan 6 case of Johnny Harris  of NC.  Feds argue Harris told FBI "that if he had it all to do again, he would do it the same way".

They say he "placed his hand on a police officer’s chest & pushed that officer, while reaching down to retrieve his phone".

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1324 on: June 03, 2023, 08:11:54 AM »
Albuquerque Head sentencing: Man who pulled officer into mob during Capitol attack gets over 7 years

The man who pulled former Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police officer Michael Fanone into the crowd of violent rioters on January 6, 2021, yelling "I got one!" was sentenced Thursday to 90 months behind bars.

In the lower west terrace tunnel, a small entryway into the Capitol, the mob fought police with chemical spray, poles, bats, and officers' own batons and shields against the line of police -- including Fanone -- protecting the building and those inside.

It was during this battle that a man named Albuquerque Head pulled Fanone away from his fellow officers, wrapping his arm around Fanone's neck, tearing him into the crowd, according to court documents, which consumed Fanone and beat him unconscious.

"These were some of the darkest acts on one of (our) darkest days," district Judge Amy Berman Jackson said before handing down the sentence Thursday.

"He was your prey, he was your trophy," she said of Fanone, adding later that the officer "was protecting America" that day.

Head, of Kingsport, Tennessee, pleaded guilty in May to assaulting a police officer and has been detained since April 2021.

During the hearing, prosecutors played video from Fanone's body-worn camera on January 6, which showed Head initially tell Fanone, "I'm going to get you out of here."

"Thank you," Fanone replied.

Fanone testified during the sentencing that at first he believed Head was trying to help him, CNN reported. Seconds later, however, Head yelled "I got one!" to the mob.

Fanone testified he felt Head "choke me and drag me out into the vicious crowd," holding onto Fanone as another rioter tased him. The officer suffered a heart attack as rioters beat him and tased him in his neck repeatedly, Fanone said.

"Show Mr. Head the same mercy he showed me on January 6," Fanone told the judge Thursday. "None."

The footage also showed Fanone's first words when he regained consciousness as officers carried him inside the Capitol. "We took the door back?" he asked his fellow officers.

Fanone is now a CNN contributor.

Head chose not to speak during Thursday's hearing.

"Head appears before this Honorable Court as a 43-year-old seeking redemption and mercy," his defense attorney, Nicholas Wallace, wrote in a sentencing memorandum, noting that his father had passed away while he was in prison and his mother is in "declining health."

Head's attorney also blamed his clients lengthy rap sheet on a former addiction to opioids and other drugs, saying that his crimes came to a "screeching halt" after he became sober several years ago.

Head's fiancé and mother of his two daughters was at the sentencing Thursday and wrote a letter to the judge on Head's behalf, which Jackson called "raw" and "true."

Jackson, reading from the letter, noted "it's the women who will suffer."

Fanone told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "Anderson Cooper 360" Thursday that he thought the punishment was appropriate and that Jackson was "thoughtful in her sentencing," but added that the long sentences handed to some convicted January 6 defendants may be "inspiring" some Americans to "fight harder and to be more violent."

Asked if he believed if the long sentences have "a deterrent effect" on potential future attacks, Fanone said, "I would traditionally say yes, but these are not traditional crimes. These are politically inspired attacks on law enforcement and on our democracy."

"Unfortunately, you still have individuals, a former president, many of his allies, that continue to espouse the same lies that motivated these attacks," Fanone added. "So while I think that [the long sentences] may prevent many Americans from participating in something similar to January 6, I think it's also inspiring many Americans to fight harder and to be more violent."

Watch video in link: https://abc7chicago.com/albuquerque-cosper-head-sentencing-officer-michael-fanone-capitol-riot/12388168/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1324 on: June 03, 2023, 08:11:54 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1325 on: June 03, 2023, 10:20:54 PM »
'It was dumb to follow him': MAGA rioter throws fellow Oath Keeper under the bus at sentencing

David Moerschel, a member of the Oath Keepers who was convicted of seditious conspiracy earlier this year, admitted that he made a mistake in deciding to join the militia to storm the United States Capitol on January 6th, 2021.

As reported by Politico's Kyle Cheney, Moerschel said during a sentencing hearing that he regrets getting mixed up with Kelly Meggs, the leader of the Florida Oath Keepers who was sentenced last month to more than a decade in jail after also being convicted on seditious conspiracy charges.

"I don't mean anything bad about Kelly Meggs, but he was a used car salesman," Moerschel told the court, according to Cheney. "It was dumb to follow that guy."

Cheney also notes that Moerschel was a neuroscientist by trade before he got himself involved in trying to block the peaceful transfer of power in the name of former President Donald Trump, who prior to getting involved in politics was the host of "Celebrity Apprentice."

According to independent journalist Brandi Buchman, Moerschel attorney Scott Weinberg told the court that his client's career as a neuroscientist is over in the wake of his conviction.

"David lost a lot," Weinberg argued. "His degrees are no longer worth the paper they were printed on."

Read More Here: https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1664645177909059592

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1326 on: June 04, 2023, 10:36:08 AM »
Oath Keeper sentenced to 3 years in prison for sedition in US Capitol attack

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Oath Keepers militant group member David Moerschel was sentenced on Friday to three years in prison for seditious conspiracy and other crimes arising from the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters.

U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta said that Moerschel transporting weapons, including a semiautomatic AR-15 rifle, to the Washington area ahead of Jan. 6 brought "its own degree of danger" because of his political motivations.

But the judge said that he was less culpable than other Oath Keepers convicted in the Capitol attack.

Prosecutors had asked U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta to sentence Moerschel to 10 years. One of his co-defendants, Joseph Hackett, will be sentenced later Friday, and prosecutors are seeking 12 years in prison for him.

Mehta since last week has sentenced six other members of the far-right Oath Keepers to prison terms ranging from three to 18 years.

Hackett and Moerschel were convicted of seditious conspiracy - a felony charge involving attempts "to overthrow, put down or to destroy by force the government of the United States" - as well as obstructing an official proceeding and conspiracy to prevent members of Congress from discharging their duties.

Hackett also was convicted of tampering with documents or proceedings.

Both men were among a group of Oath Keepers who breached the Capitol on the day of the attack, clad in paramilitary gear. The attack was intended to prevent Congress from certifying Democrat Joe Biden's victory over Trump, a Republican, in the November 2020 U.S. presidential election. Hackett and Moerschel were near the House of Representatives chamber as lawmakers were gathered for the certification process.

In an emotional statement, Moerschel said that when he was in the Capitol on Jan. 6, "I felt like God was saying to me, 'Get out of here,' and I didn’t. And I disobeyed God and I broke laws."

Moerschel's lawyer on Friday asked that this client be sentenced to home detention or minimal incarceration. "He has lived an exemplary life other than those 11 minutes" Moerschel was in the Capitol building, attorney Scott Weinberg said.

Prosecutor Troy Edwards said that Moerschel's bringing of guns to a Virginia hotel near Washington merited a strong sentence. "When he came to this district, he brought weapons of war and he wanted his guy," Edwards said, referring to Trump. "And he was ready to act."

The two men are among six Oath Keepers found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, a former U.S. Army paratrooper turned Yale University-educated lawyer, last week was sentenced to 18 years in prison, the longest sentence handed down yet over the Jan. 6 attack.

Prosecutors in court papers described Hackett as a low-level leader in the Oath Keepers, and pointed to his call for the arrest of "corrupt politicians" as foreshadowing his actions at the Capitol including "forcing his way" toward the office of the leader of the House of Representatives.

Hackett's lawyer in a separate legal filing asked that Mehta "primarily focus on alternatives to incarceration" in issuing a sentence.

Two other Oath Keepers convicted of seditious conspiracy, Robert Minuta and Edward Vallejo, were sentenced on Thursday. Minuta was sentenced to 4-1/2 years in prison and Vallejo to three. Three others were sentenced last week to between four and 12 years in prison.

The judge has delayed the sentencing of Thomas Caldwell, another Oath Keepers member who acquitted on the seditious conspiracy charge but convicted of other crimes.

© Reuters

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1326 on: June 04, 2023, 10:36:08 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1327 on: June 05, 2023, 02:44:30 AM »
A Confederate flag also hung from the Inaugural scaffolding on Jan 6, 2021

Via newly released US Justice Dept video court exhibit ===>