Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22148 times)

Offline David Von Pein

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2021, 03:21:11 AM »
Advertisement
Quote from: Walt Cakebread
This utterly ridiculous statement is the product of a warped brain. The author bases his statement on his imagination.

Quite the contrary, Mr. Cakebread. The "warped brain" is possessed by the conspiracy theorists who are constantly bending over backwards in order to pretend that virtually all of the evidence that hangs Mr. Oswald is tainted or fraudulent---without a bit of proof to show that any of it was actually faked. A CTer's suspicions about the evidence is more than enough "proof" for them.

In reality, of course, my 2013 statement concerning Oswald and the Tippit murder is a perfectly accurate quote given the sum total of the evidence as it exists in the Tippit case.

Regarding some of the physical evidence in the Tippit case....

There's absolutely nothing "tainted" or "suspicious" when it comes to the two bullet shells found by Barbara and Virginia Davis in their side yard on 11/22/63. There's a clear and distinct chain of possession for each of those shell casings—going from each Davis girl straight into the hands of two different Dallas Police Department officers.

Oh, yes, I expect Walter Cakebread to storm back into this discussion very shortly and argue that he knows for a fact that the DPD markings that exist on the two bullet shells found by the Davis girls—those being the markings put there by Detective C.N. Dhority and Crime Lab Captain George M. Doughty (one bullet shell each)—are in some fashion fraudulent, manufactured, or fake, and therefore should be discarded as "real" evidence in the J.D. Tippit murder investigation. But a conspiracy theorist's suspicions about those two shells do not add up to anything even remotely resembling "proof" that the shells are not legitimate evidence.

And I suppose that Walt will also argue that the following two excerpts from the FBI report found on pages 414 and 415 of Warren Commission Volume 24 are nothing but lies as well:

"On June 12, 1964, four .38 Special cartridge cases...were shown to Captain G.M. Doughty of the Dallas Police Department. .... Captain Doughty identified his marking on one of these cases. .... Captain Doughty stated this is the same shell which he obtained from Barbara Jeanette Davis at Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963." -- CE2011; Page 7

"On June 12, 1964, the same four cartridge cases...were shown by Special Agent Bardwell D. Odum to Detective C.N. Dhority, Homicide Division Dallas Police Department. .... Detective Dhority identified his marking on one of these cartridge cases. .... He stated this is the same cartridge case which he obtained from Virginia Davis, Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963." -- CE2011; Page 8

(Also see Pages 266-269 of Dale Myers' book "With Malice"; 1998 Edition.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:32:56 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2021, 03:21:11 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2021, 03:49:31 AM »
You have a predilection for highlighting while at the same time omitting the essential part of my post. Oops!

Mr. BALL. Did you identify anybody in these four people?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I didn't know nobody.
Mr. BALL. I know you didn't know anybody, but did anybody in that lineup look like anybody you had seen before?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No. I had never seen none of them, none of these men.
Mr. BALL. No one of the four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No one of them.
Mr. BALL. No one of all four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.

Try again!

JohnM

:D

Unless your claim is that the Tippit shooting happened AFTER the lineup, Mr Mytton, you're going to have to get over the fact that Ms Markham says over and over again that she had never seen any of the men before-------------meaning (obviously!) prior to the lineup. She did NOT recognize Mr Oswald as the man who had shot Officer Tippit.

Of course, if Mr Ball were in an earlier phase of questioning and were asking her 'Now the man you saw shoot the officer, had you ever seen him before? Did you recognize him as someone you had seen anytime in the past?', then your argument would be non-laughable. Unfortunately, that's not what Mr Ball is asking here, so your argument is.......... how do I put this kindly?........ the precise opposite of non-laughable.

Why do you embarrass yourself like this, Mr Mytton?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2021, 03:53:15 AM »

Quite the contrary, Mr. Cakebread. The "warped brain" is possessed by the conspiracy theorists who are constantly bending over backwards in order to pretend that virtually all of the evidence that hangs Mr. Oswald is tainted or fraudulent---without a bit of proof to show that any of it was actually faked. A CTer's suspicions about the evidence is more than enough "proof" for them.

In reality, of course, my 2013 statement concerning Oswald and the Tippit murder is a perfectly accurate quote given the sum total of the evidence as it exists in the Tippit case.

why would he use a phony name then ?

Regarding some of the physical evidence in the Tippit case....

There's absolutely nothing "tainted" or "suspicious" when it comes to the two bullet shells found by Barbara and Virginia Davis in their side yard on 11/22/63. There's a clear and distinct chain of possession for each of those shell casings—going from each Davis girl straight into the hands of two different Dallas Police Department officers.

Oh, yes, I expect Walter Cakebread to storm back into this discussion very shortly and argue that he knows for a fact that the DPD markings that exist on the two bullet shells found by the Davis girls—those being the markings put there by Detective C.N. Dhority and Crime Lab Captain George M. Doughty (one bullet shell each)—are in some fashion fraudulent, manufactured, or fake, and therefore should be discarded as "real" evidence in the J.D. Tippit murder investigation. But a conspiracy theorist's suspicions about those two shells do not add up to anything even remotely resembling "proof" that the shells are not legitimate evidence.

And I suppose that Walt will also argue that the following two excerpts from the FBI report found on pages 414 and 415 of Warren Commission Volume 24 are nothing but lies as well:

"On June 12, 1964, four .38 Special cartridge cases...were shown to Captain G.M. Doughty of the Dallas Police Department. .... Captain Doughty identified his marking on one of these cases. .... Captain Doughty stated this is the same shell which he obtained from Barbara Jeanette Davis at Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963." -- CE2011; Page 7

"On June 12, 1964, the same four cartridge cases...were shown by Special Agent Bardwell D. Odum to Detective C.N. Dhority, Homicide Division Dallas Police Department. .... Detective Dhority identified his marking on one of these cartridge cases. .... He stated this is the same cartridge case which he obtained from Virginia Davis, Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963." -- CE2011; Page 8

(Also see Pages 266-269 of Dale Myers' book "With Malice"; 1998 Edition.)

The "warped brain" is possessed by the conspiracy theorists who are constantly bending over backwards in order to pretend that virtually all of the evidence that hangs Mr. Oswald is tainted or fraudulent-

We agree on that point.....One of my pet peeves are those who believe that all of the evidence is tainted or fraudulent.   

They deny every bit of evidence from the BY photo to the Walker hoax.....  and many other things that if they would use their heads they would know that the evidence is real....

The denial that Lee had his photo taken while  holding a carcano is one of the things that irritate me.     There is no doubt that CE 133A is a real photo .....BUT  Not All four of the photos are real.....  Lee told Fritz that the photo that Fritz showed him was a fake.... And he knew what he was talking about.....Because Fritz had to have shown him the photo that we know as 133c . and 133c is a damned fake, just as Lee proclaimed.    We can know that the photo Fritz had in his possession was 133c because CE 133A &B were still in Lee's sea bag in the Paines garage    at the time that Fritz displayed the photo to Lee. CE 133A &B had not yet been found at the time Fritz displayed a BY photo to Lee.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2021, 03:53:15 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2021, 03:56:06 AM »
:D

Unless your claim is that the Tippit shooting happened AFTER the lineup, Mr Mytton, you're going to have to get over the fact that Ms Markham says over and over again that she had never seen any of the men before-------------meaning (obviously!) prior to the lineup. She did NOT recognize Mr Oswald as the man who had shot Officer Tippit.

Of course, if Mr Ball were in an earlier phase of questioning and were asking her 'Now the man you saw shoot the officer, had you ever seen him before? Did you recognize him as someone you had seen anytime in the past?', then your argument would be non-laughable. Unfortunately, that's not what Mr Ball is asking here, so your argument is.......... how do I put this kindly?........ the precise opposite of non-laughable.

Why do you embarrass yourself like this, Mr Mytton?

Markham was quite specific that she picked the number 2 man as the man that murdered Tippit and that number 2 man was Oswald. Double Oops!

Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two is the one I picked.  -----

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 04:04:17 AM »
Markham was quite specific that she picked the number 2 man as the man that murdered Tippit and that number 2 man was Oswald. Double Oops!

Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two is the one I picked.  -----

JohnM

Nice deflection from your catastrophically unsuccessful attempt at semantic escapology, Mr Mytton! (Not since your glorious 'When Oswald said P. Parade he obviously meant the part of the parade after JFK was shot' have I laughed so much, so thank you for that)

As for the reliability of Ms Markham's gothic "I got the chills when I looked in his eyes" story of her eventual under-pressure 'IDing' of Mr Oswald, whose face she has just several times stated she did NOT recognize------------------------if you swallow that then you'll swallow anything. Which, being a Warren Gullible, is of course your forte! Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 04:04:17 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2021, 04:08:19 AM »
Quote from: Walt Cakebread
There is no doubt that CE 133A is a real photo. BUT Not All four of the photos are real.

What possible reason would anybody have had for wanting to create FAKE photos when at least one REAL photo showing the exact same thing already existed?

That makes no logical sense at all.

Please elaborate, Walt, on why you think a band of plotters/photo-fakers would want to do such a silly thing?

Why wasn't the ONE REAL PHOTO enough for them?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 04:10:03 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2021, 04:14:20 AM »
There's absolutely nothing "tainted" or "suspicious" when it comes to the two bullet shells found by Barbara and Virginia Davis in their side yard on 11/22/63. There's a clear and distinct chain of possession for each of those shell casings
So said the Dallas police.
I do think that statement on your DVP page was moderately funny though it was of course considerably over the top.
Regarding the Markham testimony.. it is too bad that [Gaslighter in Chief] John Mytton was not there to interpret her statements for Joseph Ball who was obviously confused :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2021, 04:14:20 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2021, 04:20:44 AM »
I do think that statement on your DVP page was moderately funny though it was of course considerably over the top.

But it's also 100% accurate (based on the Tippit evidence).

Regarding the Markham testimony, it is too bad that...John Mytton was not there to interpret her statements for Joseph Ball who was obviously confused :)

I agree with John M. regarding Markham.

I think it's quite obvious what Markham meant when she said she had never seen any of the men in the lineup BEFORE.
By "before", she thought Ball meant PRIOR TO NOV. 22, had you ever seen any of those men?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 04:35:42 AM by David Von Pein »