Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22146 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »
Advertisement
I've provided an image of the rifle on the floor + between boxes. And proving quantum theory as a bonus: An object
can appear in two places at the same time.. in this case on the floor AND between boxes!

So you're now saying that not only can an object can appear in two places at the same time ( snicker  ::) ) but the object can appear to be shifted from vertical to horizontal ??

I created this gif from the Alyea footage.
It shows the moment just before Day picks up the rifle.
Fritz has entered the area in the boxes where the rifle is hid.
The footage shows the butt of the rifle at Fritz's feet and it is in the upright position. The footage is very poor quality but the rifle butt is possible to make out (note - the white cloth (visible in the photo you posted) is clearly visible in this footage)
The rifle is in the upright position when it is found.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2021, 04:16:46 PM »
I created this gif from the Alyea footage.
It shows the moment just before Day picks up the rifle.
Fritz has entered the area in the boxes where the rifle is hid.
The footage shows the butt of the rifle at Fritz's feet and it is in the upright position. The footage is very poor quality but the rifle butt is possible to make out (note - the white cloth (visible in the photo you posted) is clearly visible in this footage)
The rifle is in the upright position when it is found.

Thanks for your effort Dan.....  But I believe that your wrong about the rifle being upright at Fritz's feet...As you've pointed out the image is very poor but it looks like the light colored metal of the butt plate can be seen in the horizontal position.  Also I don't believe that Captain Fritz was right there within inches of the rifle......   Fritz was standing just to the east of the vertical column and if he had been within inches of the rifle it would have been the muzzle end of the rifle, NOT the butt of the rifle.

I wonder if the ( image of the rifle ?) at Fritz's feet was taken when they staged the in situ photo.

Could someone create frame by frame images of Fritz standing among the boxes?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 04:30:03 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »
You were the one who posted "what did it matter", not me.

I don't care what you do but at least be a man of your own convictions.

Benavides testified under oath that he figured the man was Oswald, what more do you want and I noticed you ignored the mountain of other eyewitnesses, but you never were one to consider evidence that upsets your unique worldview.

Well considering you never acknowledged the majority of the eyewitnesses of what I posted, then if it takes an even bigger emoji, I certainly will! Thumb1:

JohnM

WAS LEE OSWALD QUESTIONED ABOUT THE MURDER OF JD TIPPITT?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2021, 04:58:59 PM »
I'd say that as Day was bending down to get the file, he simultaneously used right his hand to move the box aside slightly and his left to clutch the strap near the butt end.. resulting in the rifle angling toward vertical.. at least until he brought the right hand to bear as he rose up.

Yes, the rifle does swing into the vertical position, when Day lifts it....But the butt plate was horizontal ( parallel with the floor) before he started lifting the rifle.

THE TOM ALYEA FILM (TAKEN FROM INSIDE THE TEXAS ...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/

I wish that I knew how to present this clip,  frame by frame.....But the frame shows Captain Fritz in the dark suit to the rear of Lt Day as Day holds the carcano by the leather sling....    Apparently Day has switched his hands around because when he picked the rifle up from the flor he grabbed the leather sling with his left hand.....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:29:27 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »

Yes, the rifle does swing into the vertical position, when Day lifts it....But the butt plate was horizontal ( parallel with the floor) before he started lifting the rifle.

THE TOM ALYEA FILM (TAKEN FROM INSIDE THE TEXAS ...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/

It makes no difference if the rifle was found laying flat or propped up by the boxes (as seen in the WC photo)
Claiming conspiracy based on such a minor occurrence is utter insanity

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2021, 12:57:17 AM »
It makes no difference if the rifle was found laying flat or propped up by the boxes (as seen in the WC photo)
Claiming conspiracy based on such a minor occurrence is utter insanity

Statements like this illustrate how shallow you think....   It's NOT a minor point....  The rifle was found Laying on it's side beneath the pallet of boxes of books ....No fleeing sniper could have hid that rifle there AFTER the shots were fired ....It would have taken several minutes to hide the rifle as it was hidden.    Thus, whoever hid that rifle hid it BEFORE the shooting.....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:20:34 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2021, 01:42:34 AM »
Statements like this illustrate how shallow you think....   It's NOT a minor point....  The rifle was found Laying on it's side beneath the pallet of boxes of books ....No fleeing sniper could have hid that rifle there AFTER the shots were fired ....It would have taken several minutes to hide the rifle as it was hidden.    Thus, whoever hid that rifle hid it BEFORE the shooting.....

You're the shallow one around here as amply demonstrated by your treatment of DVP, JohnM et al
Im surprised that anyone would put up with that; why don't you bugger off to a CTer forum
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:12:18 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2021, 01:42:34 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2021, 02:13:11 AM »
From May 2013....

WALT CAKEBREAD SAID:

It would have taken several minutes to place the rifle in position and then cover it with paper and boxes of books.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Absolute nonsense. You make it sound like he was constructing the Pyramids.

FWIW, it's my own opinion (based on LHO's clipboard being found very near this same area of the stairs and rifle) that Oswald likely pre-arranged his rifle-stashing area near the stairwell in advance of 12:30 PM.

But even if he didn't pre-arrange it, Walt's theory is just more of the same over-the-top dreck that Walt always utilizes in order to keep from having to admit what the evidence so plainly shows--and that is:

Walt's favorite "patsy" was, in truth, the assassin of President Kennedy -- and Oswald himself hid his own rifle in those boxes before fleeing down the nearby stairway.

Simple and Occam-like. But Walt likes the "Pyramids" approach better.

DAVID VON PEIN LATER SAID:

[A conspiracy theorist going by the username] "Curt Jester", in his post linked HERE, is assigning ludicrous levels of assumed perfection to things that can never be pinned down that accurately.

All of these "timelines" revolving around Vickie Adams, Sandra Styles, Bill Shelley, Marrion Baker, and also Lee Harvey Oswald can only be estimated to a certain degree, and can never be micro-analyzed right down to the second....and everybody knows it (even "Curt Jester").

If Vickie Adams' timeline...is off just a TINY little bit--then Oswald can make it. That's all it takes. And yet a whole book has been written by Barry Ernest that focuses chiefly on a theory that is completely destroyed if Miss Adams is just SLIGHTLY off in her time estimate.

And yet, even though most readers SHOULD realize that Ernest's whole book is based on a TIME ESTIMATE given by a witness, Ernest's book has, amazingly, received glowing reviews from the Amazon readers, averaging 4.4 stars (out of 5 maximum) at Amazon.com (through this writing on May 7, 2013).

It goes to show how eager the public is to disbelieve the Warren Commission, and how eager and willing they are to base their pro-conspiracy thinking on something as flimsy as one witness' estimate of when she started down those Book Depository stairs. Kinda sad, isn't it?

More....
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/07/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-743.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 02:15:47 AM by David Von Pein »