Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 21829 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »
Advertisement
It seems strange that Lee Oswald was officially arrested for the murder of DPD officer JD Tippit, But as near as I can tell he wasn't interrogated extensively for that crime.   

Captain Fritz knew that Lee had left the rooming house at about 1:03 pm, and he knew that Helen Markham had sworn that she had witnessed the murder of officer Tippit at 1:06. And there's no way to deny that Fritz had this information while he was interrogating Lee Oswald.....and yet I don't recall that Fritz asked him anything about his whereabouts from 1:03 until 1:15 .    ????

Perhaps it was because several people had identified LHO as either the murderer of Tippit, or fleeing the Tippit murder scene, or acting suspiciously in front of the nearby shoe store, or entering the Texas Theater without paying. Fritz probably already believed he had enough information about his whereabouts during that time period. There were plenty of other questions Fritz wanted to ask. Why waste time asking about something that was apparently already answered?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »
Psssst..... Mr "Smith" there were other men in the interrogation room, (Men who Fritz could not control) Fritz wasn't so crazy as to ask a question that might draw an answer that he didn't want recorded....  A question like:...Tell me about the bus ride to the theater Lee....    Was there anybody on that bus that you knew, a former neighbor perhaps?

What if Lee had answered;     Well yes as a matter of fact Mrs Jones was on the bus, I know her because she was a neighbor  who used to talk to Marina and Junie.....

Oh good.  So we can rely on the answers given during the interrogation and forget about all those objections CTers have raised because it was not taped or transcribed.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 03:39:46 PM »
Perhaps it was because several people had identified LHO as either the murderer of Tippit, or fleeing the Tippit murder scene, or acting suspiciously in front of the nearby shoe store, or entering the Texas Theater without paying. Fritz probably already believed he had enough information about his whereabouts during that time period. There were plenty of other questions Fritz wanted to ask. Why waste time asking about something that was apparently already answered?

Yes indeed why waste time when a man's life is at stake.....  We don't need to listen to what he has to say....   Get a rope.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 03:39:46 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 04:33:29 PM »
Yes indeed why waste time when a man's life is at stake.....  We don't need to listen to what he has to say....   Get a rope.

No one anticipated what Jack Ruby did. If that hadn’t happened, and LHO had had time to lawyer-up, we would have heard all his lies before he was sent to the electric chair.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 04:48:35 PM »
No one anticipated what Jack Ruby did. If that hadn’t happened, and LHO had had time to lawyer-up, we would have heard all his lies before he was sent to the electric chair.

What is it that prevents you from seeing the truth??   None is so blind as he who will not open his eyes and see.....     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 04:48:35 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 06:57:14 PM »
What is it that prevents you from seeing the truth??   None is so blind as he who will not open his eyes and see.....   

I used to believe that there just had to be a conspiracy. Then I suspended that belief long enough to take a fresh look at the case with an open mind. And after doing so, I was able to see that my original belief was in error. Your mileage may vary. If you want to continue to believe in a conspiracy, that is your prerogative.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 07:08:53 PM »
I used to believe that there just had to be a conspiracy. Then I suspended that belief long enough to take a fresh look at the case with an open mind. And after doing so, I was able to see that my original belief was in error. Your mileage may vary. If you want to continue to believe in a conspiracy, that is your prerogative.

It would be a great comfort to abandon my senses and accept the fairy tale....   But my God given senses tell me that Lee Oswald was railroaded.    Of this there is no doubt.     

One thing that I've observed about the LNer's is they all have a blind hatred for Lee Oswald.    Lil Chappie even started a thread  " Oswald got what he deserved".....( to be lynched without a trial )   There are few men in history that I would say " He got what he deserved "   Even Adolph Hitler should have had his day in court.....   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 07:11:27 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 07:08:53 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 07:45:42 PM »
It would be a great comfort to abandon my senses and accept the fairy tale....   But my God given senses tell me that Lee Oswald was railroaded.    Of this there is no doubt.     

One thing that I've observed about the LNer's is they all have a blind hatred for Lee Oswald.    Lil Chappie even started a thread  " Oswald got what he deserved".....( to be lynched without a trial )   There are few men in history that I would say " He got what he deserved "   Even Adolph Hitler should have had his day in court.....

Why would anyone single out Oswald for "blind hatred" in order to blame him for this crime?  No one hated Oswald before 11.22 and decided to blame him for the assassination as a result.  It's the evidence that confirms Oswald is a double murderer rather than any animosity toward him.  Should Oswald have gotten his day in court?  Sure.  In a perfect world even the worst of the worst are entitled to a trial but an opinion expressed 60 years after the fact that he got what he deserved is valid.  The penalty for murder in Texas was death (certainly in the days before the liberals made it almost impossible to enforce the law).