Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Do LNs fret about the possibility their conclusions shield complicit parties?  (Read 12524 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Advertisement
Lifton has stirred this up during the past couple of days. In addition, why are you not concerned to the degree you might choose to be less
resolute in concluding what happened and where guilt lies, given that the Secret Service reported to the WC inability to obtain any
recorded media of the Perry/Clark 22 November afternoon Parkland Hospital press conference or even a transcript of that press
conference and the ARRB revelation of a copy of that transcript addressed to SS chief Rowley and stamped with the date November 25, 1963?

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/master_med_set/pdf/md41.pdf

Some of you get bent out of shape when  others are accused of being complicit in the Assassination of JFK, but what is the degree of harm,
save for the arrest and prosecution of Clay Shaw, of accusations against individuals, vs. the degree of harm in firmly concluding that Oswald
and presumably Ruby, acted alone, two days apart?

November 24, 1963:

Link to download entire page image including article excerpt, above.: http://jfkforum.com/images/San_Diego_Union_1963-11-24_7 (1).png

Transcript page of June, 1967 CBS News Special Report:

Inviolate | Define Inviolate at Dictionary.com
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/inviolate
Inviolate definition, free from violation, injury, desecration, or outrage

vs. transcription in book covering that CBS News Special Report.: (Consider that the book, not the transcript, was the expected public distribution)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:04:04 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

Do I fret about the possibility of the real assassins of JFK getting away with murder? No.

Do I fret about the possibility that Charles Mason was and is crazy but was actually innocent of murders and the real mastermind escaped justice? No.

What harm might CTers be doing?

Destroying people?s belief in Democracy, which is why the Communists have always supported the JFK conspiracy theories. They think it can only help them. Has it? Well, in the battle between the world becoming Democracies or Totalitarian governments, I think Democracies are doing pretty well. There have been some setbacks, but they are doing well. Within five years, for the first time in history, the world?s most populous country will be a Democracy. I think I can see how the trend of history is going.

Offline John Mytton

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, this whole debate is pretty much influenced by the CTs and it seems that most CTs nowadays are only interested in being Oswald defence lawyers hence the debate is always centered around Oswald's specific guilt or innocence and when these hardcore fanatics are pressed to divulge a conspirator we are confronted with "we don't have to prove anything, now you prove Oswald was guilty", again, again and again, rinse wash repeat.
I'm sure a lot of Lners like myself would like to explore a possible conspiracy beyond Oswald's clear guilt but as has already been established the modern CTs don't seem interested or perhaps this is the conspirators plan to influence the weak minded, keep the debate away from the conspirators and focus on Oswald so when any topic strays into their possible guilt they gently guide it back on course.
Were Lane and Garrison the original disinfo artists?

JohnM
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:19:36 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

Do I fret about the possibility of the real assassins of JFK getting away with murder? No.

Do I fret about the possibility that Charles Mason was and is crazy but was actually innocent of murders and the real mastermind escaped justice? No.

What harm might CTers be doing?

Destroying people?s belief in Democracy, which is why the Communists have always supported the JFK conspiracy theories. They think it can only help them. Has it? Well, in the battle between the world becoming Democracies or Totalitarian governments, I think Democracies are doing pretty well. There have been some setbacks, but they are doing well. Within five years, for the first time in history, the world?s most populous country will be a Democracy. I think I can see how the trend of history is going.

Joe....who did you claim undermined democracy?

https://books.google.com/books?...

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/perry_m1.htm
March 30, 1964
Mr. SPECTER - At about what time did that call come to you, doctor?
Dr. PERRY - I am not real sure about that but probably around 2 o'clock.
Mr. SPECTER - What action, if any, did you take in response to that call?
Dr. PERRY - I put in a page for Dr. Baxter and Dr. McClelland since they were also involved, and went down to the emergency room where I met Mr. Hawkes and Dr. Clark. And from there we went up to classrooms one and two which had been combined into a large press room, and was packed with gentlemen and ladies of the press.
Mr. SPECTER - Did you express a professional opinion that that did, in fact, happen or it was a matter of speculation that it could have happened?
Dr. PERRY - I expressed it as a matter of speculation that this was conceivable. But, again, Dr. Clark and I emphasize that we had no way of knowing.
Mr. SPECTER - Have you now recounted as specifically as you can recollect what occurred at that first press conference or is it practical for you to give any further detail to the contents of that press conference?
Dr. PERRY - I do not recall any specific details any further than that--
Representative FORD - Mr. Specter was there ever a recording kept of the questions and answers at that interview, Dr. Perry?
Dr. PERRY - This was one of the things I was mad about, Mr. Ford. There were microphones, and cameras, and the whole bit,
as you know, and during the course of it a lot of these hypothetical situations and questions that were asked to us would often be asked by someone on this side and recorded by some one on this, and I don't know who was recorded and whether they were broadcasting it directly. There were tape recorders there and there were television cameras with their microphones. I know there were recordings made but who made them I don't know and, of course, portions of it would be given to this group and questions answered here and, as a result, considerable questions were not answered in their entirety and even some of them that were asked, I am sure were misunderstood. It was bedlam.
Representative FORD - I was thinking, was there an official recording either made by the hospital officials or by the White House people or by any government agency?
Dr. PERRY - Not to my knowledge.
Representative FORD - A true recording of everything that was said, the questions asked, and the answers given?
Dr. PERRY - Not to my knowledge.
Mr. DULLES - Was there any reasonably good account in any of the press of this interview?
Dr. PERRY - No, sir.

https://maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11077&relPageId=2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:55:46 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Joe Elliott

Joe....who did you claim undermined democracy?

Mark Lane, Jim Garrison, Oliver Stone, among others.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Mark Lane, Jim Garrison, Oliver Stone, among others.

Dulles, Helmes, etc......or are you just concerned about US democracy?

Offline John Iacoletti

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, this whole debate is pretty much influenced by the CTs and it seems that most CTs nowadays are only interested in being Oswald defence lawyers hence the debate is always centered around Oswald's specific guilt or innocence and when these hardcore fanatics are pressed to divulge a conspirator we are confronted with "we don't have to prove anything, now you prove Oswald was guilty", again, again and again, rinse wash repeat.
I'm sure a lot of Lners like myself would like to explore a possible conspiracy beyond Oswald's clear guilt but as has already been established the modern CTs don't seem interested or perhaps this is the conspirators plan to influence the weak minded, keep the debate away from the conspirators and focus on Oswald so when any topic strays into their possible guilt they gently guide it back on course.
Were Lane and Garrison the original disinfo artists?

It's nobody's fault but their own that the LN faithful have utterly failed to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.  Desperate attempts to shift the burden don't change that.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

Dulles, Helmes, etc......or are you just concerned about US democracy?

I am concerned about all Democracies. And acknowledge that not all enemies of Democracy are CTers. But most are.