Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Help re Black Dog Man recreation photo?  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Chris Scally

Help re Black Dog Man recreation photo?
« on: September 16, 2021, 08:48:27 PM »
Advertisement
All,

I know I've seen, sometime in the (distant?) past, a recreation of the famous Willis 5 "Black Dog Man" figure, but the recreation was a photo of a researcher (?) in the Black Dog Man location, but the photo was taken from a point probably on the steps up from the street above and behind the posed Black Dog Man figure, and looking down towards Elm Street. Does anyone have a copy - or know where I might find a copy of - that posed photo, please?

Any help would be very greatly received.

Thanks in anticipation.

JFK Assassination Forum

Help re Black Dog Man recreation photo?
« on: September 16, 2021, 08:48:27 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
Re: Help re Black Dog Man recreation photo?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »
All,

I know I've seen, sometime in the (distant?) past, a recreation of the famous Willis 5 "Black Dog Man" figure, but the recreation was a photo of a researcher (?) in the Black Dog Man location, but the photo was taken from a point probably on the steps up from the street above and behind the posed Black Dog Man figure, and looking down towards Elm Street. Does anyone have a copy - or know where I might find a copy of - that posed photo, please?

Any help would be very greatly received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Is this the one, Chris? It's not the best quality i'm afraid.

The researcher in the BDM position on the left photograph is Gary Shaw.

The photo on the right shows Gordon Arnold where he claimed to have stood.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 03:20:33 PM »

The Gary Shaw photo may reflect a decade's worth of erosion and subsidence since the assassination. The interior corner ground area has since been restored causing the ground level to be raised. So maybe someone standing there in 1963 might not have the concealment that Gary Shaw took advantage of.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline Chris Scally

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 09:49:53 AM »
Duncan and Jerry,

That is, indeed, the photo I was looking for. Many thanks indeed for your help - much appreciated. 

Chris

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 06:05:23 PM »
Is this the one, Chris? It's not the best quality i'm afraid.

The researcher in the BDM position on the left photograph is Gary Shaw.

The photo on the right shows Gordon Arnold where he claimed to have stood.

If you go to the bold black bar on the bottom, it will move the pictures around.
For the figure of Dog Man, I think it is Clarence Kelley. Clarence Kelley would have been one of the fake Secret Service agents who controlled the Grassy Knoll area on November 22, 1963. He was rewarded for doing this by Richard Nixon who appointed him as FBI director when J. Edgar Hoover died.

Here is what Clarence Kelley looked like on November 22, 1963. He is the man wearing the hat, glasses, and trench coat standing up by the concrete arcade by the Grassy Knoll in these Allen photographs.

In this Skaggs photograph, it appears that he has taken off his trench coat and is now in front of the TSBD.

Here is a Betzner photograph with Black Dog Man in it.

Here are a Betzner photograph and Willis photograph both showing Black Dog Man

And another copy of Willis 5.

Here is what Clarence Kelley looked like in the 1970s.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 06:17:11 PM by Michael Welch »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 06:05:23 PM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 11:17:27 PM »
As with Beverly Oliver, I don't believe his story at all.

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2023, 02:11:56 AM »
As with Beverly Oliver, I don't believe his story at all.

Hi Sean, I hope that you are doing well! What is interesting about Gordon Arnold is he gave us Badge Man. Then Jack White and Gary Mack made up a picture with Badge Man, Gordon Arnold, and Railway Man in it. Later Badge man was found in the Hughes frames, and I asked Duncan if it really was a policeman not wearing a hat, and Duncan said yes! I just found a film with a picture of a soldier in summer uniform wearing a garrison cap and possibly carrying a camera in a Murray photograph. With Beverly Oliver, I recently found a Murray photograph with her possibly in it. In other pictures the Babushka Lady is wearing black flats like Beverly has said are supposed to have yellow street marker paint on the bottoms of them. Her camera does not seem to be the movie projector type, so she lied about that aspect, in my opinion. But the pictures of the Babushka Lady depict a younger woman and not an older woman like some have suggested, in my opinion. Here are some different pictures below. Thank you for your valuable input! Sincerely yours, Michael

In this Hughes frame Badge Man is supposed to be at the far left middle; Clarence Kelley is at the far middle right, in my opinion.

In this Murray photograph, if you go straight to the back past the wooden posts, there appears to be a man on the left hand side in a summer army uniform wearing a garrison cap and possibly carrying a camera in his right hand who could be Gordon Arnold.

In this Murray photograph which is seldom seen, you have a young woman with black bangs coming out of a head scarf who could be Beverly Oliver.

This is what Beverly Arnold looked like in 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2023, 02:11:56 AM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2023, 10:56:11 AM »