Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Windows facing Dal Tex for inspection  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

• Zapruder Frames
Re: Windows facing Dal Tex for inspection
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Then how did he know the person he saw actually took a shot?

I assume he heard the rifle as it fired and that the rifle moved a modest amount. I don't think he needed to explain that to police or the WC.

"I was looking at the man in this window at the time of the last explosion."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »
Any opinions on how these bricks got smashed???

If you look at photos of the sniper's nest taken the day of the assassination, (boxes in place), the bricks running down to the bottom of the window ledge are Not Chipped/Crumbling. The damage we are seeing on the bricks occurred at some point After 11/22/63.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:12:44 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 08:11:19 PM »
I assume he heard the rifle as it fired and that the rifle moved a modest amount. I don't think he needed to explain that to police or the WC.

How is it that nobody else seen him?? it just does not add up with what most likely would be the case, ie a few would have noticed him enough to make statements at least to seeing a silhouette
Brennan and that window were not very close and the distance in height complicates it, even further as does the glare on the glass of the top portion due to the sunlight, I suspect all he seen was a silhouette, of a person who was probably laying down by the brickwork under the window ready to plant the shells and probably to stick a metal pipe out there to confuse the firing point, Brennan might well have seen such person carrying out this process as part of the conspiracy, but I would bet my life it was not L.H.O
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:14:00 PM by Michael O'Brian »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »
    If you look at photos of the sniper's nest taken the day of the assassination, (boxes in place), the bricks running down to the bottom of the window ledge are Not Chipped/Crumbling. The damage we are seeing on the bricks occurred at some point After 11/22/63.

Yes thanks for that Royell I noticed this, just wondering why or how that damage got there.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »

But he didn't say that the rifle moved.  He said he saw no recoil.  So it was just an assumption that the noise he heard came from the rifle he supposedly saw.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

• Zapruder Frames
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 10:45:02 PM »
But he didn't say that the rifle moved.  He said he saw no recoil.  So it was just an assumption that the noise he heard came from the rifle he supposedly saw.

Maybe he thought they meant a substantial movement when they asked about a recoil, rather than some little momentary bounce he might have seen. Is there any other place than this WC exchange where Brennan says he didn't see the rifle fired?

His affidavit says he did and he has said so, I believe, in several interviews.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »
 Brennan states the same thing four different times to four different interviewers. Three of them on 11/22.

Brennan Sheriffs Affidavit 11/22:

"I then saw this man I have described in the window and he was taking aim with a high powered rifle. I could see all of the barrel of the gun. I do not know if it had a scope on it or not. I was looking at the man in this window at the time of the last explosion. "

"Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight. He did not seem to be in any hurry. "

---------------------------------------------------

FBI Affidavit 11/22:

"The man he observed in the window had what appeared to be a "heavy" rifle in his hands. He could not tell whether or not this rifle had a telescopic sight, as the rifle was protruding only about half its length outside the window. He was positive that after he had observed this man in the window, he saw this person take "deliberate aim" and fire a shot. He then observed this person take the rifle from his shoulder and hold it by the barrel of the rifle, as if he were resting the but of the rifle on the floor. He said this individual observed the scene on the street below, momentarily, and then stepped back from the window"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brennan 11/23 Dallas Morning News by Kent Biffle.

"After the first shot, I looked up and saw him. The gun was sticking out the window. I saw him fire a second time."

He was a slender guy, a nice looking guy. He didn't seem to ne in no hurry," said Brennan

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again Brennan states he seen the rifle fired on 1/7/64 in an FBI Report.

"The car passed out of sight and shortly thereafter, he heard one shot, which he first believed to have been a firecracker, and he immediately looked toward the TSBD building and saw a man on the sixth floor in the same window, near the southeast corner of the building, and noticed that this man took deliberate aim and shot the rifle again. "

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »
Brennan states the same thing four different times to four different interviewers. Three of them on 11/22.

Those aren't the same at all.  First he says he saw all of the barrel and just says he was looking at the man, not that he saw him fire.  Then he says the rifle was protruding half its length and he saw the shot fired.  3 of those quotes indicate that he saw the second shot fired and doesn't mention a third shot at all.  But as long as Brennan is visible in the Z film (long after the alleged missed first shot) he is looking at the motorcade.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 09:57:05 AM »
He is looking at the man, the man has a rifle, Brennan notes the explosion but he doesn't see him fire the rifle?   Brennan immediately tells the police where the shots came from but he doesn't see him fire the rifle?

OK, I must be missing the logic in that reasoning.

Actually Brennan was correct on both accounts. Unlike a sporting rifle, a militay rifle like the carcano  rifle has a hand guard which only exposes part of the total barrel. Brennan states he seen 1/2 of the rifle which he did but he also stated he seen the entire barrel which he did. He seen the entire portion of the barrel that was not covered by the handguard and 1/2 of the rifle would be the barrel portion up to the receiver.

The reason Brennan does not mention a third shot is because two shots total is all Brennan stated he heard. What is also constant in all four of Brennan's different statements is he noted the shooter was in no hurry and definitely was not in a frenzy to fire the rifle three times in the 5 second time frame. That in itself explains why there were so many eyewitnesses who stated they heard only two shots.

Offline Terry Gilbert

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 05:15:16 PM »

Michael, it is not my first post. I had never seen that picture before. Just thought it looked funny. Got some questions for you. Was the window of the TSBD facing the Dal- Tex open so the shooter

could shoot through it and the snipers nest window of the TSBD?  Wouldn't the person in the window that Brennan seen and the nest of boxes make it harder for the shooter in the Dal-Tex to find

and hit his target?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 05:15:16 PM »