Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963  (Read 5573 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 08:08:13 PM »
Advertisement
I am of the firm opinion that 3 shots were fired from the 6th floor of the TSBD (although not by Oswald).
A major problem for this opinion is the amount of ear-witnesses who heard shots coming from the west of the TSBD (railroad/grassy knoll area).

In her WC testimony, Geneva Hine describes how intense the sound of the shots was in the building:

Mr. BALL Could you tell where the shots were coming from?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir; they came from inside the building.
Mr. BALL. How do you know that?
Miss HINE. Because the building vibrated from the result of the explosion coming in.
Mr. BALL. It appeared to you that the shots came from the building?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you know they were shots at the time?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir; they sounded almost like cannon shots they were so terrific.

Hine was on the second floor so the sound on the 6th floor must've been even more intense.

The pic below is taken from the Ted Hughes film and shows the south-western windows of the 6th floor open to their fullest extent.

Might it be possible that the sound of the booming, reverberating shots ("like a cannon") exploding out of these windows gave ear-witnesses the distinct impression the sound of the shots was coming from the west of the TSBD?

Just a thought.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 08:08:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 08:50:20 PM »
I am of the firm opinion that 3 shots were fired from the 6th floor of the TSBD (although not by Oswald).
A major problem for this opinion is the amount of ear-witnesses who heard shots coming from the west of the TSBD (railroad/grassy knoll area).

In her WC testimony, Geneva Hine describes how intense the sound of the shots was in the building:

Mr. BALL Could you tell where the shots were coming from?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir; they came from inside the building.
Mr. BALL. How do you know that?
Miss HINE. Because the building vibrated from the result of the explosion coming in.
Mr. BALL. It appeared to you that the shots came from the building?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you know they were shots at the time?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir; they sounded almost like cannon shots they were so terrific.

Hine was on the second floor so the sound on the 6th floor must've been even more intense.

The pic below is taken from the Ted Hughes film and shows the south-western windows of the 6th floor open to their fullest extent.

Might it be possible that the sound of the booming, reverberating shots ("like a cannon") exploding out of these windows gave ear-witnesses the distinct impression the sound of the shots was coming from the west of the TSBD?

Just a thought.

Dan, Do you believe that if the shots were fired from the 6th floor then the ladies at the windows on the fourth floor would have experienced even louder blasts than Mrs Hines?    ....And how about the three stooges who had their heads out of the fifth floor windows??   And if Mrs Hines senses were working, then she seems to be describing the blast from the muzzle of a rifle that was aimed in her general direction.  As I recall Mrs Hines was behind an EAST facing window on the second floor.... So if she heard the shots as " canon shots" then those shots most likely were fired from the west side of the Dal tex building which was across Houston street from the TSBD.   

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 11:21:32 PM »
Dan, Do you believe that if the shots were fired from the 6th floor then the ladies at the windows on the fourth floor would have experienced even louder blasts than Mrs Hines?    ....And how about the three stooges who had their heads out of the fifth floor windows??   And if Mrs Hines senses were working, then she seems to be describing the blast from the muzzle of a rifle that was aimed in her general direction.  As I recall Mrs Hines was behind an EAST facing window on the second floor.... So if she heard the shots as " canon shots" then those shots most likely were fired from the west side of the Dal tex building which was across Houston street from the TSBD.   

Hine has no reason to be anything other than totally honest about her recollection of the shots.
Debris fell on the heads of the three stooges as a result of the shots.
Eddie Piper describes the first floor window as shaking.

Dal Tex??
Really?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 11:21:32 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2021, 12:47:14 AM »
Hine has no reason to be anything other than totally honest about her recollection of the shots.
Debris fell on the heads of the three stooges as a result of the shots.
Eddie Piper describes the first floor window as shaking.

Dal Tex??
Really?

Yes... really.....  Even if you have no experience with fire arms common sense dictates that the closer you are to the source of the gun fire the louder the report.    AND the bang at the muzzle end of a rifle is much louder than the bang to the rear of the muzzle.....  In a confined space (Like the chasm between The TSBD and the Dal-Tex buildings) that muzzle blast is amplified.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 12:23:51 AM »
Yes... really.....  Even if you have no experience with fire arms common sense dictates that the closer you are to the source of the gun fire the louder the report.    AND the bang at the muzzle end of a rifle is much louder than the bang to the rear of the muzzle.....  In a confined space (Like the chasm between The TSBD and the Dal-Tex buildings) that muzzle blast is amplified.

Bollocks

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 12:23:51 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
Bollocks

I don't believe that there were any shots fired from the TSBD.   ( And I strongly believe the bullet that tore JFK's brain out of his skull was fired from the front.   AND .....I believe the bullet that struck Connally was fired from the rear.  The evidence points to these conclusions.    So it's possible that the bullet that struck Connally was fired from the Dal Tex.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »
I don't believe that there were any shots fired from the TSBD.   ( And I strongly believe the bullet that tore JFK's brain out of his skull was fired from the front.   AND .....I believe the bullet that struck Connally was fired from the rear.  The evidence points to these conclusions.    So it's possible that the bullet that struck Connally was fired from the Dal Tex.

I am of the opinion that three shots (and only three) were fired from the 6th floor of the TSBD.
The first shot went through both men.
The shot that blew JFK's head open was fired from behind.

"The evidence points to these conclusions"

If I recall correctly you refuse to examine the Zapruder footage, the most important piece of evidence in this case (IMO)
Excuse me if I take your pronouncements on where the evidence leads with a pinch of salt.

Treat this as a thought experiment - something you don't have to believe or accept.
If shots were fired on the 6th floor, could the booming, reverberation of these shots exiting the fully open windows at the south-west corner of the 6th floor, give the impression the shots were coming from the west of the TSBD to ear-witnesses in Dealey Plaza.
That was the point of my original post (# 35)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »
I am of the opinion that three shots (and only three) were fired from the 6th floor of the TSBD.
The first shot went through both men.
The shot that blew JFK's head open was fired from behind.

"The evidence points to these conclusions"

If I recall correctly you refuse to examine the Zapruder footage, the most important piece of evidence in this case (IMO)
Excuse me if I take your pronouncements on where the evidence leads with a pinch of salt.

Treat this as a thought experiment - something you don't have to believe or accept.
If shots were fired on the 6th floor, could the booming, reverberation of these shots exiting the fully open windows at the south-west corner of the 6th floor, give the impression the shots were coming from the west of the TSBD to ear-witnesses in Dealey Plaza.
That was the point of my original post (# 35)

Wow!...This is a tuff question....  And it calls for a speculative answer which would be based on a person experience with firearms and the sound of gunfire.

I'll wager that if you ask a combat veteran who had experienced gunfire if he could determine where the shots were being fired from, he would tell you that "Yes"  he could determine the location of the gun that was being fired.   

But in answer to your question.....I truly doubt that the sound of shots from inside of the TSBD could be mistaken for shots from  somewhere outside of the building...   I believe the building would act as a large muffler....So that the sounds of shots from INSIDE the building would not be very loud on the outside of the building.

I don't expect you to immediately jump "on my band wagon" ....but I hope that you'll see the absurdity in the claim of witnesses who were standing on the north side of Elm near the north pergola. They described the sound of the shot ( singular)as a very loud ear shattering explosion.  Commonsense dictates that this shot was not fired from INSDE the TSBD on the sixth floor.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:54:26 PM by Walt Cakebread »