Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 04:49:21 PM »
Advertisement
This is the same stunt he pulled on me when I said I didn't believe Oswald was a CIA agent. My response that I didn't think Oswald was one came after a number of people claimed Oswald indeed was an agent. The typical back and forth on who Oswald was sort of exchange.

He then asked me what my firsthand knowledge of intelligence operations was. Not, mind you, the people making the claim but me, disagreeing with the claim. So I cited the judgment of CIA people. Not good enough. Then KGB people. Not good enough. So the original challenge was both silly and dishonest. He wasn't going to accept the judgment of people with actual firsthand knowledge of the issue.

In any case, we have once again the claim that powerful groups (in numerous agencies and with numerous political views, e.g,. Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, all who hate each other) conspiring to kill the president in broad daylight with hundreds of people watching, many with cameras. And then altering much of the evidence to make it look like the shots came from behind when they came from elsewhere. And then covering this all up. For half a century.

This is sheer lunacy and at some point we have to recognize that we're trying to reason with people who believe in such lunacy. And act accordingly.

Oswald, the communist who frequently associated with anti-communists, most likely wasn’t a CIA officer but that doesn’t mean that the CIA or other intelligence agencies didn’t find him useful as an asset who could be manipulated for intelligence operations.

The fingerprints of the intelligence community are all over his biography from his participation in the Civil Air Patrol where he met David Ferrie to his fake FPFCC activism.

That intelligence agencies have covered up their knowledge and involvement with Oswald pre-November 22 doesn’t prove they were involved with JFK’s assassination. The innocent explanation is they’re embarrassed to be connected to the alleged assassin of a US President but played no direct role in the assassination.

The CIA no longer denies that they engaged in a coverup post-JFK assassination. So it’s legitimate to speculate about why they remain so secretive about some agents and operations from almost 60 years ago.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 04:49:21 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 05:01:48 PM »
Two plausible explanations for the Grassy Knoll issue:

A) a shooter at the grassy knoll was responsible for the wounds to Kennedy’s head and throat (the Parkland doctors thought the throat wound was an entry wound).

or

B) the grassy knoll shooter fired blanks to confuse the crowd and draw attention away from snipers in other locations. Some witnesses reported seeing puffs of smoke or flashes of light near the Grassy Knoll.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the crowd was drawn to the Knoll immediately after the assassination. Something happened there.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 05:11:07 PM »
IMO, this thread is a waste of your attention, if you allot your time to attempting to learn more to resolve potentially resolvable issues or at least head in that direction. The test? Nothing will be resolved here, it is distraction and that is the goal!

The domain renewal of jfklancer.com apparently has not happened, they may have lost control of the URL.

Deborah Conway will inform you of who is eliminated as a suspected Secret Service agent on the knoll.:

http://web.archive.org/web/20210127101040/http://www.jfklancer.com/knollagent/index.html

Captain James Powell contradicts the testimony of his former commanding officer, Col. Jones. :

Read the part covering the HSCA testimony of Col. Robert E. Jones, commander of military intelligence based in San Antonio after the page at the link above.

http://web.archive.org/web/20191108022201/http://www.jfklancer.com/RobertJones.html

James Powell said that he took the photo of the TSBD several minutes AFTER the shots were fired.... When comparing shadows ( shadow on the fire escape ladder ) in his photo against other photos taken during the shooting It's obvious that Powell took his photo BEFORE the shooting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 05:11:07 PM »

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 06:52:48 PM »
So you are suggesting that someone has to be an "expert" on sniper locations to conclude that standing out in the open is not the best place to murder someone and get away.  HA HA HA.  And using your own logic we must conclude you are in a position to dispute that seemingly obvious point because you are an "expert on sniper locations"?  And you are citing as support for this conclusion that members of the alleged conspiracy who were in the open were noticed?  And the best way to frame someone shooting JFK from behind is to shoot him from an entirely different location with an entirely different rifle thereby requiring a cover up of the evidence including bullets and wounds (i.e. necessitating access to the president's body and evidence after the fact) when all that complexity and risk could be avoided just by having your fantasy sniper fire the shots from the same location that your fantasy conspirators intend to frame their patsy using the MC rifle associated with him (i.e. the 6th floor window).   So entertaining.

:D
What exactly is an 'expert in sniper locations' anyway? And how do you become one?
I've met doctors, builders, chefs, taxi drivers, scientists, etc but I've never come across someone who's said "Oh, I'm an expert in sniper locations"

In all seriousness though, I do thiink Weidmann might be on to something. I mean, look at all historic accounts of snipers who have assassinated people in broad daylight and in full view of people and yet got away completely undetected.

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the crowd was drawn to the Knoll immediately after the assassination. Something happened there.

I queried this on here a few months back and I think the logical explanation seemed to be that someone told a policeman that the shots came from the grassy knoll and people followed him as he ran in that direction.
My initial query was that I thought it odd that so many people would have ran towards the knoll if they genuinely believed that's where the gunman was. Surely, most people's natural instinct would be to run away from that area?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 07:36:16 PM »
So they followed a policeman running towards a nonevent because....policeman.

Thumb1:

If you find the old thread, you'll notice that it was your fellow CTer friends who came up with that explanation so you're technically arguing against them, not me.

As I stated, I didn't really buy the theory and still believe most people would have ran away from the area if they genuinely believed that's where the shots were coming from.

But nice to see you taking a stance against the CTers for once rather than just being objective to LNers for the hell of it :)

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »
I don't have time to look for old threads so unclear what theory you once discussed or didn't buy.

Well I just told you.

Sorry, I should have highlighted which arguments were put forward by LNers and which were put forward by CTers so you knew which comment to automatically object against

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2021, 09:52:13 PM »
I queried this on here a few months back and I think the logical explanation seemed to be that someone told a policeman that the shots came from the grassy knoll and people followed him as he ran in that direction.
My initial query was that I thought it odd that so many people would have ran towards the knoll if they genuinely believed that's where the gunman was. Surely, most people's natural instinct would be to run away from that area?

I thought it odd that so many people would have ran towards the knoll if they genuinely believed that's where the gunman was. Surely, most people's natural instinct would be to run away from that area?

Perhaps, but There was more than one policeman converging on the Knoll and going toward the railroad yard behind the picket fence.... So I believe your initial explanation was probably correct....

I think the logical explanation seemed to be that someone told a policeman that the shots came from the grassy knoll and people followed him as he ran in that direction.

However, I doubt that anybody told the police that the shots came from behind the fence..... Those cops senses told them where the shots had came from...