Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963  (Read 5579 times)

Offline Gerry Down

The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963
« on: September 10, 2021, 02:03:25 AM »
Advertisement
3 minutes in on the below video. Apparently the DPD noticed men with rifles on the grassy knoll on the day before the assassination. Is there an official DPD or FBI report confirming that this occurred and the names of the officers who saw this?

JFK Assassination Forum

The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963
« on: September 10, 2021, 02:03:25 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The grassy knoll gunmen on Nov 21st 1963
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:48:21 PM »
3 minutes in on the below video. Apparently the DPD noticed men with rifles on the grassy knoll on the day before the assassination. Is there an official DPD or FBI report confirming that this occurred and the names of the officers who saw this?

I particularly like the part where experts examined film footage and determined without any  doubt that the bullet that blew John's brain out,was fired from in FRONT ......

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »
Anyone who has ever been to Dealey Plaza knows that the very last place that any assassin would have fired a shot from would be the grassy knoll.  It falsely appears to afford seclusion when viewed from Elm St.  From that perspective, the folks at the scene had cause to believe an assassin might have fired a shot from that location because it offered apparent seclusion and proximity to location of the assassination.  But behind that fence line, it is wide open to half of Dallas.  Impossible for anyone to stand there, fire the shots and escape unnoticed.  And that doesn't even get into the logical inconsistency of framing someone firing from behind by shooting JFK from in front. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:14:34 AM »
Anyone who has ever been to Dealey Plaza knows that the very last place that any assassin would have fired a shot from would be the grassy knoll.  It falsely appears to afford seclusion when viewed from Elm St.  From that perspective, the folks at the scene had cause to believe an assassin might have fired a shot from that location because it offered apparent seclusion and proximity to location of the assassination.  But behind that fence line, it is wide open to half of Dallas.  Impossible for anyone to stand there, fire the shots and escape unnoticed.  And that doesn't even get into the logical inconsistency of framing someone firing from behind by shooting JFK from in front.

Yes. And you'd have Lee Bowers, in an elevated tower, overlooking the entire fence line. Bit difficult to fire shots with someone looking at you like that.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 01:29:14 AM »

So now you are an expert on sniper locations, or do you simply watch too many movies?

Sometimes the best place to hide is in the open and where there not witnesses who saw men flashing law enforcement badges when no agency had anybody in the area?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:52:31 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 01:29:14 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »
So now you are an expert on sniper locations, or do you simply watch too many movies?

Sometimes the best place to hide is in the open and where there not witnesses who saw men flashing law enforcement badges when no agency had anybody in the area?

So you are suggesting that someone has to be an "expert" on sniper locations to conclude that standing out in the open is not the best place to murder someone and get away.  HA HA HA.  And using your own logic we must conclude you are in a position to dispute that seemingly obvious point because you are an "expert on sniper locations"?  And you are citing as support for this conclusion that members of the alleged conspiracy who were in the open were noticed?  And the best way to frame someone shooting JFK from behind is to shoot him from an entirely different location with an entirely different rifle thereby requiring a cover up of the evidence including bullets and wounds (i.e. necessitating access to the president's body and evidence after the fact) when all that complexity and risk could be avoided just by having your fantasy sniper fire the shots from the same location that your fantasy conspirators intend to frame their patsy using the MC rifle associated with him (i.e. the 6th floor window).   So entertaining.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 03:08:52 PM by Richard Smith »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 03:59:31 PM »
So you are suggesting that someone has to be an "expert" on sniper locations to conclude that standing out in the open is not the best place to murder someone and get away.  HA HA HA.  And using your own logic we must conclude you are in a position to dispute that seemingly obvious point because you are an "expert on sniper locations"?  And you are citing as support for this conclusion that members of the alleged conspiracy who were in the open were noticed?  And the best way to frame someone shooting JFK from behind is to shoot him from an entirely different location with an entirely different rifle thereby requiring a cover up of the evidence including bullets and wounds (i.e. necessitating access to the president's body and evidence after the fact) when all that complexity and risk could be avoided just by having your fantasy sniper fire the shots from the same location that your fantasy conspirators intend to frame their patsy using the MC rifle associated with him (i.e. the 6th floor window).   So entertaining.
This is the same stunt he pulled on me when I said I didn't believe Oswald was a CIA agent. My response that I didn't think Oswald was one came after a number of people claimed Oswald indeed was an agent. The typical back and forth on who Oswald was sort of exchange.

He then asked me what my firsthand knowledge of intelligence operations was. Not, mind you, the people making the claim but me, disagreeing with the claim. So I cited the judgment of CIA people. Not good enough. Then KGB people. Not good enough. So the original challenge was both silly and dishonest. He wasn't going to accept the judgment of people with actual firsthand knowledge of the issue.

In any case, we have once again the claim that powerful groups (in numerous agencies and with numerous political views, e.g,. Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, all who hate each other) conspiring to kill the president in broad daylight with hundreds of people watching, many with cameras. And then altering much of the evidence to make it look like the shots came from behind when they came from elsewhere. And then covering this all up. For half a century.

This is sheer lunacy and at some point we have to recognize that we're trying to reason with people who believe in such lunacy. And act accordingly.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 03:59:31 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 04:39:05 PM »
IMO, this thread is a waste of your attention, if you allot your time to attempting to learn more to resolve potentially resolvable issues or at least head in that direction. The test? Nothing will be resolved here, it is distraction and that is the goal!

The domain renewal of jfklancer.com apparently has not happened, they may have lost control of the URL.

Deborah Conway will inform you of who is eliminated as a suspected Secret Service agent on the knoll.:

http://web.archive.org/web/20210127101040/http://www.jfklancer.com/knollagent/index.html

Captain James Powell contradicts the testimony of his former commanding officer, Col. Jones. :

Read the part covering the HSCA testimony of Col. Robert E. Jones, commander of military intelligence based in San Antonio after the page at the link above.

http://web.archive.org/web/20191108022201/http://www.jfklancer.com/RobertJones.html
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 04:42:23 PM by Tom Scully »