Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What's the value of a dime?  (Read 3771 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

What's the value of a dime?
« on: September 05, 2021, 03:38:51 PM »
Advertisement
  Bill Whaley the taxi driver swore that his passenger handed him a dollar bill and told him to keep the change when the man departed his taxi at 500 N Beckley in Oakclif on the afternoon of 11-22-63.    Whaley's manifest for that day records that the fare for the trip from the Greyhound bus depot to 500 N. Beckley was 95 cents.    The manifest records that the passenger entered his cab at 12:30 and departed at 12:45.  Warren Commission exhibit 1119A ( page 158 WR) shows that the WC concluded that Lee Oswald arrived at the Greyhound bus station at 12:48 and arrived at his room at the rooming house at 1:00 pm and departed the rooming house at 1:03.

So the man that entered Whaley's cab at 12:30 could not have been Lee Oswald, because according to the WC investigators Lee didn't arrive at the Greyhound bus depot until 12:48.  ( Whaley had already dropped his passenger at 500 N. Beckley in Oakcliff at 12:45.) We can also know that Whaley's passenger was NOT Lee Oswald because the man was dressed differently than Lee Oswald.    Whaley testified that his passenger was wearing a BLUE JACKET and BLUE trousers.   Lee Oswald was NOT wearing a Jacket and he was wearing a reddish brown shirt with a button down collar and dark grey trousers. Whaley testified that his passenger was taciturn and didn't respond to his attempts at starting a conversation. 

On page  626 of the WR, is the report of Secret Service inspector Thomas Kelley who was present at a 11-23- interrogation session of Lee Oswald.  Kelly wrote:....   "In response to questions put by Captain Fritz, Oswald said that immediately after having left the building where he worked, he went by bus to the theater where he was arrested;  that when he got on the bus he secured a transfer and thereafter transferred to other buses to get to his destination". ----------------------- Fritz asked him if he had ridden in a taxi that day, and Oswald then changed his story and said that when he got on the bus he found that it was going too slow and after two blocks he got off the bus and took a cab to his home; that he passed the time with the cab driver and that the cab driver had told him that the president was shot. He paid a cab fare of 85 cents.

There are several crucial differences between Whaley's story and Lee Oswald's account of his taxi ride.    Not the least of which is Lee's statement that he paid a fare of 85 cents.   Whereas Whaley said his passenger who was wearing a BLUE JACKET  handed him a dollar bill and told him to keep the change.   Whaley recorded the fare to 500 N. Beckley as 95 cents.   The difference between Lee's stated taxi fare and Whaley's recorded fare is a mere ten cents, one thin dime,    But that dime represents a value much greater than a mere ten cents.

Today a dime will buy a small lollipop, but the dime of the Whaley's tail, bought millions of suckers. Many people have read the Warren Report and researched the assassination of President Kennedy and  accepted Bill Whaley's tale as though it is the gospel truth, but it's a lie.    Lee Oswald's account of the taxi ride that Inspector Kelley recorded in his report is the truth..... And Lee Oswald was NOT the man that Whaley picked up at 12:30 at the Greyhound bus depot, who Whaley said was untalkative .

If Lee had handed the driver a dollar bill he wouldn't have told Kelley that he paid 85 cents. ( you can bet that Lee would have told Fritz that he gave the driver a dollar)  And Lee told Fritz ( recorded by Kelley) that he and the taxi driver talked as they rode along, and the driver told him that JFK had been shot.    Recall that Whaley said that he asked his passenger if he knew why the sirens were wailing, so he obviously had no clue that JFK's parade was passing down Main street, and of course JFK was still very much alive at that point, so he couldn't have told Lee that JFK had been shot.   

The Warren Commission investigators were correct ....Lee did arrive at the Greyhound bus depot at about 12:48 .  ( 15 minutes after Whaley had departed with the man who was wearing a BLUE JACKET)  Lee Specified that he rode in a CITY cab and arrived at his room at 1:00pm. and he paid 85 cents for the ride.   

I should have titled this thread.... A Dime That Bought Millions Of Suckers.. But I thought that would be too provocative. :D

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 01:09:40 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

What's the value of a dime?
« on: September 05, 2021, 03:38:51 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

Re: What's the value of a dime?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »
I thought the fare for that alleged passenger's transport was 95 cents, with only a nickel tip.

In 1963, all dimes were 90 percent silver. The price of silver was rising above $1.00 per oz. and the U.S. mint soon abandoned minting silver dimes, quarters, and half dollars because the market price of the silver content was exceeding the face value of those coin denominations.

Silver is about $24 oz. currently, so a 1963 dime silver content is worth ten percent of $24 (= $2.40) X 90 percent = $2.16.

So, the silver content in a 1963 dime in "good" circulated condition is $2.16 . Reg. gasoline was about
28 cents per gallon in 1963 and is less than $3.00 in most places in the U.S. today.

I noticed Hostess cupcakes, two to a package, I purchased for a dime in the early 1960s were on sale at Krogers yesterday for $1.25. You can't power your ICE equipped car with silver or eat and digest it.

I contacted the keeper of the William W. Whaley findagrave.com memorial page and requested that he change the year of birth from 1905 to 1908, providing the following to support my request.

He created and maintains more than 25,000 findagrave.com pages so there may be a wait for his response.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth815959/m1/8/?q=whaley

Phillips Family History: A Brief History of the Phillips ... - Page 127
LINK: books.google.com › books
Harry Phillips · 1935 · ‎
FOUND INSIDE – PAGE 127
January 3 , 1889 ; daughter of T. L. Elam and Mary Miller ) ; salesman ; Baptist . a . William Wayne Whaley , Dallas , Texas , b . June 19 , 1908 ; m .
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 05:33:04 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 06:11:02 PM »
I thought the fare for that alleged passenger's transport was 95 cents, with only a nickel tip.

In 1963, all dimes were 90 percent silver. The price of silver was rising above $1.00 per oz. and the U.S. mint soon abandoned minting silver dimes, quarters, and half dollars because the market price of the silver content was exceeding the face value of those coin denominations.

Silver is about $24 oz. currently, so a 1963 dime silver content is worth ten percent of $24 (= $2.40) X 90 percent = $2.16.

So, the silver content in a 1963 dime in "good" circulated condition is $2.16 . Reg. gasoline was about
28 cents per gallon in 1963 and is less than $3.00 in most places in the U.S. today.

I noticed Hostess cupcakes, two to a package, I purchased for a dime in the early 1960s were on sale at Krogers yesterday for $1.25. You can't power your ICE equipped car with silver or eat and digest it.

I contacted the keeper of the William W. Whaley findagrave.com memorial page and requested that he change the year of birth from 1905 to 1908, providing the following to support my request.

He created and maintains more than 25,000 findagrave.com pages so there may be a wait for his response.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth815959/m1/8/?q=whaley

Phillips Family History: A Brief History of the Phillips ... - Page 127
LINK: books.google.com › books
Harry Phillips · 1935 · ‎
FOUND INSIDE – PAGE 127
January 3 , 1889 ; daughter of T. L. Elam and Mary Miller ) ; salesman ; Baptist . a . William Wayne Whaley , Dallas , Texas , b . June 19 , 1908 ; m .

Sorry Mr Scully....  You've been deceived.   There was no "alleged" passenger....   Whaley did in fact transport a man from the Greyhound bus depot to 500 N Beckley ...But that man was NOT Lee Oswald.    One of the core episodes in the tale of the assassination of President Kennedy is the tale that Whaley transported Lee Oswald to Oakcliff in his taxi immediately after the assassination.  That tale is all pure BS.     Lee Oswald was never in Whaley's taxi.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 06:11:02 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 03:02:40 PM »
  Bill Whaley the taxi driver swore that his passenger handed him a dollar bill and told him to keep the change when the man departed his taxi at 500 N Beckley in Oakclif on the afternoon of 11-22-63.    Whaley's manifest for that day records that the fare for the trip from the Greyhound bus depot to 500 N. Beckley was 95 cents.    The manifest records that the passenger entered his cab at 12:30 and departed at 12:45.  Warren Commission exhibit 1119A ( page 158 WR) shows that the WC concluded that Lee Oswald arrived at the Greyhound bus station at 12:48 and arrived at his room at the rooming house at 1:00 pm and departed the rooming house at 1:03.

So the man that entered Whaley's cab at 12:30 could not have been Lee Oswald, because according to the WC investigators Lee didn't arrive at the Greyhound bus depot until 12:48.  ( Whaley had already dropped his passenger at 500 N. Beckley in Oakcliff at 12:45.) We can also know that Whaley's passenger was NOT Lee Oswald because the man was dressed differently than Lee Oswald.    Whaley testified that his passenger was wearing a BLUE JACKET and BLUE trousers.   Lee Oswald was NOT wearing a Jacket and he was wearing a reddish brown shirt with a button down collar and dark grey trousers. Whaley testified that his passenger was taciturn and didn't respond to his attempts at starting a conversation. 

On page  626 of the WR, is the report of Secret Service inspector Thomas Kelley who was present at a 11-23- interrogation session of Lee Oswald.  Kelly wrote:....   "In response to questions put by Captain Fritz, Oswald said that immediately after having left the building where he worked, he went by bus to the theater where he was arrested;  that when he got on the bus he secured a transfer and thereafter transferred to other buses to get to his destination". ----------------------- Fritz asked him if he had ridden in a taxi that day, and Oswald then changed his story and said that when he got on the bus he found that it was going too slow and after two blocks he got off the bus and took a cab to his home; that he passed the time with the cab driver and that the cab driver had told him that the president was shot. He paid a cab fare of 85 cents.

There are several crucial differences between Whaley's story and Lee Oswald's account of his taxi ride.    Not the least of which is Lee's statement that he paid a fare of 85 cents.   Whereas Whaley said his passenger who was wearing a BLUE JACKET  handed him a dollar bill and told him to keep the change.   Whaley recorded the fare to 500 N. Beckley as 95 cents.   The difference between Lee's stated taxi fare and Whaley's recorded fare is a mere ten cents, one thin dime,    But that dime represents a value much greater than a mere ten cents.

Today a dime will buy a small lollipop, but the dime of the Whaley's tail, bought millions of suckers. Many people have read the Warren Report and researched the assassination of President Kennedy and  accepted Bill Whaley's tale as though it is the gospel truth, but it's a lie.    Lee Oswald's account of the taxi ride that Inspector Kelley recorded in his report is the truth..... And Lee Oswald was NOT the man that Whaley picked up at 12:30 at the Greyhound bus depot, who Whaley said was untalkative .

If Lee had handed the driver a dollar bill he wouldn't have told Kelley that he paid 85 cents. ( you can bet that Lee would have told Fritz that he gave the driver a dollar)  And Lee told Fritz ( recorded by Kelley) that he and the taxi driver talked as they rode along, and the driver told him that JFK had been shot.    Recall that Whaley said that he asked his passenger if he knew why the sirens were wailing, so he obviously had no clue that JFK's parade was passing down Main street, and of course JFK was still very much alive at that point, so he couldn't have told Lee that JFK had been shot.   

The Warren Commission investigators were correct ....Lee did arrive at the Greyhound bus depot at about 12:48 .  ( 15 minutes after Whaley had departed with the man who was wearing a BLUE JACKET)  Lee Specified that he rode in a CITY cab and arrived at his room at 1:00pm. and he paid 85 cents for the ride.   

I should have titled this thread.... A Dime That Bought Millions Of Suckers.. But I thought that would be too provocative. :D

It doesn't matter what Oswald said.
He's a pathological liar.
You lot are dupes and nothing more.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 04:06:36 PM »

For what reason would Lee lie about the taxi ride??     

It was a simple and routine matter...  Lee said that he got off the bus because it was moving too slow..( we know that this is true)
The WC investigators determined that Lee got off the bus at about 12:44, then walked the two blocks to the taxi stand at the Greyhound bus depot and hired a CITY cab at 12:48.  He said that he conversed with the driver, ( Who I believe was Darryl Glick) and the driver told him that the president had been shot.  Lee said that he paid 85 cents for the ride from the Bus depot to the rooming house, and that's the correct fare for that trip. ( How would Lee have known that the fare was 85cents if he hadn't actually rode in that taxi???    He said that it was the first time he had taken a taxi because there were always busses available. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 04:06:36 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 06:33:56 PM »

For what reason would Lee lie about the taxi ride??     

It was a simple and routine matter...  Lee said that he got off the bus because it was moving too slow..( we know that this is true)
The WC investigators determined that Lee got off the bus at about 12:44, then walked the two blocks to the taxi stand at the Greyhound bus depot and hired a CITY cab at 12:48.  He said that he conversed with the driver, ( Who I believe was Darryl Glick) and the driver told him that the president had been shot.  Lee said that he paid 85 cents for the ride from the Bus depot to the rooming house, and that's the correct fare for that trip. ( How would Lee have known that the fare was 85cents if he hadn't actually rode in that taxi???    He said that it was the first time he had taken a taxi because there were always busses available.

Walt, why have you never asked me to search for the elusive Darryl Click?

This was how the military liason to the ARRB reacted to my proving someone he wanted to stay missing was not missing. Douglas Horne seemed very disappointed that I identified and located Ray Crump murder trial prosecution witness, William L. Mitchell.:

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, ...
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Mary_s_Mosaic/
Peter Janney · 2016
FOUND INSIDE
"... was Tom Scully, but he would identify himself on Amazon only as “Rational Voice.” Discussing his critical post of Mary's Mosaic in an email to a University of Georgia law professor, Scully identified himself as “a moderator at the ..."

57 years ago, the WCR explained away the mention of that name.:
https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/appendix-12.html

I searched, anyway. This is a free site. Sign up, knock yourself out.

I found one, but in 1963 he was 9 years old. :

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:41:14 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 06:47:04 PM »

This was how the military liason to the ARRB reacted to my proving someone he wanted to stay missing was not missing. Douglas Horne seemed very disappointed that I identified and located Ray Crump murder trial prosecution witness, William L. Mitchell.:

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, ...
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Mary_s_Mosaic/
Peter Janney · 2016
FOUND INSIDE
"... was Tom Scully, but he would identify himself on Amazon only as “Rational Voice.” Discussing his critical post of Mary's Mosaic in an email to a University of Georgia law professor, Scully identified himself as “a moderator at the ..."

57 years ago, the WCR explained away the mention of that name.:
https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/appendix-12.html

I searched, anyway. This is a free site. Sign up, knock yourself out.

I found one, but in 1963 he was 9 years old. :

I wanted to ask you but I wasn't sure that you would tell me to go to hell....  And I believe the man's name was Glick...Not Click.

Thank you very much, Tom....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 06:47:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 07:09:20 PM »

WOW!!....   What a stunning admission that you are so biased that you ignore ( as in ignorant) anything that refutes your unproven ideas.

You are a classic case of cranial rectalitus