Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The lapel flip -- what did i miss?  (Read 19459 times)

Offline Chris Bristow

Re: The lapel flip -- what did i miss?
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 12:49:51 AM »
Advertisement
I have been looking at the Groden copy and it is clearer for viewing the lapel. In frame 222 the lapel looks like it has already flipped over most of the way, but in 223 it is back to normal. Then in 224 it is flipped again. Is it possible that the lapel is flipping due to Connally's wrist or hat rubbing against the lapel?
In frame 222 we see his right sleeve cuff coming up into view. Then in 223 the arm drops back down below the door and the lapel returns to normal for one frame. (The glint of sunlight off his right shirt cuff is barley visible just above the door near the bottom of the lapel.)
His wrist is higher in 222 with lapel partially flipped.
his wrist drops in 223 and the lapel is not flipped.
In 224 and the lapel is flipped again. The right cuff is identifiable in frames 229/230, if you flip back and forth you see the cuff move down with his hat.)

In frame 238 thru 239 it looks like his other lapel has flipped over. This happens as he drags his right arm and hat back to the right which may be catching the left lapel and flipping it over. Or maybe his left arm is dragging across his lapel as he tries to turn to the right. The left arm naturally drags across the chest if you try and twist your torso to the right in a seated position.
    In 238 and 239 the left lapel looks like it is flipped. Regardless of whether it is flipped or it is an anomaly due to lighting or something. how do we know the right lapel flip in 224 is due to a bullet if we see the same phenomena in frame 238 and 239?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:44:16 AM by Chris Bristow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 12:49:51 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 01:26:23 AM »
It is a matter of looking at all the evidence. Logic is based on premises.  Premises have to be based on ALL the evidence. Not just one piece of evidence and someone's interpretation of it that does not fit the rest of the evidence. That is all I am saying.  Your premises do not fit the evidence.
The arm most certainly is moving. From z222 to z223 it drops to the right and then moves continuously across his body.  From z222 to z223, the amount of jacket covering the shirt decreases, from z223 to z224 it increases.   At z222 we see the hand, at z223 it disappears below the top of the door, in z224 we still don't see it, in z225 we see the hand again and in z226 we can see the hat (blurry but confirmed as the hat in z230):

If a bullet made the jacket move from z223 to z224, how do you explain the change from z222 to z223?

It appears that the jacket lapel is covering more of his shirt in z222 than in z223 and this appears to occur at the same time as his right hand drops from view.  So if the jacket can move from covering the shirt to exposing the shirt in one frame due to the movement of the hand, logic would tell you that that it could do the reverse in one frame due to the movement of the hand.

The usual unbelievable nonsense.
You are saying the movement of JBC's jacket in z224 is caused by JBC's arm moving across the front of his body.
I point out that his arm isn't moving across the front of him at this moment.
You disagree and, as usual, completely contradict yourself to try and win a point:

" At z222 we see the hand, at z223 it disappears below the top of the door, in z224 we still don't see it,"

So, as you correctly point out, JBC's hand disappears below the top of the door from z222 to z223. This happens in 55 milliseconds (half the blink of an eye), and is the moment JBC's wrist is hit by the bullet.
You then go on to state that his hand is still below the top of the door in z224, the same frame as the so-called 'lapel flip'.
In on breath you say the 'lapel flip' is caused by his arm is moving across his front at this point then in the next you state his hand is still below the top of the door at this point!!

You will literally say anything to keep your debunked theory alive in your mind.

The 'lapel flip' cannot be caused by his hand moving across his front as his hand is still below the top of the door at this point.
So what causes it if not the fragments of bone and tissue debris blowing out of the exit wound in his chest?

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 01:32:22 AM »
Funny thing, I did not see your post before posting the same basic argument.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 01:32:22 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 01:50:26 AM »
The usual unbelievable nonsense.
You are saying the movement of JBC's jacket in z224 is caused by JBC's arm moving across the front of his body.
I point out that his arm isn't moving across the front of him at this moment.
You disagree and, as usual, completely contradict yourself to try and win a point:

" At z222 we see the hand, at z223 it disappears below the top of the door, in z224 we still don't see it,"

So, as you correctly point out, JBC's hand disappears below the top of the door from z222 to z223. This happens in 55 milliseconds (half the blink of an eye), and is the moment JBC's wrist is hit by the bullet.
You then go on to state that his hand is still below the top of the door in z224, the same frame as the so-called 'lapel flip'.
In on breath you say the 'lapel flip' is caused by his arm is moving across his front at this point then in the next you state his hand is still below the top of the door at this point!!

It is not difficult.  The arm moves down from z222 to z223.  From z223 to z225 it moves across his body.  We can't see it in z224 but we can infer that it must be moving across his front because we can see this movement in the succeeding frames.  All I am saying is that the movement of the jacket is perfectly consistent with the arm moving across his front before z224. It is not difficult. 

You have to admit that an arm movement can cause the jacket to move. We can see that from z222 to z223.  But you maintain that the movement of the arm from z224 to z231 did not begin before z224.  How do you know that? The jacket moves back to a similar position that it had in z222.

You will literally say anything to keep your debunked theory alive in your mind.
Well, I could make the same comment about your approach, perhaps - saying anything to keep the z224 bullet theory alive.  But I won't. 

The 'lapel flip' cannot be caused by his hand moving across his front as his hand is still below the top of the door at this point.
His hand can't be moving just because we can't see it?  And you think I am being unreasonable?

So what causes it if not the fragments of bone and tissue debris blowing out of the exit wound in his chest?
The fragments of bone and tissue blowing out of the exit wound?  What evidence is there of that?  I am not aware of any bone fragments from the rib going anywhere except into the lower lobe of the right lung. 

Your theory also does not explain the other hole above the sleeve - the one above the cuff. A single missile cannot make two entrance holes in clothing several inches apart.  The other wound in the wrist was on the palm side, 2 cm from the crease of the wrist.  Unless the french cuff was riding up over his hand (which I think would not have been possible), the object that made the palm side opening in the skin was not the same one that made the hole in the shirt sleeve above the cuff.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 01:51:37 AM »
I have been looking at the Groden copy and it is clearer for viewing the lapel. In frame 222 the lapel looks like it has already flipped over most of the way, but in 223 it is back to normal. Then in 224 it is flipped again. Is it possible that the lapel is flipping due to Connally's wrist or hat rubbing against the lapel?
In frame 222 we see his right sleeve cuff coming up into view. Then in 223 the arm drops back down below the door and the lapel returns to normal for one frame. (The glint of sunlight off his right shirt cuff is barley visible just above the door near the bottom of the lapel.)
His wrist rises back up in 224 and the lapel is flipped again. The right cuff is identifiable in frames 229/230, if you flip back and forth you see the cuff move down with his hat.)

In frame 238 thru 239 it looks like his other lapel has flipped over. This happens as he drags his right arm and hat back to the right which may be catching the left lapel and flipping it over. Or maybe his left arm is dragging across his lapel as he tries to turn to the right. The left arm naturally drags across the chest if you try and twist your torso to the right in a seated position.
    In 238 and 239 the left lapel looks like it is flipped. Regardless of whether it is flipped or it is an anomaly due to lighting or something. how do we know the right lapel flip in 224 is due to a bullet if we see the same phenomena in frame 238 and 239?
Exactly my point.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 01:51:37 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 02:44:15 AM »
His wrist rises back up in 224 and the lapel is flipped again. The right cuff is identifiable in frames 229/230, if you flip back and forth you see the cuff move down with his hat.)

"His wrist rises back up in 224 and the lapel is flipped again"

Below is a close up of z224. I'm not sure I can see where JBC's wrist is rising back up. Can you point it out?

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 03:42:31 AM »
Sorry my mistake. Meant to say the lapel flipped again.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:45:03 AM by Chris Bristow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 03:42:31 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 05:56:10 AM »

JohnM