Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Do JFKA CT's also believe that 9/11 was a U.S. Government conspiracy?  (Read 3317 times)

Offline John Mytton

Advertisement
With the 9/11 20th anniversary coming up it would be interesting to gauge the thinking that almost four decades later the American Government still conspired to murder it's own people.
Feel free to discuss the evidence like jet fuel burning temperatures, planted explosives, free falling collapsing buildings, WTC7 and etc etc.
Also if you do vote could you please explain why you voted the way you did.
I know that some aspects of this conspiracy can be seen as Off topic to this Forums title, but the very essence of covering up a grand conspiracy shares a lot with the JFKA and hopefully Duncan won't move this to the Off Topic section.

Btw to be fair I also threw in a last question where LNers who believe in a 9/11 conspiracy can also have a vote.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 02:58:13 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jon Banks

Re: Do JFKA conspiracy believers also believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 12:53:42 AM »
My opinion on JFK is around 60/40 in favor of conspiracy. I reject most conspiracy theories and would argue that the Kennedy assassination is inconclusive. I’m not quite certain that there was a conspiracy.

At the same time, I acknowledge that conspiracies can and do happen (ie Watergate, Iran Contra, political coups and assassinations in other countries, criminal conspiracies etc). 

Most conspiracy theories don’t make a whole lot of sense. But there are some cases where a conspiracy is likely even if CT’ers are mostly wrong about the “who” and “how”.

I’ve looked into the 9/11 conspiracy stuff but never found any of the theories convincing.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 12:54:58 AM »
A caveat. Many American LNers are Trump-idolizers and McConnell-Graham-Cruz-GOP supporters. They're obviously been radicalized by networks like Fox News and sites like Breitbart. Maybe they don't go for the 9-11 stuff, but they're pretty susceptible to conspiracy theory.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 12:54:58 AM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 12:58:42 AM »
Technically 9/11 was a conspiracy since at least 19 hijackers were involved but I assume you mean some conspiracy involving the US government.  The latter, of course, is insane on any number of levels including the basic incompetence of the government to carry out any such conspiracy.  Just take a look at how Old Joe is handling things in Afghanistan.  A fiasco.  If the government were involved in 9/11, the hijackers would have taken all the money and gone to a strip club.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 01:08:07 AM »
Technically 9/11 was a conspiracy since at least 19 hijackers were involved but I assume you mean some conspiracy involving the US government.  The latter, of course, is insane on any number of levels including the basic incompetence of the government to carry out any such conspiracy.  Just take a look at how Old Joe is handling things in Afghanistan.  A fiasco.  If the government were involved in 9/11, the hijackers would have taken all the money and gone to a strip club.

Technically 9/11 was a conspiracy since at least 19 hijackers were involved

Thumb1:

Yes you're right and to remove any ambiguity I have altered the Thread title.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 01:08:07 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 02:56:44 AM »
A caveat. Many American LNers are Trump-idolizers and McConnell-Graham-Cruz-GOP supporters. They're obviously been radicalized by networks like Fox News and sites like Breitbart. Maybe they don't go for the 9-11 stuff, but they're pretty susceptible to conspiracy theory.
Huh? Many American LNers have been radicalized into believing government conspiracies by Fox News and Breitbart but they don't believe in a 9/11 conspiracy? Or, obviously a JFK conspiracy for that matter.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. If they've succumbed to or have been manipulated into believing in government conspiracies then why do they reject the two most noted alleged conspiracies in US history? That's completely illogical. Wouldn't they be more likely to believe in those two conspiracies?

And where did you come up with this "Many American LNers..?" I've seen no polls or surveys on JFK conspiracy belief indicating any connection between political ideology and belief in a conspiracy. Furthermore, the most noted JFK conspiracy believers have been your fellow anti-American leftwingers like Mark Lane and Oliver Stone. Not anyone on the political right (although I guess Garrison could have been put there).

I think you've been hanging around these conspiracists for so long that you're beginning to think like they do.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 04:25:06 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 05:23:40 AM »

Huh? Many American LNers have been radicalized into believing government conspiracies by Fox News and Breitbart but they don't believe in a 9/11 conspiracy? Or, obviously a JFK conspiracy for that matter.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. If they've succumbed to or have been manipulated into believing in government conspiracies then why do they reject the two most noted conspiracies in US history? That's completely illogical. Wouldn't they be more likely to believe in those two conspiracies?

And where did you come up with this "Many American LNers..?" I've seen no polls or surveys on JFK conspiracy belief indicating any connection between political ideology and belief in a conspiracy. Furthermore, the most noted JFK conspiracy believers have been your fellow anti-American leftwingers like Mark Lane and Oliver Stone. Not anyone on the political right (although I guess Garrison could have been put there).

I think you've been hanging around these conspiracists for so long that you're beginning to think like they do.

I believe that Trump supporters are more likely to believe in the JFK conspiracy and not be LNers. Particularly the ones who believe in the Large-Secret-Enduring conspiracy that hundreds of volunteer poll works, hundreds of programmers, conspired to throw the election to Biden. As Steve points out, someone who falls for one L-S-E conspiracy theory is more likely to fall for others. That only makes sense.

Among the strong Trump supporters, including his claims of a stolen election, who also support the JFK conspiracy theory that I can name off the top of my head:

Alex Jones
Roger Stone
Donald Trump

And, of course, I can assure everyone here that I both currently reject any JFK conspiracy theory (subject to change, with convincing evidence, which I do not expect) and reject Trump (not subject to change, ever, unless I develop Alzheimer's disease) for being a fascist and a traitor to America and the most basic democratic traditions.

My only disagreement with Steve is that I think both the far left and the far right are equally susceptible to believing in a JFK conspiracy theory. Particularly a U. S. government conspiracy theory. Both don’t like democracy and will tend to embrace a theory that means our democracy is really a sham.

Question:

What prominent supporter of Trump and his “Stolen Election” claims is also a LNer?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 05:25:07 AM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 05:23:40 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Do JFKA CT's also believe that 9/11 was a U.S. Government conspiracy?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 05:31:54 AM »

Hello John

I see your poll asks:

* I believe that JFK was assassinated as part of a conspiracy and 9/11 was also a U. S. G. conspiracy
* I believe that JFK was assassinated as part of a conspiracy and 9/11 was also a U. S. G. conspiracy
* I’m a LNer and I believe that 9/11 was also a U. S. G. conspiracy

Like Captain Kirk, I need a fourth alternative, before I can participate in this poll, like:

* I’m a LNer and I don’t believe in the 9/11 U. S. G. conspiracy theory, and I don’t believe in the stolen 2020 election theory and I don’t believe in any Large-Secret-Enduring conspiracy theory.